fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Yea so are torn ACLs (Gurley, AP, Charles), surgically repaired Abs, groins, and knees (Bell), mangled knees (Chubb), microfractured knees (Gordon), hamstring issues (Barkley, Zeke, Cook), degenerative knees (Michel and Ajayi), like you said ankle issues (Conner). You think all these guys don’t have day to day issues with their past injuries as well?

 

Looks like the only guys you can pick without an injury history are Kamara and CMC. Hope you get a top pick next year and that the injury bug doesn’t strike them! It’s only a matter of time before they get hurt, too.

 

You can't just throw all injuries into the same pot.   Agree that Michel and Ajayi are risks.   But a repaired ACL is pretty much repaired.   Sprained ankles don't return to 100%.   And the more it gets sprained, the more the ligament gets stretched.   It's not something that is repaired with surgery.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

You can't just throw all injuries into the same pot.   Agree that Michel and Ajayi are risks.   But a repaired ACL is pretty much repaired.   Sprained ankles don't return to 100%.   And the more it gets sprained, the more the ligament gets stretched.   It's not something that is repaired with surgery.  

 

So according to you sprained ankles are worse for an NFL RBs long term health than a torn/reconstructed ACL? Seriously? Do you know how absurd that sounds? Am I in the twilight zone?

 

 

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

So according to you sprained ankles are worse for an NFL RBs long term health than a torn/reconstructed ACL? Seriously? Do you know how absurd that sounds? Am I in the twilight zone?

 

 

 

I think I'm saying that the risk of re-spraining a previously sprained ankle has a greater chance of recurring than tearing a previously repaired ACL.

 

Another way of saying it is that a player with a successfuly repaired ACL doesn't have a much more significant chance of tearing an ACL that anyone else.   Whereas a player with a  history of ankle problems has a much higher risk of re-inuring that ankle when compared to a player with no history of ankle injuries.  

Edited by K197040
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dsmoke1986 said:

 

Oh yeah??

 

Well two can; I drafted Fournette and Leveon in an auction league.

That wouldn't be "single handedly", would it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

I think I'm saying that the risk of re-spraining a previously sprained ankle has a greater chance of recurring than tearing a previously repaired ACL.

 

Well a sprained ankle is probably a much more naturally frequent occuring injury in the first place. A sprained ankle isn’t even that devastating of an injury anyways. Guys who get one (like Fournette last year) miss a couple weeks then come back and perform.

 

If I chop my head off there is no risk of the injury recurring. That does not mean it is a better injury to sustain and less damaging to my body long term than a stubbed toe, which is very likely to happen again.

Edited by MJJ28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Well a sprained ankle is probably a much more naturally frequent occuring injury in the first place. A sprained ankle isn’t even that devastating of an injury anyways. Guys who get one (like Fournette last year) miss a couple weeks then come back and perform.

 

If I chop my head off there is no risk of the injury recurring. That does not mean it is a better injury to sustain and less damaging to my body long term than a stubbed toe, which is very likely to happen again.

 

Ridiculous.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

Ridiculous.   

 

Nah. Ridiculous is DNDing a guy over a sprained ankle and sprained hamstring but then diving head first into guys with torn ACLs, degenerative knees, microfracture surgery, torn abs and groins, sprained hammys, sprained ankles, and all sorts of other stuff without a second thought.

 

I’ll gladly scoop up the free value next year though. It’s not like taking guys like Kamara or CMC will protect my team from injuries. Those guys are going to get injured eventually too since they play football.

Edited by MJJ28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Nah. Ridiculous is DNDing a guy over a sprained ankle and sprained hamstring but then diving head first into guys with torn ACLs, degenerative knees, microfracture surgery, torn abs and groins, sprained hammys, sprained ankles, and all sorts of other stuff without a second thought.

 

I’ll gladly scoop up the free value next year though. It’s not like taking guys like Kamara or CMC will protect my team from injuries. Those guys are going to get injured eventually too since they play football.

 

I never mentioned DND with Fournette.   My argument has been that chronic ankle problems is a real thing.   Some on here have complexity dismissed that and even said that ankle injuries have no long term effect.   Which isn’t the case.  Fournette has had numerous foot and ankle issues.   So there should be some concern there.  Between him and a player with a repaired ACL, assuming their talent level is close, I’ll take the guy with the ACL injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injuries are only one part of a DND equation with Fournette. In addition to the injuries he has now missed 2 1/2 games over two seasons due to suspensions. He just finds ways to stay off the field it seems. Moreover, he is on a bad team. We saw the floor that creates for him last week (so he only produced for 3 weeks, got suspended and then flopped in the first round if you overcame drafting him). That may change if they bring in a legitimate QB but right now we have to speculate based on existing information.

 

When people say DND I suspect they really mean DND at cost or even at a limited discount. That doesn't mean people would pass over Fournette if he somehow made it to the 8th round.

 

I suspect Fournette will come with a late 2nd or early 3rd round price next year. I'm not touching him at that cost.

Edited by Ace_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I'm in the 2nd round of the playoffs in a league that I drafted Le'veon Bell, AJ Green, and Kerryon Johnson.

 

1 player cannot single handedly ruin your season.

:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K197040 said:

My argument has been that chronic ankle problems is a real thing.   Some on here have complexity dismissed that and even said that ankle injuries have no long term effect.   Which isn’t the case.  Fournette has had numerous foot and ankle issues.   So there should be some concern there.

Why are we talking about foot and ankle injuries like they occurred in 2018?  Who says he's not completely over those injuries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about injury for 3 pages... He's healthy right now and let's enjoy Leo taking us single-handedly to the FF finals! If you survived his week 14 dud or had a bye... :ph34r:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly I think this is a great matchup. The Skins offense will be 3 and out so often. 

 

We could see close to 30 touches. 

 

Dare to dream that he actually breaks a long one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Washington is in shambles.

 

Firnette should have a good game this week at home. 

 

If not, sound the alarm

 

what are we sounding the alarm on ..our start sits for week16? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

 

I think it depends how savvy one is on the waivers. If you drafted Fournette and lost him for that huge chunk of time, pickups like Conner and Chubb were huge. 

 

I think going into the season if you drafted Bell given the situation and didn’t draft or scoop Conner- yep, severely impacted you. If you did, you could probably survive.

 

Situation dependent, but I think there’s an argument that even two is not enough to sink the season.

 

That aside, I do think this is a bounce back week. Give him the ball and let him run wild. Looks like Washington is the middle of the pack w/ rush D- unless you have top tier options over Fournette there’s no way I’m sitting him.

 

One player can't single handedly tank a season but one player can drastically reduce your margin for "error" and odds. I'll use my two leagues with Fournette as case studies.

 

In the first I picked up not only Conner but also Chubb. I also drafted Gordon. I finished a close second in scoring but lost many games early in the season with a high score. As a result, I entered the final week needing a win to make the playoffs, something Fournette provided zero help in (got it anyway, albeit by 2 after being down MG, Conner, Sanders--lost Doyle earlier). So despite picking up the clear top two waiver adds of the year I was still in danger of missing the playoffs because of narrow losses incurred when I was starting Yeldon, not Fournette.

 

In the other league the playoffs began last week. I went 9-4 (picking up Chubb midseason helped) but a slow early start cost me a bye. Fournette didn't contribute in Week 14 and OBJ didn't play at all. The result? Out by 2 points. Had Fournette been healthier I would have had a bye and OBJ being out would have been irrelevant.

 

So yeah, Fournette was not fatal in either case but he reduced the margin of error to a point I barely overcame in one and didn't in the other league.

 

These are the exceptions to the rule anyway. Most people didn't make the playoffs with Fournette. It's a big hole to get nothing for 10 weeks from your first round pick. It always hurts to lose a first round pick but Fournette has only contributed in 3 weeks (and I suspect a some people didn't even use him his first week back). That's worse than a guy beasting for 8 weeks and then going down. Fournette didn't provide any points you could bank. 

 

Edited by Ace_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are we thinking about Fournette Sunday for those who survived last week and the season with this bummmm.  I have no choice but to start him, but I think he is going to have a nice bounce back week against an anemic Redskins offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

What are we thinking about Fournette Sunday for those who survived last week and the season with this bummmm.  I have no choice but to start him, but I think he is going to have a nice bounce back week against an anemic Redskins offense?

He will be fine. This game should be more in control for the jags then last week. Should see his 25 touches. Redskins seem to have given up. He is in for me easy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He will be fine. This game should be more in control for the jags then last week. Should see his 25 touches. Redskins seem to have given up. He is in for me easy.

 

Agree with Zeke. Hopefully he can reward owners who survived him to make the playoffs and semifinals.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this dude even playing anymore?  He's been sitting on 3.9 points for about a week.

Edited by OmegaRed88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blizzard737 said:

 

I think they benched him.

 

4 minutes ago, Blizzard737 said:

 

I think they benched him.

 

That's what they are saying in the game thread--all he is doing is returning kickoffs, apparently.

Edited by Ace_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.