Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

What also sucks is that they just fired the OC.   So there is some risk that they don't pound the ball as much for the rest of the year.

I’m not so sure a new OC who’s trying to improve on his predecessor is going to think “yea we need to have Bortles throw the ball more”. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’m hoping because he was ejected he’ll just get an extra hefty fine for leaving the bench & that’s it. A suspension seems a little heavy for a slap fight

Another reason I don’t think he’ll get suspended is because of how he conducted himself as he was leaving the field. Lawson, on the other hand, probably will be suspended because he was acting like a wild dog on a leash on his way out. Yelling at Fournette & needing 3 guys to hold him back all the way up the tunnel. Fournette accepted his ejection & seemed to be calm leaving the field 

Just now, ff062018 said:

I’m not so sure a new OC who’s trying to improve on his predecessor is going to think “yea we need to have Bortles throw the ball more”. 

LOL.   I thought that as well and it's possible.   But I would think the OC is going to have to change something.   And any change at all would seem to be less carries for Fournette.

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Another reason I don’t think he’ll get suspended is because of how he conducted himself as he was leaving the field. Lawson, on the other hand, probably will be suspended because he was acting like a wild dog on a leash on his way out. Yelling at Fournette & needing 3 guys to hold him back all the way up the tunnel. Fournette accepted his ejection & seemed to be calm leaving the field 

NFL cant have players leaving the bench to throw a punch.

That's wishful thinking in my opinion.   He'll likely be judged on the act itself, not how nice he acted after.

I hope I'm wrong.  

Just now, Zak0221 said:

NFL cant have players leaving the bench to throw a punch.

I don’t think that’s why he was there. Players leave the bench area every game now to celebrate TD’s, which is what they all thought happened. The fight began after he was already arrived

I don’t think that’s why he was there. Players leave the bench area every game now to celebrate TD’s, which is what they all thought happened. The fight began after he was already arrived

Motive also plays a huge factor.  I don't think Fournette's motive was to celebrate with the team.  He stormed down the sideline directly to Shaq Lawson, nobody else.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

That's wishful thinking in my opinion.   He'll likely be judged on the act itself, not how nice he acted after.

I hope I'm wrong.  

Hey, let me hang on to my positive thoughts here...just added Gordon & Mack to join KJohnson on my injured RB list 😳 

2 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

Motive also plays a huge factor.  I don't think Fournette's motive was to celebrate with the team.  He stormed down the sideline directly to Shaq Lawson, nobody else.

I looked again & I think his intention was to celebrate but the fight had just started as he arrived. He saw Hyde getting ganged up on & defended him, not necessarily looking for Lawson specifically. I still think the ejection will keep him from getting suspended another game though

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I looked again & I think his intention was to celebrate but the fight had just started as he arrived. He saw Hyde getting ganged up on & defended him, not necessarily looking for Lawson specifically. I still think the ejection will keep him from getting suspended another game though

I hope your right man. I'm glad he got ejected when he did and not just a flag.  The good part is Jon Runyan supposedly takes a look at these things and hands out the fines/suspensions.  This is almost like Richie Ingognito handing out penalties.  Hopefully Jon remembers all the times he's punched players, threw players, ect ect. 

What a terrible decision to start slapping a dude on the face mask and helmet. I’m sure he dinged up a finger or knuckle somehow too. These types of clowns no matter how talented should get run out of the league and replaced by players who know its for entertainment and kids are watching. I’m so tired of explaining that this guy or that guy was most likely raised wrong and I too stupid to learn anything from the past mistakes. We keep coddling these athletes and they keep disappointing us with a lack of respect for anyone or anything. 

29 minutes ago, Krambone said:

What a terrible decision to start slapping a dude on the face mask and helmet. I’m sure he dinged up a finger or knuckle somehow too. These types of clowns no matter how talented should get run out of the league and replaced by players who know its for entertainment and kids are watching. I’m so tired of explaining that this guy or that guy was most likely raised wrong and I too stupid to learn anything from the past mistakes. We keep coddling these athletes and they keep disappointing us with a lack of respect for anyone or anything. 

Regardless, come on bra.  53 vs 53 grown men playing a physical sport.  A couple slaps and pushes isn't really a huge deal given the testosterone on a football field.  It's when they beat women, DUI's crashing cars,  Assaulting someone, ect ect is when it mostly has consequences with kids.  Reading about your favorite player beating his wife, or killing someone in a DUI, ect ect.

8 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Damn NFL is so soft these days. Imagine if Deion and Rison got run after this fight back in the day. Would have erased Prime Time's epic pick 6 later in the game from existence. 

Didnt Deion also get into a scuffle with the Falcons when he was a cowboy? Not to hi jack this thread, but i cant find anything.

9 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Come on, man. He's like 24-48 with almost as many INTs as TDs. With stats like those, they're bound to turn it around eventually.

Oh...you misunderstood me.   The Jags are benching him.   Personally, I think he's fantastic and just in a bad situation.   He's got his best years in front of him.

3 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Didnt Deion also get into a scuffle with the Falcons when he was a cowboy? Not to hi jack this thread, but i cant find anything.

The NFL's golden age is behind us. Sorry to all you young fellas that missed it. 

4 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

So apparently the Fournette news won’t come out until Tuesday when all games for the week are done. Here’s to nothing more than a fine! 🍺

I don’t need him next week so I’m good. But his decision making worries me. He’s the best player on that offense and totally buried their season because he wanted to be bout it bout it. Plus a dude who was out all year injured needs to refrain from extracurriculars. 

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I don’t need him next week so I’m good. But his decision making worries me. He’s the best player on that offense and totally buried their season because he wanted to be bout it bout it. Plus a dude who was out all year injured needs to refrain from extracurriculars. 

Speak for yourself! 😄

33 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yup, and let's remember he also missed a game due to a team suspension last year. So we have the array of injuries, a team-issued suspension, now an ejection, and a potential NFL-issued suspension. This guy just can't stay on the field. It is a shame because he is dominant when he plays. Look at how the Jags offense shut down without him.

Archived