Fielder1831

Hunter Renfroe 2018 Outlook

11 hours ago, Fielder1831 said:

Didn't see one for him yet. Makes sense due to performance and club situation. Any hope for this guy to turn it around?

I believe I read that the manger said Jose Pirela will be platooning with him in LF is it and then Pirela becomes the everyday player by platooning at 2B vs the other handed starters.  So Renfroe will lose the most ABs with the Hosmer signing and Myers to the OF stuff.  Unless I hallucinating reading that article.

This guy really had a chance to show this team what he could do with Myers out.  0-5 last night with 4 k’s.  How meat truck dumb is this kid?

Maybe the Grand Slam gets this dude some attention. Don't give Reyes all your attention even though he has 100 or so less PA. Renfroe is hitting the ball just as hard with a 40/40% balls in the air and on the ground.

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

Renfroe has homered in 4 straight

Reyes in 3 straight

Reyes is actually 3 of last 4 but yes these two are scorching.

I just picked up Renfroe which means he will go in a 0-21 slump, so don’t bother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This guy's been so consistent lately. Maybe he's figured something out... his splits vs RHP were awful last year and in the first half this year, but now they're practically the same as vs LHP. Hopefully the coaches have noticed and he's earned a full-time role.

Month of August (23 GP so far): 10R 8HR 21RBI - .300 BA, .949 OPS, K-rate down to 20.4%

6 hours ago, MireLurker said:

This guy's been so consistent lately. Maybe he's figured something out... his splits vs RHP were awful last year and in the first half this year, but now they're practically the same as vs LHP. Hopefully the coaches have noticed and he's earned a full-time role.

Month of August (23 GP so far): 10R 8HR 21RBI - .300 BA, .949 OPS, K-rate down to 20.4%

Yep, this guy has been a gem off the wire this month. He's going to be a very intriguing player in 2019 if he can do anything remotely similar to this in September. Maybe he feels the PT crunch with Myers, Reyes, Jank, Margot all wanting PT...plus Cordero coming back next year. Maybe something has finally clicked for this guy in his second season. 

His first multi-HR game of the season tonight, giving him 11 in 108 AB since July ended, to go with a BA over .300 in that timespan. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

His first multi-HR game of the season tonight, giving him 11 in 108 AB since July ended, to go with a BA over .300 in that timespan. 

Facing two lefties next week, along with four games at hitter friendly Great American Park.  I'm assuming Renfroe is a must start?

5 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Facing two lefties next week, along with four games at hitter friendly Great American Park.  I'm assuming Renfroe is a must start?

I think he's kinda like Kole Calhoun was for a stretch there...you have to start him until he cools off. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I think he's kinda like Kole Calhoun was for a stretch there...you have to start him until he cools off. 

Yup. Refreshing to come here and not see stuff like "hes turned a corner and is the new stanton."  Milk him until hes dry,then take him out behind the barn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Yup. Refreshing to come here and not see stuff like "hes turned a corner and is the new stanton."  Milk him until hes dry,then take him out behind the barn.

:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I want to play in your league 

4 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

I want to play in your league 

Why?  Because he's now all of a sudden this great hitter?

I'll give hm credit for the great stretch he's been on, but what most people are posting makes a hell of a lot of sense.  So far this has to be treated as a hot streak, and to expect him to be the next Stanton or something would be insane (not saying you are definitely going quite that far, but you get the idea).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Why?  Because he's now all of a sudden this great hitter?

I'll give hm credit for the great stretch he's been on, but what most people are posting makes a hell of a lot of sense.  So far this has to be treated as a hot streak, and to expect him to be the next Stanton or something would be insane (not saying you are definitely going quite that far, but you get the idea).

Has he had a streak like this before? I haven't followed him that closely over his career.  

5 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Has he had a streak like this before? I haven't followed him that closely over his career.  

That I don't know.  Maybe somebody else can answer this better than me.  I haven't followed him that closely either as he's been a bust anytime he gets hyped and was basically a guy who could only hit LHP, so I stopped following him after the last time I drafted him and he sucked.

I do know he when he first came up in 2016 he went nuts.

5 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

He's on pace for 33hr 100rbi over 162 games as a 26yr old.... He's going to be a stud 

Edited by bigbossman

36 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

He's on pace for 33hr 100rbi over 162 games as a 26yr old.... He's going to be a stud 

Before this .400 ,4hr.10rbi week,he was on pace for .250,28,86 over 162.  Admitingly very useable. Maybe he turns out to be the next jd martinez,and he might,but more theres a better chance that he turns out to be mark trumbo or scott schebler.   Which one are we gonna get in september?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Not overall, he's just gone on a Homer tear but he was always striking out and not getting on base 

• Like 1