Geaux Saints

Corey Clement 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Colts D s tougher than you think.

 

Look at how they shut down Adrian Peterson last week. Clement also wasn’t 100%. 

 

Gonna hold on the bench

Edited by Conscious Pilot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, herschel said:

All the talk of clement being a RB1 if Ajayi were to miss time seems like hyperbole.  Smallwood will definitely be involved and will be much more of a timeshare than true bell cow work.

 

Yep. I said that all along. However, the touches were there. And there were some missed opportunities. He had that nice run into the RZ and seemed to be gassed, which eventually led to Smallwood's TD.

 

Wentz also was off and missed him on a few easy checkdowns. No screens, either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Just a handcuff once Ajaji and Sproles come back.

 

Bench time.

 

We shall see.  I read a report Sproles may not be the one coming back soon.

 

Ajayi to be determined.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

You guys hyped him up to oblivion... he is nothing more than a change of pace guy.  Really not anything special.  Bench or waivers.

yeah he led team in touches and did nothing with any of them outside of a couple of nice runs.  Looked like  a Jag out there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Colts D s tougher than you think.

 

Look at how they shut down Adrian Peterson last week. Clement also wasn’t 100%. 

 

Gonna hold on the bench

 

This is the attitude.  Not sure how we are not putting this all into the proper perspective.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

With Sproles and Ajayi out, we should have seen Clements ceiling. 

 

 

Yikes.

 

Well he wasnt 100% and neither was Wentz so there's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

With Sproles and Ajayi out, we should have seen Clements ceiling. 

 

 

Yikes.

 

I think it’s around his ceiling in terms of touches(19). He might produce a bit more if given that chance again but I’m not going to sit here and act like he’s some elite talent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

 

I think it’s around his ceiling in terms of touches(19). He might produce a bit more if given that chance again but I’m not going to sit here and act like he’s some elite talent 

 

Not elite talent, was just lined up to be in a good position last weekend. There were half a dozen times he was either running free in the flat or settled down in the soft spot of a zone and Wentz didn't even look at him. It seemed like Wentz was determined to take shots down the field. It was one game, if people want to jump ship and chase last weeks points they're free to do so. Clement is a strong hold for me. All things considered the kid is RB26 in PPR, I'll take that with bye weeks coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

Not elite talent, was just lined up to be in a good position last weekend. There were half a dozen times he was either running free in the flat or settled down in the soft spot of a zone and Wentz didn't even look at him. It seemed like Wentz was determined to take shots down the field. It was one game, if people want to jump ship and chase last weeks points they're free to do so. Clement is a strong hold for me. All things considered the kid is RB26 in PPR, I'll take that with bye weeks coming.

 

Of course people are free to do so? Although nobody mentioned dropping him. Just that his ceiling is nowhere near what it was hyped up to be. And who knows how many more games he’ll get with both Ajayi and Sproles out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Adams might be a better pure runner than both Clement and Smallwood. I’m not as high on Clement at the moment. He sure was a beast at times last year and in the super bowl. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, owenmills said:

 

Of course people are free to do so? Although nobody mentioned dropping him. Just that his ceiling is nowhere near what it was hyped up to be. And who knows how many more games he’ll get with both Ajayi and Sproles out.

 

His ceiling was capped by his injury.  Dude wasn't 100 percent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, owenmills said:

 

Of course people are free to do so? Although nobody mentioned dropping him. Just that his ceiling is nowhere near what it was hyped up to be. And who knows how many more games he’ll get with both Ajayi and Sproles out.

 

Considering Ajayi is Ajayi and Sproles is 35, coming off a major injury and already having hamstring issues, I'd say there will be plenty of other chances for Clement to take a bigger role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clement is a drop for me.  With both Ajayi and Sproles out, Clement was still splitting carries.  Smallwood, Adams, bring back Donnel Pumphrey, sign Ray Rice, it just doesn't matter.  Clement will get only a partial workload.  I need to aim higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Clement is a drop for me.  With both Ajayi and Sproles out, Clement was still splitting carries.  Smallwood, Adams, bring back Donnel Pumphrey, sign Ray Rice, it just doesn't matter.  Clement will get only a partial workload.  I need to aim higher.

 

Do you own Ajayi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSPANKER said:

 

Do you own Ajayi?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Clement is a drop for me.  With both Ajayi and Sproles out, Clement was still splitting carries.  Smallwood, Adams, bring back Donnel Pumphrey, sign Ray Rice, it just doesn't matter.  Clement will get only a partial workload.  I need to aim higher.

 

He got 19 touches..what is considered a full workload?   75 yards isn't even really that disappointing of a game all things considered.  Everyone is just making a big deal about it because we all expected (myself included) a much bigger game.

 

Obviously, he isn't even an option that should be considered when Ajayi and Sproles are healthy, but saying he isn't rosterable or a decent option when they are both out is overreacting.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was worried going into last week about Clement's workload...as he plays both special teams and passing downs already.

 

Low and behold, he had a subpar day...

 

The problem is that he's never been featured as a "main back" and for us to believe that he was going to get 20 touches consistently was a pipe dream...

 

Peterson rarely uses 1 back as a primary...and even Clement's 16 carries, were done very sporadically. I was actually surprised to see "16 carries" in the box score, as his carries were very spread out and not in bulks.

 

I think even with Ajayi and Sproles out, he's a semi-mediocre option..He'll likely net you around 10 points per week in PPR, but so difficult to trust in Non-PPR leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

 

He got 19 touches..what is considered a full workload?   75 yards isn't even really that disappointing of a game all things considered.  Everyone is just making a big deal about it because we all expected (myself included) a much bigger game.

 

Obviously, he isn't even an option that should be considered when Ajayi and Sproles are healthy, but saying he isn't rosterable or a decent option when they are both out is overreacting.

Well, yeah, 19 is actually a lot of touches, you are right.  I guess I am moreso disappointed that Clement did not do much with those touches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Josh Adams might be a better pure runner than both Clement and Smallwood. I’m not as high on Clement at the moment. He sure was a beast at times last year and in the super bowl. 

Hey! Nice handle btw. I know what you mean about Clement. That quad injury isn't quite right I imagine. Do you remember the play where he collided with Bradham in Tampa? I think he's lacking a bit of burst. I think he'll be better as it heals. I agree on Josh Adams too. He just hits the hole and runs hard. I miss that style with Blount. We miss that element of our run game. He punished guys. Anyway...sorry to get off topic. Just wanted to add to your thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all crazy. If he had scored a touchdown you’d be singing his praises. If Ajayi is out, Clement is an easy start for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While he has the ceiling, I want no part of this RBBC. The fact that they put Smallwood in the red zone run killed it for me. Ajayi  and sproles also coming back. 4 guys mixing in at any given week? No thank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.