Rotoworld.com Forums

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

BrianM

WTF...My IR is filling up with the quickness. To be quite honest, I'm not sure if he was ever healthy. This might be the best option for us owners. At least we don't have to plug him into our lineups waiting for him to explode like he did last year or ask the questions why he isnt playing, or how is scrub a** Michel getting more carries, etc.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, dnorma2 said:

Ir means he can't play for,8 weeks,I believe ....he is a easy drop now

I was looking for clarification on timetable and I still don't have any 

The Patriots didn't offer much clarity on the severity of Burkhead's injury after the game concluded, but his impending move to IR suggests it's a week-to-week concern at the very least. Burkhead will now be sidelined for a minimum of seven games with the injury, though if he demonstrates the desired progress in his recovery, he could be a candidate for one of the Patriots' two designated-to-return spots. 

12 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

That's kind of incensitivie to a guy who potentially could have suffered a career ending injury. Neck injuries are no joke.

This sucks for my team but it really began sucking when I betrayed my gut instinct and drafted him in one of my leagues.

I'll remember him as the reason why I hesitated for a few moments in picking up James Connor.  Juuuuuust long enough for someone else to snatch him up while I was comparing the 2.  That was fun.  SMH.

9 hours ago, Red Dog said:

Unfortunately this move to IR might be due to concussion, which can be a career ender.

Unfortunately, you very well might be correct.  Career filled with injuries, concussions, he just might call it quits.  Too bad, great back when healthy.  Time to move on..

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Patriots placed RB Rex Burkhead (neck) on injured reserve.
The Patriots tipped this move after re-signing Kenjon Barner. Neck injuries can be serious, so it's possible Burkhead is shut down for the season. Sony Michel was playing ahead of Burkhead before he went down and is locked into the lead back role. James White will also have pass downs to himself with Burkhead out. Sep 26 - 12:15 PM

Burkhead will now be sidelined for a minimum of seven games with the injury, though if he demonstrates the desired progress in his recovery, he could be a candidate to return from IR as soon as the Nov. 25 game against the Jets. With Burkhead now out of the backfield mix until further notice, Sony Michel profiles as the team's primary rusher, with James White likely to handle most of the work on passing downs.

Burkhead is a walking injury.  This is James White's backfield, but for NE, their stable is dangerously thin and I expect they'll either sign someone or trade for someone in the next week.

As a JW owner, I was beginning to get worried.  Michel looked good.  No doubt.  But JW has been money this year and you know what, he deserves his glory year.

He's been being a good boy and doing what is asked.  It's about time the guy got his.  He's been $$ when they needed him.

Just go look at the 4Q in the SB against the Falcons.

• 3 weeks later...

Introducing fantasy zombie Sexy Rex Burkhead. 

Rex Burkhead (neck, I.R.) returned to practice Thursday.

This opens his 21-day window as one of the Patriots' two designated for return players. Burkhead is eligible to first play Week 13 against the Vikings. As long as Sony Michel and James White stay healthy, Burkhead shouldn't be a fantasy factor, but he could obviously have huge value if one of them goes down the next three weeks. Burkhead is worth an add where he can be squeezed in.

Archived