fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Well the last page of this thread was absolutely riveting reading.....

Changing the subject, who has a prediction for Fournette this week vs Washington?

This season they rank ~15th in fantasy points allowed to RBs.

Round 14, they got creamed to the tune of 200 scrimmage yards and a TD to Saquon.

Round 13, they gave up around 5ypc and a TD to the Eagles RBs.

Round 12, they gave up around 140 scrimmage yards and a TD to Zeke, at around 5ypc.

Round 11, they gave up 130 yards on the ground to Miller/Blue at 4.6ypc.

Round 10, they kept Peyton Barber to 61 yards on 13 carries, but Fitzpatrick threw for 400 yards.

Based on the above, the Redskins don’t seem to be an imposing matchup and surely the Jags don’t want Kessler throwing too much. 

My prediction is for ~100 yards and a TD from Fournette - 16 points in standard.

• Thanks 1

This, too, was riveting reading 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Well the last page of this thread was absolutely riveting reading.....

Changing the subject, who has a prediction for Fournette this week vs Washington?

This season they rank ~15th in fantasy points allowed to RBs.

Round 14, they got creamed to the tune of 200 scrimmage yards and a TD to Saquon.

Round 13, they gave up around 5ypc and a TD to the Eagles RBs.

Round 12, they gave up around 140 scrimmage yards and a TD to Zeke, at around 5ypc.

Round 11, they gave up 130 yards on the ground to Miller/Blue at 4.6ypc.

Round 10, they kept Peyton Barber to 61 yards on 13 carries, but Fitzpatrick threw for 400 yards.

Based on the above, the Redskins don’t seem to be an imposing matchup and surely the Jags don’t want Kessler throwing too much. 

My prediction is for ~100 yards and a TD from Fournette - 16 points in standard.

That is not the first or the second/third time in this thread the same guys agree to disagree about Fournette’s injuries. It’s always the same mumble jumble. 

Fournette is in the starting lineup. Let’s roll Leonard. I have faith. Let’s all 🙏 together 

Edited by shakestreet

6 hours ago, frog34 said:

Agree with both of you. His injuries are minor in the grand scheme of things. Ankle sprain and hammy don't cause long lasting effects. Any sort of ligament damage, broken bones or concussion/back/neck issues would be much more concerning. At some point during his career, this big powerful fella is bound to lead the NFL in touches/rushing. Just have to guess the right season, so keep drafting him until it happens! :ph34r:

You're dead wrong.   Ankle sprains can be a chronic issue.   Each sprain stretches the ligaments, making them more unstable over time.

15 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You're dead wrong.   Ankle sprains can be a chronic issue.   Each sprain stretches the ligaments, making them more unstable over time.

Like skin on a former fat chick that lost a ton of weight?:lol:

6 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

You throw out names like Gordon and Gurley for having more serious injuries, well the difference is those guys have the time played to show that they can actually stay on the field. Fournette has not shown this.

Are we talking about Melvin Gordon?  The guy who has played 1 full season out of 4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Are we talking about Melvin Gordon?  The guy who has played 1 full season out of 4.

And how many games has he missed over those 4 years?

Fournette has either missed or exited early on almost half of his career regular season games 

7 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Fournette has either missed or exited early on almost half of his career regular season games 

Yeah with that logic Derrius Guice is the most injury prone RB in the NFL.

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

And he's had 2 ankle sprains in his life that we know of.... 2

7 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Hes had 30 regular season games as a pro. He’s suited up for 19 of them, left at least two early with injury (not sure if more). That’s a mere 17/30 games he was out there all game no injury concerns. Those numbers are not promising. .

Isn't the # of injuries more relevant than the # of games missed?  Are you knocking Guice or McKinnon for missing the entire season?

Fournette has had 2 injuries in 2 seasons.

4 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

And he's had 2 ankle sprains in his life that we know of.... 2

He had an ankle injury in college and aggravated it 3 separate times in one season.   Then the injury in Jax.

You said,  "Ankle sprain and hammy don't cause long lasting effects".

It's just not true.   Anyone with ankle problems can attest that the ligaments don't return to their pre-injury condition. 

playing against him this week and i'm worried he's going to rebound well vs. washington. just feed him the rock consistently. 

32 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He is a must start. The game flow will be way too good to sit him. He sees 25 touches minimum here.

Jags play much better at home too it seems, how did they shut down Luck n company and then make Henry look like a HOF RB lol. But yeah the game flow will be much better in this game compared to that Ten game. He had 2 and 1/2 games of real solid production before last weeks dud. I’m firing him up this week and I’m expecting over 100 yards and a TD here. My expectations are high.

53 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You said,  "Ankle sprain and hammy don't cause long lasting effects".

No, I didn't.

4 hours ago, triceptive said:

:angry::angry: This SOB single highhandedly ruined my season. 

I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs in a league that I drafted Le'veon Bell, AJ Green, and Kerryon Johnson.

1 player cannot single handedly ruin your season.

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs in a league that I drafted Le'veon Bell, AJ Green, and Kerryon Johnson.

1 player cannot single handedly ruin your season.

Oh yeah??

Well two can; I drafted Fournette and Leveon in an auction league.

1 minute ago, dsmoke1986 said:

Well two can; I drafted Fournette and Leveon in an auction league.

I think it depends how savvy one is on the waivers. If you drafted Fournette and lost him for that huge chunk of time, pickups like Conner and Chubb were huge. 

I think going into the season if you drafted Bell given the situation and didn’t draft or scoop Conner- yep, severely impacted you. If you did, you could probably survive.

Situation dependent, but I think there’s an argument that even two is not enough to sink the season.

That aside, I do think this is a bounce back week. Give him the ball and let him run wild. Looks like Washington is the middle of the pack w/ rush D- unless you have top tier options over Fournette there’s no way I’m sitting him.

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think it depends how savvy one is on the waivers. If you drafted Fournette and lost him for that huge chunk of time, pickups like Conner and Chubb were huge. 

I think going into the season if you drafted Bell given the situation and didn’t draft or scoop Conner- yep, severely impacted you. If you did, you could probably survive.

Situation dependent, but I think there’s an argument that even two is not enough to sink the season.

That aside, I do think this is a bounce back week. Give him the ball and let him run wild. Looks like Washington is the middle of the pack w/ rush D- unless you have top tier options over Fournette there’s no way I’m sitting him.

While I do agree with you here, the guy said he drafted both Bell and Fournette - in auction - which would be almost impossible to come back from. That's like $120 out of a $200 budget. 

12 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

While I do agree with you here, the guy said he drafted both Bell and Fournette - in auction - which would be almost impossible to come back from. That's like $120 out of a $200 budget. 

Reading comprehension goes a long way. My apologies to OP- yeah, in auction that’s a big hole. 

2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

No, I didn't.

Sorry man.   That was the dude I responded to first.  Then when you responded to me, I thought it was that dude.

• Thanks 1

I had a severe sprain 25 years ago and the last month or so I have started having pain and swelling again. Over the years I have rolled my ankle a hundred times or so on something as small as a penny. Ankle injuries are forever!

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I had a severe sprain 25 years ago and the last month or so I have started having pain and swelling again. Over the years I have rolled my ankle a hundred times or so on something as small as a penny. Ankle injuries are forever!

Yea so are torn ACLs (Gurley, AP, Charles), surgically repaired Abs, groins, and knees (Bell), mangled knees (Chubb), microfractured knees (Gordon), hamstring issues (Barkley, Zeke, Cook), degenerative knees (Michel and Ajayi), like you said ankle issues (Conner). You think all these guys don’t have day to day issues with their past injuries as well?

Looks like the only guys you can pick without an injury history are Kamara and CMC. Hope you get a top pick next year and that the injury bug doesn’t strike them! It’s only a matter of time before they get hurt, too.