Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

When you draft Brinson in dynasty and realize 3+ months later that Soto went 80 something picks later 

giphy.gif

F*** Gsellman and Dyson.

My closers: Box, Davis, Strickland (Grabbed Dyson yesterday afternoon.) It's been a very rough last few days to say the least ?

When you think you’re getting a 2 inning save and he gets yanked after 1.1...

Nothing is going right this year, NOTHING.

I've never seen such a BS year in my decades of fantasy sports, between bad luck, rainouts, injuries, SP schedule changes, etc...

I'm nauseated almost daily.

"Error" on Frazier takes a hit from DJ. Story out by inches, ugh I really need these bases and OPS this week! 

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Nothing is going right this year, NOTHING.

I've never seen such a BS year in my decades of fantasy sports, between bad luck, rainouts, injuries, SP schedule changes, etc...

I'm nauseated almost daily.

I'll second that, it's literally become laughable. My team is cursed. 

My pitchings been awful this year.  I streamed kuhl today....  Don't think I've not had a pitcher not get negative points that I've streamed. 

6 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

My pitchings been awful this year.  I streamed kuhl today....  Don't think I've not had a pitcher not get negative points that I've streamed. 

Soooo....that’s a good thing, right?

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Soooo....that’s a good thing, right?

Quadruple negative so I’m not sure ??

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Quadruple negative so I’m not sure ??

I think that translates as follows: “I don’t think I’ve had a pitcher get negative points that I’ve streamed.”  But I could be mistaken.

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

I think that translates as follows: “I don’t think I’ve had a pitcher get negative points that I’ve streamed.”  But I could be mistaken.

My bad, I wasnt fully paying attention to what I typed haha

I don't think I've had a pitcher (that I've streamed) get me positive points. 

14 hours ago, GurleyMan said:

Funny thing I read on FG an article about how Kuhl was using his top tier slider more and may be becoming a useable SP. The article did acknowledge the risk of publishing it right before a start and said that a breakout to top pitcher probably won't happen.

Then I flip to look at scores and he had allowed 8 runs... 

---

PS, just to be clear, I love FG, but in this case the timing was unfortunate.

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Funny thing I read on FG an article about how Kuhl was using his top tier slider more and may be becoming a useable SP. The article did acknowledge the risk of publishing it right before a start and said that a breakout to top pitcher probably won't happen.

Then I flip to look at scores and he had allowed 8 runs... 

---

PS, just to be clear, I love FG, but in this case the timing was unfortunate.

I'd have been content with just 2-3 ers, but then I check and he only last two innings with 8 ers..... oof

Just a nice 34.36 ERA and 4.64 WHIP between Wright and Britton today.  Have Diaz, Hand, Britton, and Dyson and I am tied 0-0 in saves with a guy who has no closers :angry:

my bullpen ROSE to the occasion tonight.  Winkler and Britton ... ouch

Mother f***ing bull***.  Bad enough that the Giants will lose, but now I won't even at least get a save out of it.  I have 3-4 guys who could potentially get saves while my opponent has zero closers and we are tied 0-0 in saves!  

giphy.gif

F u gsellman!

A good pitching day completely F'ed up by this guy. I dodged the bullet at coors last time but not today. I am so pissed.

F-ing hate Sundays.  Was up 7-3 with the hopes of getting it to 8-2 with the OBPs close.  That is until his team decides to put up a .472 OBP with 8 runs, 5 HR, 10 RBI while mine goes .278 OBP with 6 runs, 1 HR, 4 RBI.  We are now tied in runs and home runs, while he took a 1 RBI lead on me.  Have 2 runs sitting on my bench from Simmons. I have no hitters left while he still has Soto.  I will be lucky if we even finished tied in runs and home runs.  Way to just **** the f****** bed today offense.

For anyone feeling down on themselves, I just wanted to come here for a minute and share my pitching staff struggles with you. Despite my efforts this season, I have not been able to maintain anything even close to a below average pitching staff. I also play in dynasty, where I do not have the option to either stream pitchers on a matchup basis or add and drop freely. Everything is done via contracts and budgets. If you want to add a player, you either need to make a trade or outbid the rest of the league on a guy and be forced to pay AT LEAST the minimum salary for a full season. 

With that said, my pitching staff is as follows:

Healthy: ERod, Alex Wood, Reynaldo Lopez

Hurt or sent down: Carrasco, Darvish, Robbie Ray, Shohei Ohtani, Fernando Romero, Caleb Smith, Jake Faria 

I signed Daniel Mengden earlier in the year, and after I signed him he imploded so bad I just ate his salary and banished him to the shadow realm. Needless to say, it has not been a fun June. 

Feedback on this trade:

Team 1-Aquires

RP-Aroldis Chapman

RP-Archie Bradley

Minor League Player-Sam Carlson (Seattle prospect #3)

C-Travis D'anauld, injured, who cares about this one I suppose

Team 2-Aquires

RP-Zach Britton

RP-Tayron Guerrero

Minor League Player-Keibert Ruiz (Dodgers prospect #2)

Our league is a dynasty/30 team league we have a 15 player minor league roster, basically prospects. This is the dumbest s--- I've ever seen. I would not have given up Chapman for Britton, Gueerreo and Ruiz, yet these two owners make that move anyway and the guy GETTING Chapman also gets Bradley and a prospect. 

My hitters are 0-19 so far - how the heck does that happen?  :wacko:

Currently out with injury on my roster:

Nimmo

Gary Sanchez

Morrow

Vizcaino

Darvish

Ray

(and just had Foltynewicz return from injury today).

Going into a matchup with the top ranked team this week and my biggest fantasy rival.

Always the case isn't it? This blows. None of these guys are droppable either, so I'm stuck starting a few injured guys.

2 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

My hitters are 0-19 so far - how the heck does that happen?  :wacko:

I have had some three hits or less days this year. Terrible feeling.