NYR Fan 116894

John Brown 2018 Outlook

He probably had a couple of weeks in your WR3 or flex spot where he may have pushed you over the top, so be thankful for that, but this ship has definitely sailed as long as they stick with Lamar. If you are a playoff team it may be time to sure up your handcuffs or pick up a defense with a good matchup week 14, 15, or 16 and send this guy to the waiver wire.

6 hours ago, RepoMan said:

He probably had a couple of weeks in your WR3 or flex spot where he may have pushed you over the top, so be thankful for that, but this ship has definitely sailed as long as they stick with Lamar. If you are a playoff team it may be time to sure up your handcuffs or pick up a defense with a good matchup week 14, 15, or 16 and send this guy to the waiver wire.

Exactly my thinking. 

Drafted him in the late rounds and felt fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle here in some key matchups. Brown definitely contributed to some key wins.

That said, don't see a ton of hope. Especially for consistency you can count on regardless of matchup. With the likes of DJ Moore, Tra Smith, K. Couttee and others on the wire, not sure it makes sense to hang on.

Have a ton of needs with Gronk/OJ Howard hurt, Greg Z on bye, other issues and like you said, a handcuff of Gurley would probably be a good idea.

Unless Lamar Jackson can evolve his passing game, and stays the main QB, I think Brown comes even more boom/bust than he already was. Snead was main safety valve

2 hours ago, potatoetree said:

Unless Lamar Jackson can evolve his passing game, and stays the main QB, I think Brown comes even more boom/bust than he already was. Snead was main safety valve

Yep but Snead's ceiling is too low. I say stay away from BAL WRs until further notice. 

I was really hoping Brown could have been the guy to put me over the playoff edge but that is not looking so great :( 

Edited by jpark211

Me tomorrow morning when I'm deciding what players to drop on my team and I come across John Brown's name:

tenor.gif?itemid=10716344

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Me tomorrow morning when I'm deciding what players to drop on my team and I come across John Brown's name:

tenor.gif?itemid=10716344

giphy.gif

I just picked John Brown up off waivers and plan to start him vs the Raiders. I get that he wasn't targetted much at all in Lamar's very first start, but this is the Raiders, and I can see the team making it somewhat of a point in practice with Lamar to get John the ball.

Besides, my other options were Dede vs the Bills #1 pass D with the Jaguars clearly intent on running the ball, or Elijah McGuire on a Jets offense likely to get nowhere ve the Patriots. Would it really shock anyone if John Brown suddenly has a huge game like he was having throughout the first half of the season? 

dropped him to set up my DST rotation for playoffs. This guy seems to have no value with Jackson at QB. I saw he had 7 targets and 1 catch last game so maybe someone who watched can shed some light but looking like 15 minutes this year have come and gone.

28 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

dropped him to set up my DST rotation for playoffs. This guy seems to have no value with Jackson at QB. I saw he had 7 targets and 1 catch last game so maybe someone who watched can shed some light but looking like 15 minutes this year have come and gone.

Exact same thing I'm doing. Sad because I think he would continue to be a WR2/3 with Flacco and the upcoming schedule is so nice.

John Brown is so hard to trust with Lamar at QB that I plan to bench him this week. That said, he does have another great matchup where I keep wondering if I just maybe should start him. He did have a TD last week. 

16 hours ago, Jags02 said:

John Brown is so hard to trust with Lamar at QB that I plan to bench him this week. That said, he does have another great matchup where I keep wondering if I just maybe should start him. He did have a TD last week. 

i would have to be unbelievably desperate to be starting john brown

he did have a TD last week and with lamar at QB he's basically a touchdown dependent low end TE1. he needs that TD just to break 10 pts in PPR

speaking of TE's, Cam Brate is a worlds better start than John brown is this week

there has to be 30-40 wr's i'd rather start

Not only do you have low volume and low aDOT but you also have a high probability of a clock control, grind it out win by the ravens where 70%+ of their plays are runs and they run a low number of plays in the game

somewhat possible this game is a shootout with that (suddenly viable) bucs D, but with the ravens being at home and how they use lamar jackson it just seems most likely this is a real run-heavy gamescript decemeber in baltimore type game

Edited by Cotton Jones