fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

holy s--- today has been gnarly for a lot of teams: Gordon, Dalton, Bortles, Fournette, Marvin Jones, Doyle

20 hours ago, ff062018 said:

I thought for sure he was going to get suspended for coming off the bench and throwing punches. But I hadn’t seen the video until I watched what was just posted above. Surely he won’t get suspended for a slap. As you said, he got ejected. Hopefully a big fine on top of that is deemed sufficient. I lost M Gordon today and possibly Mack. Already have Kerryon out. I can’t lose Fournette for next week too. 

Well, buddy...we’re screwed next week

9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

holy s--- today has been gnarly for a lot of teams: Gordon, Dalton, Bortles, Fournette, Marvin Jones, Doyle

I have Gordon, Fournette, Doyle, Mack, and Kerryon. It’s a absolute joke for all of this to happen at a single point this late in the season. 

And I play against the Hyde owner this next week. 

Edited by ff062018

NFL suspended RB Leonard Fournette one game for violating the league's unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness policy.

Fournette was initially expected to avoid a ban, but the league is cracking down on him after he came off the sideline to attack Shaq Lawson, throwing punches. Fournette and Lawson continued to fight into the tunnel following their ejections. Fournette will almost certainly appeal this, but for now he's going to miss the home game against the Colts. In his absence, Carlos Hyde and T.J. Yeldon would handle backfield duties. Yeldon is the preferred play in all formats.

Just now, 99-percent-sure said:

He'll appeal Thursday, play this week, play next week, then the NFL will deny the appeal and Fournette will miss a FF playoff game. Book it.

Doubtful.  He wasn't even in on the play when everything happened.  He came off the sidelines to throw a punch.  He will get instant rejection of the appeal.  Not even the players union will get behind him when evidence is so obvious.

6 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

He'll appeal Thursday, play this week, play next week, then the NFL will deny the appeal and Fournette will miss a FF playoff game. Book it.

Appeals like this are heard the same week.  It will most likely be rejected.

7 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Hoping for an appeal and him instead sitting out week 14, my 1st round bye.  not expecting anything positive though

Me too. The NFLPA will definitely want an appeal, just for precedent’s sake. If they can put off the suspension a week I’ll be eternally grateful 😄

This clown finally comes back after submarining my season been clawing to remain in contention and I still am. Now in a must win situation he does this, wow. 

• Like 1

just take your punishment like a man,  it is pretty clear he was wrong, there is no defense of it, sucks for us, but it is a well deserved punishment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

just take your punishment like a man,  it is pretty clear he was wrong, there is no defense of it, sucks for us, but it is a well deserved punishment

Supposed to play against him this week huh? The NFLPA will demand he appeal anyway

I feel sorry for people who need him this weekend, but I’d rather he be available for the playoffs. Hopefully if he appeals they are swift with the rejection. 

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Supposed to play against him this week huh? The NFLPA will demand he appeal anyway

no i have him on my team, but nice try

i just prefer to have this over and done with now, and have him back for the playoff weeks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

no i have him on my team, but nice try

i just prefer to have this over and done with now, and have him back for the playoff weeks

Lighten up Francis...

He has 3 business days to file an appeal. I wouldn’t be surprised if he files on Thursday to play Sunday & force the appeal to be heard next week 

25 minutes ago, Panthor said:

This...Fournette is one of the biggest tools in the game...10 weeks to heal a hammy then gets mad when he gets touched in football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Lighten up Francis...

He has 3 business days to file an appeal. I wouldn’t be surprised if he files on Thursday to play Sunday & force the appeal to be heard next week 

appeal on what grounds exactly?  I have never heard of a fight victim getting their suspended revoked once NFL deemed it worthy of one.  Have they ever admitted they were wrong without lengthy court battle?

• Like 1