The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, but how many times does that happen? Marvin has never helped Golladay. The only way for KG to get targets is to be the only option for Stafford. He's like a scared puppy out there lately. I do understand the O-line isn't helping the situation, but this is also the same guy that made Megatron look bad on the stat sheet in quite a few games.

That's not particularly true.  Kenny's best run of games (weeks 1-5) was when Marvin, Tate and Golladay were all on the team and active. 

Agreed on the rest though.  Something is definitely off with Stafford this season.  They also just lost the vet of the o-line (RG TJ Lang) to IR, and his replacement stinks, so the trouble with Stafford constantly under pressure isn't going to change.  And the OC is still a functioning idiot which doesn't help things at all.

• Haha 1

Choo choo. 

Is that how you get the hype train rolling?

I’m all in this weekend (If Jones is out) Who is with me? 

48 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Gotta roll Golladay out if Jones sits. 15 targets would not surprise me at all.

I gotta roll him even if Jones plays. He is my best flex option with Chubb and White on bye and Mack having a very hard non sexy match up.

Edited by TennisMenace

This thread makes me smile.....it was only two weeks ago when Tate was traded people were saying similar things...popping open the bubbly stuff and drooling over all these targets KG would be getting. And then v. The Vikings.......

CRASH......THUD.....BOOM! 

Reality set in. Even without Tate, there is no guarantee the targets would be there. Now last week have us hope, but we all have to temper that with caution.....most of his targets and catches came during 4th q garbage time when the game was over with.

so, if Jones is out this week, there still will be two more WRs trotting out and they still have Riddick and they still have an OL that suddenly has forgotten how to block. 

We all can hope and be optimistic, but this season has shown me this regarding KG.....don’t put anything in the bank yet. 

2 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Gotta roll Golladay out if Jones sits. 15 targets would not surprise me at all.

From your lips to God’s ears......let it be so! 

5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The stars are all aligned for him this week. If he can't perform this week, there's no excuses for him.

Good point....if he can’t perform this week look at who he is playing weeks 14-16....

Arizona

Bills

Vikes

19 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The stars are all aligned for him this week. If he can't perform this week, there's no excuses for him.

Someone will make excuses on Monday if he duds. Book it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Someone will make excuses on Monday if he duds. Book it.

Honestly....if he duds and my Miller does well, KG drops to my number 4 WR and I can only play 2-3 depending on who I play for flex. Being number 4 also means you can be released if something sexier becomes available especially due to some injury.   Bottom line for me....being WR4 is not a given to even being employed. 

Edited by TennisMenace

7 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

No excuses.....right? 

Yes, Stafford. The only way there would be a comfortable feeling he'd get targets is if the entire offensive roster is out. But then Stafford would probably just throw it to the other team.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Are the Lions going to be a functional offense? That’s my concern. I can’t believe how poorly Stafford is playing his year.

Edited by jsch08

29 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

No excuses.....right? 

Right! It's time my friends. Let's get this train a rollin'! 

Woo-hoooo!!!

He’s got to have a defining type of game so we can end it here. I hope all of us that are starting due to attrition get the eye popping game we been waiting for. I think it’s obvious KG is legit and it has to be The Stafford infection. If he sucks this week I’m out and going to gamble on a better situation if possible.