Mr2Saint

Corey Davis 2018 Outlook

Packaged him and Drake for A. Ekeler. I'm a Gordon owner. That's what my league values him at, because I was about to drop him and an owner wanted to accept that trade.

If that Titans can't clear 200 yards passing on a consistent basis, and have no run game, what's the point? No TD upside, no yardage upside. Davis is awesome, situation is not. Cut the losses. 

Davis was my 3rd WR I drafted this year. Ironically, my team now does not have it's 1st 3 receivers I drafted (Baldwin, Cooper, Davis.) They were all dropped. Baldwin might've been a mistake, but the process was sound. Maybe he just had his best game.

Davis already had his best game this season. It was fluky because of Mariota. Maybe next year when they draft a new QB. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Packaged him and Drake for A. Ekeler. I'm a Gordon owner. That's what my league values him at, because I was about to drop him and an owner wanted to accept that trade.

If that Titans can't clear 200 yards passing on a consistent basis, and have no run game, what's the point? No TD upside, no yardage upside. Davis is awesome, situation is not. Cut the losses. 

Davis was my 3rd WR I drafted this year. Ironically, my team now does not have it's 1st 3 receivers I drafted (Baldwin, Cooper, Davis.) They were all dropped. Baldwin might've been a mistake, but the process was sound. Maybe he just had his best game.

Davis already had his best game this season. It was fluky because of Mariota. Maybe next year when they draft a new QB. 

Traded him away as well. The schedule later looks brutal. I too don’t have my drafted WRs starting for me. I made trades to upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Rotoworld has Davis as their Start of the Week

:mellow:

Yeah, I just saw that too. Sorry, but I just can't trust playing Davis with Mariota playing the way he is. Starting Golladay and Landry over him this week. 

I’m benching him with confidence.

None of Silva’s points make any sense.  There tend to be sneaky upside slugfests across the pond in recent years?  Am I to believe that there is some type of science behind that?  Saying stuff like that just make people even dumber than they already are.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Rotoworld has Davis as their Start of the Week

:mellow:

Rotoworld lost its mind.  Titans offense is trash right now, it’s a shame.

Good luck to those of you who choose to start- I’m in the drop boat, his inconsistency - rather Mariota sucking- week to week was killing me. 

I think he’ll have good games here and there but I can’t feel comfortable locking him into my lineup every week, which is a shame because the talent is definitely there.

I gave up. Albert Wilson might be flash in the pan, but at least he's trending upwards. 

Even if Davis has a blow up game, I've seen too many poor offensive showings to start him with any confidence the game after that.

Coming off a 1 catch day, now vs Hayward in London, WTH would start Davis today as anything more than a desperation flex in a 14 teamer?

Edited by CharlesHustle
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlesHustle said:

Coming off a 1 catch day, now vs Hayward in London, WTH would start Davis today as anything more than a desperation flex in a 14 teamer?

I am. The targets are there. The production will follow.

I think there's a chance he puts up a decent stat line today, but I just don't know how you could start him with any confidence with the way Mariota is playing right now. Maybe Mariota bounces back today, but I'm not feeling it. I'm not dropping (yet), but benching until Mariota gets his s__t together.

1 hour ago, Tugginroot said:

Low WR1, high WR2.

Low-end WR trash, high-end WR bum....drop city for this guy. 

• Like 2

I can't believe I've wasted a roster spot for half a season on Davis... For the second year in a row. I'm done. Hopefully Davis gets a new QB and the offense joins the rest of the league next year and starts slinging the rock. His talents are being wasted in Tennessee. Sad!

• Like 1

Imagine drafting a Titans player this season, lol. Good luck to all the C. Davis owners.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:18 PM, thirdeye said:

I can't believe I've wasted a roster spot for half a season on Davis... For the second year in a row. I'm done. Hopefully Davis gets a new QB and the offense joins the rest of the league next year and starts slinging the rock. His talents are being wasted in Tennessee. Sad!

Lol Davis dropped a key 3rd down pass and ran lazy routes all game. Tajae sharpe played hard and was rewarded, Davis isn't as good as you think he is, he's not even the best receiver in Tennessee which is sad. dude gets locked down weekly.