Sign in to follow this  
NYR Fan 116894

Michael Crabtree 2018 Outlook

Looked explosive and ran crisp routes something he has always done.  Maybe the first 5 weeks were just getting the rust off and developing chemistry with his new team. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yardage33 said:

This guy has to have the most WR friendly schedule thru week 16:

NO
@CAR
PIT
BYE
CIN
OAK
@ATL
@KC
TB
@LAC

Just plucked him off waivers. Ready to ride him in my flex ros!

I dropped him and re-picked him up...I've been a big fan in the past years for his value, but this year has been somewhat rough before last week. I mean a match-up with New Orleans has to be great right?!?

(Said with the vocal inflection of total desperation from a guy who feels like he knows nothing about fantasy football at this point in the season)

• Haha 1

As a Ravens fan, he looked WAY more crisp and confident this past week. The Ravens were always going to go to him often especially around the red zone. His ceiling isn't particularly high and will be TD dependent to an extent, but he will get peppered with targets and likely hit 5 or 6 catches every week.

Maybe it took Crabtree a few weeks to get comfortable in a new system.  Ravens throw a lot.

Do we know which guy Lattimore will be on? I know he’s often assigned the alpha, but in a 1A-1B situation between Crabtree and Brown, will he be in the smaller speedster or the possession receiver with size?

13 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Do we know which guy Lattimore will be on? I know he’s often assigned the alpha, but in a 1A-1B situation between Crabtree and Brown, will he be in the smaller speedster or the possession receiver with size?

In a rotoworld blurb about Lattimore being healthy it says that he’s most likely to shadow Brown, but I wouldn’t take that to the bank. 

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Maybe it took Crabtree a few weeks to get comfortable in a new system.  Ravens throw a lot.

Hes got the 11th most targets in the NFL so far this year (9 per game), and thats with him not being great to this point. Flaccos got a lot of trust in him and targets accordingly. I see far more good weeks than bad in his future especially with the Ravens schedule.  

20 minutes ago, Godeep said:

How does everyone feel about Crabtree without Flacco? Wait and see or drop?

He’s getting targets, though he hasn’t done much with them recently. I’m going to continue to hold in PPR. Bye week flex right now.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys still holding crabtree? Amazing the bums PPR makes relevant. 

Lol, I didn't hold him, someone else in my league dropped him and I added him because of the coming schedule and high targets. I'm hoping he gets off to a better 2nd half of the season. Now with qb change I'm a bit unsure about him, going to wait and see. 

31 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Lol, I didn't hold him, someone else in my league dropped him and I added him because of the coming schedule and high targets. I'm hoping he gets off to a better 2nd half of the season. Now with qb change I'm a bit unsure about him, going to wait and see. 

Seriously. His ROS schedule is juicy. Still gets a lot of targets, it's just if Crabtree can turn them into production! He's available in a couple leagues of mine

Man this guy is such a damn gamble this week with the QB situation but I will be forced to start him. Decent DFS start as nobody will be doing it and he has good upside.

Edited by metalmat

2 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Man this guy is such a damn gamble this week with the QB situation but I will be forced to start him. Decent DFS start as nobody will be doing it and he has good upside.

Doesn't seem like Crabtree's upside is actually all that high.  Dude seems pretty cooked from what we have seen so far this year.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Doesn't seem like Crabtree's upside is actually all that high.  Dude seems pretty cooked from what we have seen so far this year.

Targets and TD potential against a bad Bengals defense.

3 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Targets and TD potential against a bad Bengals defense.

Targets from a rawer than raw Lamar Jackson?  Or a spin-cycled RGIII?  But even if prime Y.A. Tittle was hurling the pigskin Sunday, Crabtree has just shown very little this season.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Targets from a rawer than raw Lamar Jackson?  Or a spin-cycled RGIII?  But even if prime Y.A. Tittle was hurling the pigskin Sunday, Crabtree has just shown very little this season.

That's why I said it is a total gamble, wouldn't start him unless I am desperate which I am forced to.

5 minutes ago, metalmat said:

That's why I said it is a total gamble, wouldn't start him unless I am desperate which I am forced to.

I hope it works out for you.  Flacco is actually no great shakes.  Maybe Lamar or RGIII can improvise, get flushed out of the pocket, and find Crabtree way down the field with a busted coverage.

• Like 1

Do you guys actually watch football? Crabtree can't break coverage past 10 yards. Thats his limit. He still has good hands but he cannot break coverage anymore for any deep shots at all. He also has nothing after the catch. He's been a drop. I have no idea how he's even being talked about anymore.