BrianM

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

It’s one darn week lol, losing faith wtf??? The only concern I have is injury other than that this offense can easily support 3 RBs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It’s one darn week lol, losing faith wtf??? The only concern I have is injury other than that this offense can easily support 3 RBs.  

Sure it can support 3 but can they all be productive? If he can catch 4-6 balls per game and rush for another 5-7 than in ppr I’d be happy, especially if he gets some goal line looks. The concern aside from injuries is really Michel and if he eats some of those touches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

I dropped him before week 1 with zero regrets. Jeremy Hill looked 10x better than Rex out there on his 5-6 touches. He was well on his way to an awesome game before getting hurt. I say shop him before potentially Sony Michel blows up and Rex has zero value.

 

All that said, I wonder what they would do if Rex missed significant time AND Michel got hurt? Seems like a possibility given these guys' history. 

 

Guessing this is a very small league. I grabbed him at the end of R5 and I can't imagine dropping my fifth-round pick that quickly. I need to see several games worth of action before I can label someone a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

 

Guessing this is a very small league. I grabbed him at the end of R5 and I can't imagine dropping my fifth-round pick that quickly. I need to see several games worth of action before I can label someone a bust.

Nope, 12 team league. He was my 7th pick. In all fairness I've got Conner and Michel plus others so I could care less about Burkhead. But I can see if people are hurting at RB maybe it's not an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Nope, 12 team league. He was my 7th pick. In all fairness I've got Conner and Michel plus others so I could care less about Burkhead. But I can see if people are hurting at RB maybe it's not an option. 

 

You dropped your 7th round pick after 1 week, cringe.  Connor is on an expiring clock so I hope you have great depth as it’s a long season with plenty of injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

You dropped your 7th round pick after 1 week, cringe.  Connor is on an expiring clock so I hope you have great depth as it’s a long season with plenty of injuries. 

I dropped him before week 1. The writing is on the wall with this guy. I drafted him as a "zero RB" week 1 filler and I didn't need him; so far I have been proven correct. He was ineffective and already hurt. You guys are delusional if you think he's gonna return RB1 value. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

I dropped him before week 1. The writing is on the wall with this guy. I drafted him as a "zero RB" week 1 filler and I didn't need him; so far I have been proven correct. He was ineffective and already hurt. You guys are delusional if you think he's gonna return RB1 value. 

Who here drafted him to return RB1 value? You drafted him in the 7th yourself, if that’s what you thought than you were destined to be disappointed from the start. Still though one week in, I think dropping him is an overreaction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

I dropped him before week 1. The writing is on the wall with this guy. I drafted him as a "zero RB" week 1 filler and I didn't need him; so far I have been proven correct. He was ineffective and already hurt. You guys are delusional if you think he's gonna return RB1 value. 

Prove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

I dropped him before week 1. The writing is on the wall with this guy. I drafted him as a "zero RB" week 1 filler and I didn't need him; so far I have been proven correct. He was ineffective and already hurt. You guys are delusional if you think he's gonna return RB1 value. 

 

Don't do what this guy did. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

I dropped him before week 1. The writing is on the wall with this guy. I drafted him as a "zero RB" week 1 filler and I didn't need him; so far I have been proven correct. He was ineffective and already hurt. You guys are delusional if you think he's gonna return RB1 value. 

 

Proven correct?? It’s been 1 week guy lol. Your posting silly things man just stop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing is we won’t have to wait for a game time decision here if he hasn’t cleared concussion protocol tomorrow he will be inactive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ESquared said:

 

CSB

Ok I’ll spell it out:

 

Sony is more valuable in all formats than Rex when the league has playoffs

Edited by Smoketheclay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Ok I’ll spell it out:

 

Sony is more valuable in all formats than Rex when the league has playoffs

 

Didn't really need it spelled out. Just saying it's a cool story that you drafted Sony and not Rex.

Edited by ESquared
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dakimbell said:

With Sony's return, is Rex still RB3 or slipped to RB4 territory?

 

Million dollar question. It's a lame answer but the reality is we have to wait and see. If Burkhead is healthy and getting in that 12 to 15 touch range, he's at least an RB3. The key is how active he is in the pass game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ESquared said:

 

Million dollar question. It's a lame answer but the reality is we have to wait and see. If Burkhead is healthy and getting in that 12 to 15 touch range, he's at least an RB3. The key is how active he is in the pass game.

Grand total of 14 designed runs in the last meeting with the Jags in january.

Unlikely the Patriots will be interested in running the ball vs Jags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally feel even when Michel is back that Burkhead will be the Pats preferred goal line option with Hill broken. I think that’s the role he played last year when he was a rb2 on a ppg basis and can see Michel sliding into the Dion role with White remaining White. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he plays I think I’ll be starting him over Jamaal Williams. His ypc wasn’t great in week 1, but I expect him getting used in the passing game more tomorrow. Pats had a strong lead throughout the game last week, but I expect the jaguars to keep it closer or potentially be ahead at times which will prompt more Burkhead receptions. 

 

Also, it bears repeating that Brady just overthrew him on a TD pass in week 1. If that play connected he would’ve had 80+ yards and a TD, and everyone would be hyping him as a low end RB1. As long as Michel doesn’t explode with his carries (and I don’t expect the pats to suddenly shift duties to a rookie rb with knee and ball security issues), then Burkhead has great value as a member of one of the best offenses in the NFL who is looking at 15-20 touches per game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SITG said:

If he plays I think I’ll be starting him over Jamaal Williams. His ypc wasn’t great in week 1, but I expect him getting used in the passing game more tomorrow. Pats had a strong lead throughout the game last week, but I expect the jaguars to keep it closer or potentially be ahead at times which will prompt more Burkhead receptions. 

 

Also, it bears repeating that Brady just overthrew him on a TD pass in week 1. If that play connected he would’ve had 80+ yards and a TD, and everyone would be hyping him as a low end RB1. As long as Michel doesn’t explode with his carries (and I don’t expect the pats to suddenly shift duties to a rookie rb with knee and ball security issues), then Burkhead has great value as a member of one of the best offenses in the NFL who is looking at 15-20 touches per game. 

 

That may be tough to manage with GB playing before NE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pats are gonna be scheming hard against that deadly Jacksonville D so if Rex plays I'm firing him up in my flex. Also it should be raining so they are gonna run the ball plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.