fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Bright side is he can’t pull his hammy this week and he’ll be even fresher for the start of fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Losing Fournette & Gordon the same week in a must win game you have to assume will end my season. 

Same here.  Amazing.

26 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Bright side is he can’t pull his hammy this week and he’ll be even fresher for the start of fantasy playoffs.

Yeah, if his stupidity and year-long injury problems haven't knocked you out of the fantasy playoffs.

27 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Losing Fournette & Gordon the same week in a must win game you have to assume will end my season. 

Really tough spot for you Gary.   Hope you had them cuffed.   For whatever reason I’ve been fading away from cuffing my top options lately and that is a mistake.     Reminder noted. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Same here.  Amazing.

My replacements are Mack & Lewis(flex)  10t 

32 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He will also not be able to fight the other team!! :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Really tough spot for you Gary.   Hope you had them cuffed.   For whatever reason I’ve been fading away from cuffing my top options lately and that is a mistake.     Reminder noted. 

Hyde & Yeldon was already owned.

Missed out on Ekeler, I added Hines 

3 hours ago, ff062018 said:

Sleeper app reporting that his appeal was not succussful.

I lost M Gordon, Fournette, Mack , and Doyle this week and already have Kerryon out. My opponent this upcoming week has Ekeler, Hyde, and Yeldon. It’s absolutely unreal. I’m done with fantasy football. Absolute joke. No matter how well you set up your team, it inevitably disintegrates at the end of the season. 

Wow, that's awful luck. Doesn't get much worse than that. Sorry man.

So much for holding out hope! I honestly wanna rage drop this idiot after all this. LF is on my DND list forever. I don’t care how good he looks in the preseason, what team he’s on...never again

The sad thing is we'll be bitter for next year and avoid him in drafts and he'll end up as a top 5 RB after healing up and  "learning from his mistakes".

He looked great coming into this year. Lost that 10-15 pounds, looked phenomenal in the preseason, and was the centerpiece of the offense on a team with a defense that was supposed to be very good that would keep positive game script. 

He has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever owned personally. Not only has he sit half the year but he tanked an RB slot those two different weeks that he was supposedly healthy and got injured in the first half of the game. Constantly having to pay attention to the injury and practice reports. Missing practices, limited practices, constantly having to decipher coach speak. He finally practices in full and then still doesn't play. He practices in full and is cleared to play and he's even posting on twitter about how he's ready to light it up. Then you start him and he burns a hole in one of your starting RB slots by getting hurt way before halftime. And now that he's healthy and looking good, he gets suspended right when it might be life-or-death for some of us. 

To those that are still in it despite drafting him, I hope he balls out the rest of the way. As ironic as it may seem, he could really be the piece that propels teams to a championship to end this year. To those who were counting on him for this week, you can still pull it off. It's fantasy, anything can happen. Make it past this week and you could win it all. But I'd be very cautious when considering drafting him next year and I'd be damn sure to draft his handcuff if the situation is clear enough behind him on the depth chart. The talent is most definitely there, but owning him this year has been such a headache. 

i would have no problems drafting him next year, his draft stock will fall, giving his value to round 2 or lower,  well worth the risk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Panthor said:

i would have no problems drafting him next year, his draft stock will fall, giving his value to round 2 or lower,  well worth the risk

He won't be a top 24 pick let alone 36. Early 4th for him. 

9 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

then even better

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Late 2nd, early 3rd...$45-55 in auctions.  Guys that didn't own him this year will jump all over him at that price

7 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

No way. He will be drafted by the end of the 2nd at latest even if he doesn't play any more games this season. Look at the RBs drafted in the 2nd and 3rd this year. None of them have the potential to have a 3 game stretch like Fournette just did, scoring 70 fantasy points on a bad offense during that span. I'd rather go down with Fournette than being angry about Collins, Drake or Howard putting up duds all season. If there is a clear handcuff next season just like Yeldon was this season, Fournette is well worth the risk in the 2nd. For all the flak he gets for his injury woes and now the suspension, people often forget that he's a beast and an elite talent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

that would be amazing 

48 minutes ago, Panthor said:

I could see him being a ~middle 2nd round pick in 12 team leagues

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

The taco league

Edited by shakestreet
  • Haha 1

He won’t be as high as he was this year but he will still be high. This isn’t Devonta Freeman.

He will lead my Fightin Fournettes into the playoffs rest up you injury riddled headache

id still be in as a late 2nd early 3rd next year in 12 teamers even with him burning me this year (still made playoffs so the upside even if injured is doable and worth it)

10 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

He won’t be as high as he was this year but he will still be high. This isn’t Devonta Freeman.

Sadly, Freeman went last pick of first rd in my league somehow. I got Fournette in 2nd rd. I mean he even went before MGIII who also went in 2nd before I got Fournette, just bizarre.

While Fournette is busy apologizing, he forgot his fantasy owners. I don’t care about the kids, what about us?! 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

No but there are a lot of RB that could be in the 2nd round conversation next season.   With a lot depending on the offseason.

Jones, Michele, Kerryon, Lindsay, Chubb Connor, Mixon, Guice.   Not saying that they'll all go before Fournette but I think that means that someone doesn't have to take a chance on Fournette (and his injury history) very early.