Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook


smeeze

Recommended Posts

On 12/10/2018 at 4:15 AM, Bryce84 said:

As I've seen said before in this thread, I really wish we could see Julio with a QB that can throw a really good deep ball.  It makes me sad seeing all these missed deep throws throughout the year.  This guy could obliterate the receiving yards season record if even half of them were completed.  An absolute monster.

 

What? They have these metrics all over the internet and you'll consistently see Matt Ryan's name on there for best deep ball.

 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/deep-ball-project

 

This article even points out Julio for being the reason his stats weren't better. Same thing with the Julio having a history of roasting Green Bay. All this information is out there if y'all would just look. It's way easier than guessing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Popped up as questionable on yahoo app. Guessing it's just like last week. He should be ready to go.

 

Veteran maintenance day i'm sure.  When Atlanta was pushed out of Playoffs I was a bit worried but now it seems like whole team is there to pad his stats!  League leader in yards and TD's coming.  Locked and loaded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

What? They have these metrics all over the internet and you'll consistently see Matt Ryan's name on there for best deep ball.

 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/deep-ball-project

 

This article even points out Julio for being the reason his stats weren't better. Same thing with the Julio having a history of roasting Green Bay. All this information is out there if y'all would just look. It's way easier than guessing.

 

 

Brissett #1 ranked qb according to their calculations...not saying, but just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, psygolf said:

Brissett #1 ranked qb according to their calculations...not saying, but just saying.

 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/indianapolis-colts-jacoby-brissett-top-deep-passers/

 

This evidence is all pulled from the same data and cut in different ways but yes...there is evidence that Jacoby Brisset is a good deep ball thrower in the short time he was playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/indianapolis-colts-jacoby-brissett-top-deep-passers/

 

This evidence is all pulled from the same data and cut in different ways but yes...there is evidence that Jacoby Brisset is a good deep ball thrower in the short time he was playing. 

Good thing he never had Julio to throw to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/indianapolis-colts-jacoby-brissett-top-deep-passers/

 

This evidence is all pulled from the same data and cut in different ways but yes...there is evidence that Jacoby Brisset is a good deep ball thrower in the short time he was playing. 

 

You can throw all the numbers out there that you want, but from what I've seen there have been numerous missed opportunities this year on deep passes because Ryan flat out missed him.  I'm no where near an "expert", but in having watched more Falcons games this year due to owning this cat, that's what I've been seeing and whether right or wrong, its my opinion.

 

Looks like the links you provided have to do with previous years, and I'm not here to discuss that.  This is the 2018 outlook thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bryce84 said:

 

You can throw all the numbers out there that you want, but from what I've seen there have been numerous missed opportunities this year on deep passes because Ryan flat out missed him.  I'm no where near an "expert", but in having watched more Falcons games this year due to owning this cat, that's what I've been seeing and whether right or wrong, its my opinion.

 

Looks like the links you provided have to do with previous years, and I'm not here to discuss that.  This is the 2018 outlook thread.

 

I cited no experts. It's data. Backtrack backtrack. Move target. Move target.

 

Morale of the story for others, use data and don't base your decisions on people's guesses. Doesn't matter how good they think their eyes are. There's a few good sources for advanced stats, but unfortunately a lot of it is behind pay walls. May have to dig around to find some of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

I cited no experts. It's data. Backtrack backtrack. Move target. Move target.

 

Morale of the story for others, use data and don't base your decisions on people's guesses. Doesn't matter how good they think their eyes are. There's a few good sources for advanced stats, but unfortunately a lot of it is behind pay walls. May have to dig around to find some of it. 

 

I wasn't calling your links "experts".  My comment about not being an expert was in relation to my opinion and how due to lack of such a pedigree should not be taken, nor is intended to come across as an absolute truth, which I thought was obvious when I said "right or wrong, its my opinion."  Wooosh.  You'd sure like to think I'm backtracking, but nothing you provided changes my mind about what I've seen this year from the majority of Matt Ryan to Julio Jones deep passes THIS year (or even pertains to it, honestly).  I'm sure you also know that stats can be misleading and used in context to try and prove whatever you want.  Don't get all bent out of shape about a random person on rotoworld's fleeting opinion of your QB's deep ball passing during one season.

 

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled Julio Jones outlook 2018 please...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bryce84 said:

 

I wasn't calling your links "experts".  My comment about not being an expert was in relation to my opinion and how due to lack of such a pedigree should not be taken, nor is intended to come across as an absolute truth, which I thought was obvious when I said "right or wrong, its my opinion."  Wooosh.  You'd sure like to think I'm backtracking, but nothing you provided changes my mind about what I've seen this year from the majority of Matt Ryan to Julio Jones deep passes THIS year (or even pertains to it, honestly).  I'm sure you also know that stats can be misleading and used in context to try and prove whatever you want.  Don't get all bent out of shape about a random person on rotoworld's fleeting opinion of your QB's deep ball passing during one season.

 

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled Julio Jones outlook 2018 please...

 

First you didn't care about stats. Just your eyes. Then you only cared about stats in 2018. Now stats can be misleading. Backtrack backtrack move target move target. Back to regularly scheduled programming indeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

 

First you didn't care about stats. Just your eyes. Then you only cared about stats in 2018. Now stats can be misleading. Backtrack backtrack move target move target. Back to regularly scheduled programming indeed. 

Over the past 10 years perusing various ff boards, I've found that most of the gents that wave spreadsheets & slide rulers (to feel superior) are the ones that always fight a losing record and end up promoting a new draft strategy the following year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Over the past 10 years perusing various ff boards, I've found that most of the gents that wave spreadsheets & slide rulers (to feel superior) are the ones that always fight a losing record and end up promoting a new draft strategy the following year.

 

Mel Kiper in training. Message board OG. Got it. What else? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Julio Jones (hip) is not practicing Wednesday.

It's a new injury for Jones, who battled foot, calf, and rib issues last week. Coach Dan Quinn said the Falcons won't know until Friday if Jones will be able to play against the Panthers. It's that time of the football season.
 
 
 
 
I just grabbed Ridley and suggest all other Jones owners to do the same. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...