BrianM

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, rex_bulkhead said:

That may be tough to manage with GB playing before NE

Yeah I’m hoping that since it’s concussion related that his status will be reported earlier in the day. Not like a hammy injury where he has to stretch it out on the field before they make the call. 

This sucks I’ll be on a flight before the game, hopefully I have enough WiFi to adjust my lineup if he’s out

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

This sucks I’ll be on a flight before the game, hopefully I have enough WiFi to adjust my lineup if he’s out

He’ll play. I’m fairly certain one of the requirements of the concussion protocol is a player can’t fly unless they’re confident the player has healed sufficiently from the concussion. 

Just now, Pimpin'Texas said:

Anyone have any update on if Burka is playing today or not ?

It's either this guy or Jalen Richard for me...

i needz to know ...

per rotoworld...hes playing and also according to rotoworld, he is expected to get more snaps than michel...

sooo...take that for what its worth

• Thanks 1

The most difficult decision to make is an early cut of a player with a reasonable amount of draft capital spent.....in this case, make the tough decision and cut him in favor of someone who's arrow is pointing upwards. That is coming from someone who spent a 5th on Rex. Love the dude but the writing is on the wall as far as I'm concerned 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

Should have flexed Lindsay over him like my damn gut said.

I feel same way. Though I didn't play him. Basically Pats will sign bring in another RB. And Michel will be the guy. And you won't hear much and there is a legitamite chance Burkhead goes to IR. 

Burkhead looks like a straight up mid round bust. I really drank the Silva koolaid on this guy. The Silva-aid. Now I have Silva-aids.

Hopefully you are in a league where you can stash this guy and see how this plays out. Fortunately I have 7 bench spots.

Say Sony continues to have knee problems. Rex gets healthy. Suddenly Rex is hot s---.

Especially considering the draft capital, and how early it is, I would hate to have to cut him.

But yeah, we all know this team's backfield sucks every year. This guy looked like pretty much a slam dunk... Oh well. It's still early.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The season is a marathon not a sprint.  Rex was a bench today coming off the concussion, he just wasn't going to be used much, especially in the pass game.  He'll be an asset later in the season.

• Like 1

You can curse him as a bum all you want. What else were you expecting today? I benched him today. If you ran him out there knowing that he had a tough match up, a concussion, and a muddled backfield, that's simply on you.

What do we know after today? It's the Pats. It's Belichick. It's a muddled backfield. I drafted him because of his upside, fully knowing that he was a risk. Who didn't know that? I'm not dropping him after today. I'm not starting him next week either. That doesn't mean he doesn't have value in the future. Think clearly, logically, and realistically. 

• Like 3

This guy is toast...

Still amazingly going to win this week (2-0) with him in the lineup..with Freeman hurt and Ingram suspended for me.

Hope i dont' ever need to rely on this guy again....ugh

39 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I feel same way. Though I didn't play him. Basically Pats will sign bring in another RB. And Michel will be the guy. And you won't hear much and there is a legitamite chance Burkhead goes to IR. 

He has a knee tear, and evidently was in concuson protocol. Enough said.

He'll be on my bench from this point forward until he shows something but those talking about dropping a RB that just received 16 carries for the Patriots 1 week ago are crazy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

He'll be on my bench from this point forward until he shows something but those talking about dropping a RB that just received 16 carries for the Patriots 1 week ago are crazy.

I do think he is also end of the bench material now. If he doesn't take back the James White role in the offense (passing back + some goal-line), then what's the point? Michel was drafted to be a combination of the bigger-down runner plus having some semblance of pass-catching ability. 

Burkhead needs 12 touches a game and goal-line work, or he's useless. Looking bad, and may drop for a high-end prospect if it turns out to be there. I was thinking of dropping this guy for Clement today as well. Whoops. 

Should have known this is what it would entail owning him. A Patriots rb is a Patriots rb. He’s a guy I will never feel confident in but always worry he will go off that game.