fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

I don't believe he can make that distinction because if you watch even the simple replay of the TD, you don't see Lenny trotting over to his teammates to high five them he literally is bee lining to confront someone.  

That would be a hard pill for the NFL to swallow to 'ok' throwing some punches RIGHT next to fans in the stands simply bc he was caught up in emotion to go celebrate a TD lol

AJ Green's body slam happened on the field of play after a play ended, he just got carried away but he was not near any fans and did not come off the bench.

Mike Evans was suspended for his cheap shot.  Marshawn Lynch last year ran off the bench and bumped a ref and his appeal was denied. 

I think you’re right.... it’s the coming off the bench that is the major problem here.  Whether they say it or not.   If you don’t nip that in the bud right away you’re gonna end up with a brawl.    

Either way this sets up for him to have a big game in week 14.    Rolling Hyde one week in flex.   

Apparently the appeal hearing is today. Not expecting good news with it being so soon

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

Apparently the appeal hearing is today. Not expecting good news with it being so soon

That is how quickly the appeals process normally takes. It is only when a player decides to take the denied appeal decision to court that a judge can provide an injunction delaying the punishment from occurring. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/27/leonard-fournettes-appeal-could-have-7-million-in-the-balance/

Wow, this is why you gotta think before you act. One game suspension is the least of his worries now.

I don’t expect him to be cut anytime soon though, which would need to happen for him to actually lose that $7 million (if it is even possible within the contract. Keyword “could”.)

Like the article states it may increase the odds of a trade, which would be good for us dynasty owners as Jacksonville is a pretty awful situation. Seems like they are getting sick of his s*** down there.

Edited by MJJ28

8 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/27/leonard-fournettes-appeal-could-have-7-million-in-the-balance/

Wow, this is why you gotta think before you act. One game suspension is the least of his worries now.

If the sportswriter found out about this, you know the NFLPA is using this as a reason to argue against suspension. I’m sure their argument would be because it would be a much longer reaching punishment than what is expected for this incident. I’d bet with that, they’re trying to negotiate a huge fine & ejection as time served

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

If the sportswriter found out about this, you know the NFLPA is using this as a reason to argue against suspension. I’m sure their argument would be because it would be a much longer reaching punishment than what is expected for this incident. I’d bet with that, they’re trying to negotiate a huge fine & ejection as time served

You are probably right. My guess is just that, heavy fine and no suspension. Otherwise you could be penalizing a guy 7 million for a fight. Seems like there would be a lot of backlash from that from a pr perspective. 

• Haha 1

As much as I want to believe his suspension might be reversed, the fact that he actually came off the sidelines to throw the punches just seems too much to ignore

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

As much as I want to believe his suspension might be reversed, the fact that he actually came off the sidelines to throw the punches just seems too much to ignore

Agreed, but the contract issue is a huge consideration here. I still think they have no sympathy & try to make an example out of him, but that may backfire. If the suspension stands, that is going to create a lot of issues in future contract negotiations all over the league

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Agreed, but the contract issue is a huge consideration here. I still think they have no sympathy & try to make an example out of him, but that may backfire. If the suspension stands, that is going to create a lot of issues in future contract negotiations all over the league

Superfluous. Did he come off the bench? Yes. Did he fight? Yes. Will he be suspended? Almost certainly, contractual consequences be damned. Should have thought of that before, Leo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

I don't see that being so bad that it warrants a 7 million penalty. He stuck up for a teammate. Push, mis punches, they knocked helmet off, bear hugged, jawwed in the tunnel. There is no way they hammer him for 7 million for that foolishness.  

Just now, timexsocialclub said:

Superfluous. Did he come off the bench? Yes. Did he fight? Yes. Will he be suspended? Almost certainly, contractual consequences be damned. Should have thought of that before, Leo.

For him personally, yes he deserves it. The only shot he has of avoiding suspension is if the union makes a big enough stink 

• Like 1

What time is this ruling supposed to happen? I went through like 10 weeks of pressing F5 last year for judge rulings in the Zeke case. So for old time’s sake:

This is taking a long time for a ruling to come in in the Fournette case!!! Good news for Fournette?!?!

2 hours ago, ff062018 said:

What time is this ruling supposed to happen? I went through like 10 weeks of pressing F5 last year for judge rulings in the Zeke case. So for old time’s sake:

This is taking a long time for a ruling to come in in the Fournette case!!! Good news for Fournette?!?!

I just read "He should learn his fate before Wednesday's practice"

37 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Well that stinks for those debating using a wavier on Yeldon or Hyde

1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

Maybe a good sign that it’s taking some time and not just an immediate rejection of the appeal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

The NFL announced the suspension fairly quickly. Delaying the appeal decision until tomorrow leads me to believe they’re really considering the contract issue & how it would impact the league in the future. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m sure they probably are thinking long and hard on this one, considering the contract language probably wasn’t intended to be in there due to anything other than off field misconduct or failing a drug test. That’s broad contract language for you though.

• Like 1

Oh man this contract **** is just the good news I needed. This man punched another dude with a helmet on, did 0 damage to him. Now they want to fine him 7 mil? He was already ejected. 

On on an unrelated note this guy already missed 10 games ***mit I need to win this week to make playoffs give me my first round pick 

Sleeper app reporting that his appeal was not succussful.

I lost M Gordon, Fournette, Mack , and Doyle this week and already have Kerryon out. My opponent this upcoming week has Ekeler, Hyde, and Yeldon. It’s absolutely unreal. I’m done with fantasy football. Absolute joke. No matter how well you set up your team, it inevitably disintegrates at the end of the season. 

Edited by ff062018
  • Like 1