Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Packdog

Jerick McKinnon 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Who cares when you draft? Guys get hurt all year. This could have happened week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FUM said:

 

Sometimes it’s hard to get 12 people together on the same night.  We had to do it last week because it was our only shot.

 

Same here. We would have had it this weekend, but the majority of the league are doing something for Labor Day Weekend. Nothing we can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Who cares when you draft? Guys get hurt all year. This could have happened week 1.

Exactly, it was a non-contact practice injury. This game is who gets the luckiest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF the

#Lions

were to trade Ameer Abdullah, this could be a destination. Kyle Shanahan demands versatility at RB, and these teams are regular trade partners. Martin Mayhew also drafted Ameer.

 

—- don’t know if the guy is credible or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a bit of a blessing in disguise for all the McKinnon owners, now you don't have to trot him out and have him suck for you, now can plan accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright. I'm officially choosing my side on McKinnon. He is a bust and will never beat a successful feature back. Glad this news came out before my draft on Labor Day.

 

I wanted to see him play to finally settle the debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oban14 said:

Who cares when you draft? Guys get hurt all year. This could have happened week 1.

 

The thing is if you draft at the beginning of training camp half of the guys you drafted might be injured by the time week 1 rolls around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha drafted him Thursday. Cool news. Now I gotta figure out if it's Breida or Morris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He was dnd from the start!

 

That's a little extreme.  If anything, he was a clear DND after his calf injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Haha drafted him Thursday. Cool news. Now I gotta figure out if it's Breida or Morris.

Sounds like a slop of hot trash. Shocked if they don’t make a move by Tuesday. Abdullah, Clement, Smallwood, Jonathan Williams all names that make sense at least. Alfred Morris is horrible and Matt Breida is so limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

IF the

#Lions

were to trade Ameer Abdullah, this could be a destination. Kyle Shanahan demands versatility at RB, and these teams are regular trade partners. Martin Mayhew also drafted Ameer.

 

—- don’t know if the guy is credible or not

 

well they signed almo, who is blount level of versatility so we know this tweet is not credible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

Sounds like a slop of hot trash. Shocked if they don’t make a move by Tuesday. Abdullah, Clement, Smallwood, Jonathan Williams all names that make sense at least. Alfred Morris is horrible and Matt Breida is so limited.

This is what I figured. I'm not that down on Morris/Breida, but I though 5 min about picking up either and decided against it.

 

If you desperately need an RB and had a terrible draft, I think you can do worse than grabbing Morris though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Speaking my language. 

It’s pretty funny everyone is now DND (not saying you).  I remember it being pretty lonely on the board when I was saying “McKinnon isn’t worth a 2nd round pick” or a 3rd.

 

Now the hype train is all aboard Morris, and I’m again fight the tide...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

It’s pretty funny everyone is now DND (not saying you).  I remember it being pretty lonely on the board when I was saying “McKinnon isn’t worth a 2nd round pick” or a 3rd.

 

Now the hype train is all aboard Morris, and I’m again fight the tide...

You can find plenty of my posts in this thread talking about how he could not even beat out Matt Asiata in Minnesota.

 

He is a scat back and nothing more (think I've said this 5+ times on this board, too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

It’s pretty funny everyone is now DND (not saying you).  I remember it being pretty lonely on the board when I was saying “McKinnon isn’t worth a 2nd round pick” or a 3rd.

 

Now the hype train is all aboard Morris, and I’m again fight the tide...

I was on that train too but the RB in SF will have value. Just which one...I'd rather not roster 2 rbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You can find plenty of my posts in this thread talking about how he could not even beat out Matt Asiata in Minnesota.

 

He is a scat back and nothing more (think I've said this 5+ times on this board, too).

 

That's bad logic though.  With SF, until the calf injury, McKinnon was locked into heavy usage.  That's why he was being drafted in the 3rd round.  His ADP relied more on his opportunity than his skill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how people always come to stroke their ego when a player has a fluke practice injury.  I'm not even a McKinnon owner but it sure is annoying... You basically just got a get out of jail free card if you were calling him a bust.  Don't act like you forsaw a injury happening during practice guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, panthers93 said:

except that he's more washed than morris

 

He did have 4.3 YPC last year.  Granted that's well below his career average, but it's not like it's horrible.  Melvin Gordon still hasn't sniffed 4.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I was on that train too but the RB in SF will have value. Just which one...I'd rather not roster 2 rbs

 

 

SF was a crappy team that produced a top 12 rb in ppr/std last year, so yes there is value in owning the right guy going forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

I love how people always come to stroke their ego when a player has a fluke practice injury.  I'm not even a McKinnon owner but it sure is annoying... You basically just got a get out of jail free card if you were calling him a bust.  Don't act like you forsaw a injury happening during practice guys.

 

If you believed the calf injury was more serious than the 49ers let on, then this isn't an unsurprising outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.