Rotoworld.com Forums

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

BrianM

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, David Aames said:

time to end this thread...this guy is droppable

Fickle fantasy football fanatics forget fumbling foolishness.

I have a feeling Burkhead is going to be a fantasy darling again somewhere around week 6-8

I really doubt this is it for him but understand if you don't have the bench space to stash him. Fortunately I do

I wouldn't count him out just yet. All it takes is a fumble or two from Sony.

Also, remember that RB named Jonas Gray who scored 4 TD's in one game for NE and then never played again the following week lmao.

Can't trust anyone in NE.

He's definitely a hold. Agree with the above poster that he could be huge later on in the season as a goal-line back, seems Belicheck trusts him. He had a 6 game stretch last season where he was an RB1, hoping for the same this season

Don't drop him until he ends up on IR.  He could end up being a "league winner" if injuries occur to other RB's.  Remember what he did last year when healthy, just bench him and see what happens.

24 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

NE Running Backs after 2 weeks should always be holds. Otherwise you got into the wrong game when you drafted them. We have to see how this plays out. 

Every year I draft NE rbs knowing what will happen every time. Its like an abusive boyfriend I keep running back to. 658.png

5 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Can’t hold any longer. With my luck, I’ll drop him, then next week NE will decide to roll with him over Michel. 

naw he left the game with a neck injury, hes toast, pick him up for weeks 10-13 and then let him disappoint you in the first round of the playoffs

Dodged a bullet not drafting this guy. I really liked him until his ADP started rising and the knee thing came out. He just can't seem to stay healthy although I'm pretty sure he got hurt around this time last year and was a beast when he came back. I'll definitely keep him on my watchlist since Sony looked pretty bad today (as did the whole team). 

12 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

I'm holding.   First game, Rex got 18 carries and the Pats won and since he's been banged up and Sony has been the main guy, two losses.   Not to mention, Michel looked pretty average tonight, gonna hold Rex until Sony erupts. 

You mean self-destruct. lol

I would have agreed with you but Burkhead was playing special teams. No way should "fragile" Burk be playing special teams if the coaching staff is "nursing" him. He has obviously been bumped down the depth chart.

I was looking forward to him having the same role he had with Lewis and White last year. I accepted that. But, this......hell no.

As a Burkhead owner I thought Sony looked just fine tonight. Maybe I missed something. Watching Sony run was not reassuring to me, nor was seeing Burkheads barely-there role.

I'm just waiting for an injury or a fumble from Sony. I said earlier in the thread somewhere around mid-season is when I think Burkhead will be the hot ticket again and then everyone will be sprinting to their waiver wire. Gut feeling. That's why I'm stashing and advising those who can to do the same. I mean everything's relative, if there's someone more stash worthy than Burk then don't stash Burk obviously, but there's not a ton of great stashes out there. I'm thinking of someone like Ronald Jones or Malcolm Brown etc. Not a lot going on until the next lead back gets hurt. Backfield roles are almost all clearly defined across the league in this season's week 3.

This is why you gotta work the wire and make adjustments guys. I'm down a late 4th round pick with Burkhead. Make adjustments every week, work the wire, next man up. Not flummoxed at all about "wasting" that pick. One bad pick (or even 2, or maybe even 3) shouldn't have the weight to sink your team; if it does your team sucked to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

This is why you gotta work the wire and make adjustments guys. I'm down a late 4th round pick with Burkhead. Make adjustments every week, work the wire, next man up. Not flummoxed at all about "wasting" that pick. One bad pick (or even 2, or maybe even 3) shouldn't have the weight to sink your team; if it does your team sucked to begin with.

To add to this, i've had more success in Fantasy football constantly working the waiver and accidently dropping guys that ended up blowing up, then I've been having recently, being reluctant to let non-producers go. I held onto Corey Davis all last year thinking he was going to blow up and I would beat myself up for giving up on him, and that ended up being a waste of a bench spot.

Pick up players that put up points and leave the rest behind. If they end up being producers down the line, and you miss out on them, oh well. There are guys on a lot of ya'lls WW that are putting up 10-15 points these past few weeks. I hope you're not overlooking them because you're reluctant to let a guy like Rex go.

Archived