Sign in to follow this  
ragrag

Stefon Diggs 2018 Outlook

Minnesota at NY Jets (1:00 PM ET): This could be the most heavily impacted game on the slate as 18MPH sustained winds with gusts up to 25 MPH are expected to occur. Beyond the wind, 48-degree temperatures and cloudy skies are forecasted.

Yikes!  I was expecting a breakout game from Diggs, now I'm hesitant to even start him.

3 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Yikes!  I was expecting a breakout game from Diggs, now I'm hesitant to even start him.

Affects Thielen too. It may be his worst game.

Edited by FitzMagic

14 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Affects Thielen too. It may be his worst game.

so only 99 yards?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Wind looks bad in NY.  Anyone going with an alternative?

I am. Don't trust it... Cousins is fixed on Thielen anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I am. Don't trust it... Cousins is fixed on Thielen anyway. 

NFL Network just went to a reporter on the sidelines. Hair was hardly moving. Didn't look that bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

NFL Network just went to a reporter on the sidelines. Hair was hardly moving. Didn't look that bad.

Really?? Ok interesting. 

The Jets have 4 defensive backs out due to injury today, wind or no wind I think both Diggs and Thielen have huge games.   The Vikings just don't go to the other receivers very much or the RB..so both are likely in for 10+ targets against a secondary missing 4 guys.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

No doubt starter

I'm sorry, I'm going to be benching him.

Just read a report, winds are gusting over 30 mph and will be for the majority of the game. Thanks to Cousin's fixation on Theilen, he'll go to him on short routes as the deep passing game will be practically impossible to connect on. Again, I'm just speaking out of my a** probably but I'd rather not eat another 6 point game two weeks in a row when I have other good viable options. I think i'm making a mistake here but It's a win or go home game for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofplo said:

I'm sorry, I'm going to be benching him.

Just read a report, winds are gusting over 30 mph and will be for the majority of the game. Thanks to Cousin's fixation on Theilen, he'll go to him on short routes as the deep passing game will be practically impossible to connect on. Again, I'm just speaking out of my a** probably but I'd rather not eat another 6 point game two weeks in a row when I have other good viable options. I think i'm making a mistake here but It's a win or go home game for me

Benching him for Boyd. The fixation upon Thielen is too great a liability. 

Blah performance, but he had 14 targets.  I don't think things will get better.  I'm going to look to moving him this week.  They're not designing any downfield plays for Diggs

Diggs with 8 receptions for 33 yards and 2 rushes for 7 yards. 11 points in PPR right?

I'm seeing 16 points for him. Don't get it.

Didn't see any 2 point conversions either.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Diggs with 8 receptions for 33 yards and 2 rushes for 7 yards. 11 points in PPR right?

I'm seeing 16 points for him. Don't get it.

Didn't see any 2 point conversions either.

It'll get corrected.

5 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Even worse, -7 yards.

Man, this Thielen thing is starting to get really annoying.  14 targets is nice, though.  Diggs is starting to feel like a big old bust.

I wonder if Diggs is hurt but the Vikes are not letting on because Zimmer still wants the opponent's number one cornerback to focus on Diggs.

He is not being used as the downfield threat he is. These garbage quick passes at the line are killing his value. Defenses put the #1 corner on Diggs and let Thielen run wild in the secondary. 

Not sure why they are all of a sudden afraid to throw it deep to Diggs, especially with Cousins. 

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He is not being used as the downfield threat he is. These garbage quick passes at the line are killing his value. Defenses put the #1 corner on Diggs and let Thielen run wild in the secondary. 

Not sure why they are all of a sudden afraid to throw it deep to Diggs, especially with Cousins. 

Exactly, where’s that deep pass Cousins threw to him in Green Bay at? 

Watching Nfl RedZone yesterday, saw Cousins throw deep to Diggs twice but they couldn’t connect. Volume is there, he’s going to eat next week against the Saints

• Like 1