The Answer

Kenny Golladay 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

11 minutes ago, poofinger said:

If he duds this week I’m so off the train.  

Me too, and I'm the one driving this puppy! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Me too, and I'm the one driving this puppy! 

What!   I thought I was.  I just picked him up this week.  I’m good luck 

1 minute ago, poofinger said:

What!   I thought I was.  I just picked him up this week.  I’m good luck 

Wait, what?! You just acquired Kenny G in your league? As in a WW/FA claim? Really? Wow. 

Welp, welcome aboard my man. But, ah, yeah...all noobs ride in the back.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know I mentioned Stafford being a big concern, but I get a feeling this may be like 2015 where he started putting up big numbers starting in week 11 when it didn’t matter for his team anymore. Would be great for Golladay.

Short leash........like many have said here, if he can’t go off this week, he probably never will.  Have you seen his ROS?

I don't have much of a choice but to start him, but I have more of a glass half full outlook vs half empty:

* M. Jones out, increased targets.

* Gamescript most likely having DET in  catchup mode.

* CAR secondary just isn't that good. Been riddled on several occasions.

* Game is at home.

• Like 3

Let's go Kenny G!  Bout time for Kenny to land on top of the weekly leader board..... I hope!  If he isn't peppered with targets this week with Jones out I'll be dang surprised.

• Like 1

More concerns with Stafford and the OL than his targets. The targets will be there but will Stafford have time to throw or get sacked another 16 times like he did the last 2 games!!!

3 hours ago, fantasymad said:

More concerns with Stafford and the OL than his targets. The targets will be there but will Stafford have time to throw or get sacked another 16 times like he did the last 2 games!!!

Picked up the Carolina D. Hope they can deliver a lot of punishment to that clown. Starting Golladay as usual, expecting garbage time points only. Not expecting anything in the 1st half.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Picked up the Carolina D. Hope they can deliver a lot of punishment to that clown. Starting Golladay as usual, expecting garbage time points only. Not expecting anything in the 1st half.

??

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, poofinger said:

??

3 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Another eternal optimist. ?

15 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Love the hedge play...20+ pts between the 2 will come from some direction.

2 minutes ago, WaiverHero said:

Do we sell high now?

I wonder how much the answer depends on K. Johnson's health?

If Blount is the RB and Marvin is banged up, Golladay should get 10+ targets a game.

The trade deadline is over in most leagues.  But I don’t think he has the name value to get much back in trades.  Might as well just keep him, he was basically free value

3 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

The trade deadline is over in most leagues.  But I don’t think he has the name value to get much back in trades.  Might as well just keep him, he was basically free value

ESPN standard deadline is the 22nd

3 hours ago, WaiverHero said:

Do we sell high now?

Man, who knows. Stafford still blows but this guy is so talented. He made some crazy catches today. Abused the CB on one of them. Basically said, 'give me that. it's mine'. Then he laid out for that TD catch. I'm not trading him because of his incredible upside.

• Like 3

That highlight reel from today’s game is unreal. Why shouldn’t he keep getting Hopkins level target counts going forward? 

Stacking him with Stafford next week since Mahomes on bye. I like the Golladay part of that stack

Edited by jsch08

5 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

How good are the bears?  This looks like a bad spot 

They are awesome, but hopefully there are some garbage points here like Diggs and Theen got.

Babytron turning into Megatron with all these targets likely coming his way. Did you see those last two catches? Stafford basically said what the hell and threw it up and Golladay made amazing plays. I assume Stafford keeps trying this.

I'm scared for this coming week. Bears are going to beat the crap out of Stafford all day.