Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, esoomer said:

I traded for Julio from the guy I'm playing in the playoffs this week, after last week my faith in him is shaken, is he a decoy this week?

Part of me wants to bench him for Sutton.

Julio has yet to post his yearly nuclear game. Feel like it's coming this week. I personally wouldn't bench, but can't fault you if you do. 

I don't know if the massive 220+ yardage game is going to happen this season, but Julio has more than made up for it with way more consistency than he's had in years past. I'm guessing he has another 9 for 125 type game on Sunday.

2 hours ago, RepoMan said:

I don't know if the massive 220+ yardage game is going to happen this season, but Julio has more than made up for it with way more consistency than he's had in years past. I'm guessing he has another 9 for 125 type game on Sunday.

Ridley has probably capped Julio's yardage ceiling since Ryan cant throw bombs JJ anymore either. 

8 minutes ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

The blowout game from Julio NEVER comes on the road so i wouldn't hold out hope this week.  History says If it's going to happen at all it'll be next week home vs Arizona but you'll also have to take that with a grain of salt since Patrick Peterson....

Goes back a few year s but @GB....

11 Rec 259 yards 1 TD

it has happened on the road 

54 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Multi TD game from Julio in the FF playoffs. Cheers.

lol @ those who thought the TDs wouldn’t come

There was valid legitimate concern about the tds.  Great courage of you to come in after the fact. Didn’t see you anywhere near this thread during his td drought 

8 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

There was valid legitimate concern about the tds.  Great courage of you to come in after the fact. Didn’t see you anywhere near this thread during his td drought 

wut? his yearly average was about 6. what are you talkin about

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

wut? his yearly average was about 6. what are you talkin about

Yeah like usual people were overreacting but I think there was legitimate concern after he only had 3 last year then 7 weeks into the season had none despite playing really well. The usage particularly in the RZ wasn't encouraging either since Hooper and Ridley were getting a comparable number of looks as him and Ridley putting up Julio Jones' total TDs from last year in one game and 6 in a 3 week span certainly didn't help people's psyche. With the OC change corresponding with Jones' decline in TD prowess I don't think it was too far-fetched to blame Sarkisian's play calling simply preferring to go elsewhere then force it to Julio when he was often double-covered in the RZ. 

Still for averaging over 100 yards per game and how big, strong and talented he is 5 TDs is quite low for a guy who is the top offensive weapon on his team although in recent weeks things seem to be balancing back to the norm of what was clearly an anomaly that people were over-analyzing.  

As I've seen said before in this thread, I really wish we could see Julio with a QB that can throw a really good deep ball.  It makes me sad seeing all these missed deep throws throughout the year.  This guy could obliterate the receiving yards season record if even half of them were completed.  An absolute monster.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:34 PM, NyMetsfan5 said:

I was here and that TD thing was overblown. His average was about 6/year.

I hope Julio can eventually have another QB/OC/Team.

JJ reminds me of Dominique considering the irrelevance of the ATL sports "market".

Dominique was one of the best players on his generation but played for irrelevant teams in ATL his entire career.

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I hope Julio can eventually have another QB/OC/Team.

JJ reminds me of Dominique considering the irrelevance of the ATL sports "market".

Dominique was one of the best players on his generation but played for irrelevant teams in ATL his entire career.

Nique was a terrible shooter

Archived