BrianM

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

26 minutes ago, SITG said:

Obviously his total yardage wasn't anything to write home about, but Burkhead owners have to be happy about his workload. 19 touches on a Pats offense will translate to way more points against a weaker defense. Also, I haven't gone back but I believe Burkhead had a red zone target and was open, but Brady just made a bad pass. I'm willing to bet that he's more involved in the passing game moving forward too, and Hill being out for the year will definitely help him out as far as goal line touches. Now the only thing to be worried about is how Michel looks when he's back from injury. If he doesn't pan out to much more than a chance of pace guy, Burkhead could be looking at a 300 touch season. 

With his injury history, I doubt this would happen.  BUT, it's not impossible.  RB2 as long as he is healthy.

The touches were there. The production simply wasn't.

I'm not sure if I care if Burkhead gets 15+ rushes. I'd rather he get more passes thrown his way. I hope they don't simply try and turn him into a Blount type role and not his versatility.

That said, this thread would be much more lively if Brady didn't overthrow Burkhead early for a 10-15 yard TD

• Like 1

Sitting on my bench this week

meh performance last week + tougher matchup this week + DNP with concussion = bench

With my luck though he balls out.

When did he get a concussion? I don't recall hearing anything about it after the game so isn't a good sign that it pops up a few days later (likely symptoms continued or got worse). 

Edited by Jaw1

7 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Sitting on my bench this week

meh performance last week + tougher matchup this week + DNP with concussion = bench

With my luck though he balls out.

I was expecting a huge game from him  with like 15 reception with the Jags shutting down Gronk and Dorsett

Well that makes trading him at the moment nearly impossible. Though if he has to miss any games I guess you have to take the Jags.

I just posted Monday IF “Burkhead stays healthy” RB2. Some guys, for whatever reason, are just injury prone and frustrating to own.

NBC Sports Boston's Phil Perry reports Rex Burkhead (concussion) was in pads and participated in individual drills during Wednesday's practice.
Burkhead was listed as a DNP because of a concussion on the official injury report. The fact he was already in pads and participating suggests he is close to being cleared. His participation on Thursday should tell the story.

Sep 1
  • Like 1

If he misses this week, he'll probably get Wally Pipped. This could be his chance to show what he's capable of, but if he sits, Michel could run away with the job.

We kind of saw that last year. Burkhead had a role then got hurt for a while and Lewis ended up being the main guy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

If he misses this week, he'll probably get Wally Pipped. This could be his chance to show what he's capable of, but if he sits, Michel could run away with the job.

We kind of saw that last year. Burkhead had a role then got hurt for a while and Lewis ended up being the main guy

THIS^  I think if Michel gets a chance to show what he can do its over. If Jags have a weakness on defense (big if) its the running game

13 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Until he fumbles, then he'll be residing in the dog house.

You mean like Burkhead did last week?

• Like 1

Agreed, if Michel gets concussed and fumbles he'll be treated the same as Burkhead. But If he butter fingers the rock he'll end up like Stephan Ridley, in the dog house.

Man I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with sexy rexy. I wanna hold but I fear he may lose value if Michel plays well and that's before even factoring in his injuries that seem to be piling up already.I think if he starts again this week, I pray he puts up a decent stat line and then maybe shop him around and see what I can get. There's just too much uncertainty swirling around him right now that I rather have a safer option.

5 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

Man I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with sexy rexy. I wanna hold but I fear he may lose value if Michel plays well and that's before even factoring in his injuries that seem to be piling up already.I think if he starts again this week, I pray he puts up a decent stat line and then maybe shop him around and see what I can get. There's just too much uncertainty swirling around him right now that I rather have a safer option.

my other option is Bilal Powell so yah I really need Rex cleared

11 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

I dropped him before week 1 with zero regrets. Jeremy Hill looked 10x better than Rex out there on his 5-6 touches. He was well on his way to an awesome game before getting hurt. I say shop him before potentially Sony Michel blows up and Rex has zero value.

All that said, I wonder what they would do if Rex missed significant time AND Michel got hurt? Seems like a possibility given these guys' history. 

1 minute ago, RoboFroogs said:

I dropped him before week 1 with zero regrets. Jeremy Hill looked 10x better than Rex out there on his 5-6 touches. He was well on his way to an awesome game before getting hurt. I say shop him before potentially Sony Michel blows up and Rex has zero value.

All that said, I wonder what they would do if Rex missed significant time AND Michel got hurt? Seems like a possibility given these guys' history. 

The reason why I hesitate is because Burkhead did very well at the end of last season when Dion Lewis was the lead back so I feel they is a world where they co-exist and both do well. He probably has the best skillset of all the backs there so he can have a nice roll, especially if he gets the goal line duties. Very tough situation I guess let's just see how he does this week.

• Like 1

I have to tell you fellows, I am losing  faith in Sexy Rexy? 

Seems injury prone. He may be opening the door here for Michel. Don’t forget, the latter is a top draft choice, right?