Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Canuck14 said:

Does anyone play on cbs? Their whole illegal roster system must be the dumbest thing I’ve ran into in my 15 years of playing fantasy sports. I had Zunino activated from my dl, so I dropped the catcher I had picked up to use until then. The drop wasn’t reflective on my roster until the next day though. And it moved zunino from my dl to by bench. This gave me what they consider an illegal roster, so it proceeded to not count any of my team’s stats from last night. 

 

What kind of bs is this? As soon as I noticed he was active I tried to adjust my roster accordingly. But because the drop isn’t processed until the next day, it doesn’t count any of my stats for that day?

They have always been like that with their DL.  CBS is generally a weekly format, so it usually does not cause too much grief as the roster move would be reflected in the next weekly period and people adjust each week as the Monday deadline approaches.  In daily leagues, you have to be aware of it and set your lineup for the next day as part of whatever moves you make.  If you play a Commissioner league at CBS, your commish can fix it for you retroactively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canuck14 said:

Does anyone play on cbs? Their whole illegal roster system must be the dumbest thing I’ve ran into in my 15 years of playing fantasy sports. I had Zunino activated from my dl, so I dropped the catcher I had picked up to use until then. The drop wasn’t reflective on my roster until the next day though. And it moved zunino from my dl to by bench. This gave me what they consider an illegal roster, so it proceeded to not count any of my team’s stats from last night. 

 

What kind of bs is this? As soon as I noticed he was active I tried to adjust my roster accordingly. But because the drop isn’t processed until the next day, it doesn’t count any of my stats for that day?

This brings back a memory from a long time ago.

 

once upon a time when you had to pay to play fantasy baseball in daily leagues on ESPN you needed to roster a FULL lineup if you did not you roster a FULL lineup you didn't receive any of the counting stats. A box would appear illegal lineup ... you could ignore that box but you never received the counting stats for the day.

 

ESPN had a link where I clicked on everyday to see if there was any dead teams available   ... somebody paid the money for that team but the owner went AWOL.  ESPN was alerted and they put the team up and if you clicked on the link first you got the team. Some days felt like Christmas and to top it off if you won the league you gained points and each point you received you could redeem them for prizes. I always took the tee shirts. One win was one point and with one point you could get a free tee shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

This brings back a memory from a long time ago.

 

once upon a time when you had to pay to play fantasy baseball in daily leagues on ESPN you needed to roster a FULL lineup if you did not you roster a FULL lineup you didn't receive any of the counting stats. A box would appear illegal lineup ... you could ignore that box but you never received the counting stats for the day.

 

ESPN had a link where I clicked on everyday to see if there was any dead teams available   ... somebody paid the money for that team but the owner went AWOL.  ESPN was alerted and they put the team up and if you clicked on the link first you got the team. Some days felt like Christmas and to top it off if you won the league you gained points and each point you received you could redeem them for prizes. I always took the tee shirts. One win was one point and with one point you could get a free tee shirt.

 

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate catchers - you know why drafting a catcher early has value???  Sometimes it's simply best to draft a catcher early for ones own sanity......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manaea was my last pick in a 12 team league and I dropped him when Kingery got called up, meanwhile I could have dropped the likes of Felix Hernandez or Wacha. And I was against him last night too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivero stunk in non-save situation last night, through the years I dont know what it is, but seems like so often when my guys are just "getting some work" they perform poorly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Manaea was my last pick in a 12 team league and I dropped him when Kingery got called up, meanwhile I could have dropped the likes of Felix Hernandez or Wacha. And I was against him last night too.

 

5 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

Thinking my pitching was set I cut Sean Manaea for Ryan McMahon.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you have to replace an injured player so you drop your minor league stash, Jack Flaherty, about 30 minutes before he’s surprisingly called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Del Rio said:

Too loaded to pick up Dahl or Flaherty :(

 

You gotta lay off the sauce, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Caelum said:

When you have to replace an injured player so you drop your minor league stash, Jack Flaherty, about 30 minutes before he’s surprisingly called up.

 

Slight correction — reportedly likely to be called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite having a 2.7 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP , I'm about to get hung with my 6th loss of the week.   2 wins, 6 losses...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I hate both of my fantasy teams at the moment, hate!!! Loads and loads of underperformers throughout and I’m not sure I can do anything about it but wait and hope it turns soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mickey Donovan said:

Despite having a 2.7 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP , I'm about to get hung with my 6th loss of the week.   2 wins, 6 losses...

 

 

Losing my pitching cats dispite having a 1.83 era and a .85 whip for the week, horse ishh... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Losing my pitching cats dispite having a 1.83 era and a .85 whip for the week, horse ishh... 

 

Jesus. That’s f*cking maddening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

 

Jesus. That’s f*cking maddening 

 

Thought I had s shot than my opponent rolled out Manaea and Clevinger to put me away last night, o and my league also counts CG’s so yea lost big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happ is pitching a gem for me with 9 Ks.  Unfortunately 6 of those Ks are my players (Benintendi and JD).  I get negative point for Ks to my hitters.  So basically they've canceled out the gem of a performance from my pitcher.  Oh and I also have Kingery who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two pitchers up 4-1, only to see one implode (Weaver) and one leave with 1 on and still up 4-3 and have the relief pitcher promptly give up a 2-run HR (Ohtani).  Amazing night...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Two pitchers up 4-1, only to see one implode (Weaver) and one leave with 1 on and still up 4-3 and have the relief pitcher promptly give up a 2-run HR (Ohtani).  Amazing night...

Sorry, I own them both and I have the worst luck in the history of mankind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.