Rotoworld.com Forums

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

There's simply no reason for Julio to play tomorrow. Nothing can be gained. Loss is possible - i.e. if they actually win the game. 

Get the people playing Julio out of here.

Tons of dudes still playing who “have nothing to play for”

7 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

That's nice. Many of said "dudes" have been practicing all week because they're not injured?

Yea, its week 16 in the NFL. Almost everyone is playing through something. Julio has been on the injury report almost every week this season it feels like. 

On 12/21/2018 at 1:16 PM, ThunderDan said:

Gurley, Todd

He is a falcons beat writer, so I doubt he is dropping hints about other team's players. He's also the guy who gets first question at every single Falcons presser. Would not surprise me if he was right.

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

There's simply no reason for Julio to play tomorrow. 

Do you genuinely think this or are you greatly over exaggerating intentionally?

1. He is a professional, he plays football for a living, it is his job. And he has pride, he is the best at the world at what he does (imo), you think guys like that just want to sit out when they can?

2. He, his teammates, ownership, and the coaching staff want to win every single game, playoff contention or not.

3. He is having a monster season and I'm sure wants to keep improving his stats.

4. He is a team player and a warrior. No one wants to be that guy who sits out because he's dinged up and "there's nothing to play for," especially someone like Julio.

Just now, furbz420 said:

Do you genuinely think this or are you greatly over exaggerating intentionally?

1. He is a professional, he plays football for a living, it is his job. And he has pride, he is the best at the world at what he does (imo), you think guys like that just want to sit out when they can?

2. He, his teammates, ownership, and the coaching staff want to win every single game, playoff contention or not.

3. He is having a monster season and I'm sure wants to keep improving his stats.

4. He is a team player and a warrior. No one wants to be that guy who sits out because he's dinged up and "there's nothing to play for," especially someone like Julio.

ATL = 5-9. 

17 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

ATL = 5-9. 

Players and coaches don't have this kind of mentality.  Actually, they CANT if they expect to succeed at their job.  They're all fiercely intense competitors, hate losing and don't want to let their brothers down.  It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge from afar, coming to a whimsical conclusion that they have nothing to play for, but that is not the reality for these guys, or most human beings, really.  There's many reasons why you'll see nearly all pro players in any sport try to play through injuries if its possible to do so, and the opinion of a casual viewer regarding them or their team's situation has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I'm curious, if you were observing an everyday person who was having a rough week/month/year at work that wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be, would you tell them to just not show up for work the next day, or for any amount of time, because you conclude that they've got "nothing to work for"?  I know it's not a 1:1 comparison, but hopefully you get the point.

Archived