Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What are past precedents for this type of infraction? Any hope for only a large fine?

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/nfl-rules-enforcement/fines-appeals/

A fine for sure.... suspension dependent on their view of it. 50/50 I’d say now. But prob more a fine. The player that came and knocked off fournettes helmet may get more of a suspension. Fournette kinda open hand slapped his face mask.

10 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/nfl-rules-enforcement/fines-appeals/

A fine for sure.... suspension dependent on their view of it. 50/50 I’d say now. But prob more a fine. The player that came and knocked off fournettes helmet may get more of a suspension. Fournette kinda open hand slapped his face mask.

Let's hope.

I have no shares of LF anywhere, but after watching that replay, I think that he should just be fined. This is football. No harm no foul.

However, OBJ was suspended 1 game for his incident with Norman so we can probably expect the same.

Hoping for just an ejection and a fine. A lot of people are referencing last year where Mike Evans and AJ Green both didn't get suspended since they were ejected mid game. However, Fournette did come off the bench to join the scrum. He wasn't involved in the play. That might make things different.

Really hoping he's not suspended. And their offense is horrendous without him lately.

Just now, nonstopfan said:

I have no shares of LF anywhere, but after watching that replay, I think that he should just be fined. This is football. No harm no foul.

However, OBJ was suspended 1 game for his incident with Norman so we can probably expect the same.

OBJ went full-on lost his mind in that game vs Norman. I wouldn't compare that to this, personally. But if OBJ only got 1 game for that, then 1 game for this seems like overkill. Although the NFL hasn't been consistent in its punishments...

The thing making me most weary is that he came off the bench to throw the punches. There might be some rule where that's an automatic suspension. That's just pure speculation on my part though. Hoping we have Fournette for next week

2 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Hoping for just an ejection and a fine. A lot of people are referencing last year where Mike Evans and AJ Green both didn't get suspended since they were ejected mid game. However, Fournette did come off the bench to join the scrum. He wasn't involved in the play. That might make things different.

Really hoping he's not suspended. And their offense is horrendous without him lately.

Great call with the AJ Green and Ramsey fight. That's a better example. Green was not suspended for that

It is only fitting that this guy get suspended after missing almost the entire year. Lenny is a complete moron

32 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I’m pretty sure Evans was suspended a game last year.

38 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

They should suspend him a game for leaving the bench, if it's not already a rule it should be. 

I hope it isn't. It ruined a major playoff series in basketball about a decade ago where the Sun's leading scorer was suspended for getting up, which by letter of the rule was "leaving the bench."

He was 5 yards away from getting me my 100 yards rushing bonus, and was well on his way to more with over a quarter left to play.  After keeping him from last year, I've had it with this guy. He''ll be someone else's headache next year!

22 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

He wasn’t on the field on the play? If he did in fact leave the bench I’m pretty sure he’s getting suspended. 

Just watched & he wasn’t on for that play. Hyde was in the backfield

Archived