BrianM

Rex Burkhead 2018 Outlook

On 11/28/2018 at 7:46 AM, Pooskay said:

Sony, White, Patterson, Burkhead.

Two are dominant and the other two are just reserves, with one of them having major injury issues the past two seasons. 

Let's get real.

I would be shocked if Patterson still receives any run, outside of a gadget play or two, with Burkhead back in the mix. I do agree he's mostly a handcuff, but I suspect he'll see more work than guys like Ware or Brown.

Just now, LongBalls said:

I would be shocked if Patterson still receives any run, outside of a gadget play or two, with Burkhead back in the mix. I do agree he's mostly a handcuff, but I suspect he'll see more work than guys like Ware or Brown.

I wouldn’t be so sure.  Patterson has earned BBs respect and I’m sure McDaniels likes showing different options in the backfield.

25 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Any reason to pick him up

He's a solid RB2 with either a Michel or White injury, so yeah there's definitely value there. Essentially zero at present time, but he's one of the better cuffs IMO.

Not that adp matters this time of season, but he went ahead of white and Michel in drafts, so expectations were high coming into season.  A lot has changed since then, but agree he’s a solid cuff for the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, herschel said:

Not that adp matters this time of season, but he went ahead of white and Michel in drafts, so expectations were high coming into season.  A lot has changed since then, but agree he’s a solid cuff for the playoffs.

I'd say his past success in the Pats offense gives him a slightly higher floor than typical handcuffs. He will get touches in both the run and passing game. I could easily see him being a hot waiver add next week based on his usage against the Vikings.

Week 16 vs Buffalo, after the Patriots get up, I have a hunch it could be Burkhead carrying the load in the second half to preserve Michel and White for the real NFL playoffs. Could be a very good sneaky pick up and start for FF championship week.

6 hours ago, Red Dog said:

Week 16 vs Buffalo, after the Patriots get up, I have a hunch it could be Burkhead carrying the load in the second half to preserve Michel and White for the real NFL playoffs. Could be a very good sneaky pick up and start for FF championship week.

maybe in dfs but i cant see banking on that with championships on the line....

Yes, the move makes more sense in 16 team leagues where just about everyone has a volital flex position to fill.

I think there is a good chance those who are starting Michel WK 16 end up disappointed though.

Edited by Red Dog