Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Pederson red hot. Rosario facing Sale. I start Pederson for Rosario. 

Iced pederson right down 0 for 5. Rosarion 2 for 5  with 2 rbi. 

coming into today, im winning 7 of 8 pitching categories with 4 pitchers starting.

healthy lead in ERA, nice lead in WHIP, nice lead in QS, close in wins, close in losses, healthy lead in K's.

Most people would probably opt to bench the strters, but unfortunately, my opponent has 5 pitchers going.

As it stands right now, i am in real danger of losing most all my pitching categories, save for K's but hell, anything is possible.

Hose Berrios is dog****.  Ross Stripling is turning into a pumpkin.  Who knows what im gonna get from Rodon and Wheeler.

Meanwhile, newcomb is reverting back to his ace status just in time to play me.  Luis castillo is also apparently a shutdown ace.  Clay Buchhols will probably sping 8 shut out innings against the pads. and JOhn Gant im sure will spin a gem against the cubs.

All i really needed today was a couple QS to secure that category, maybe a couple wins but those are fluky so i wasn't expecting much.

Instead im going to lose LOSSES and probably WHIP and ERA is in real danger.  QS is probably a loss too.

I ******** hate pitchers.

i dont even want to get into my ******** offense right now.

/rant

Saw that Osuna was traded to the Astros and instantly dropped Giles even though he was in my NA slot and not even taking up a roster spot. Of course, seconds later I read that Giles is going to the Jays, and will surely close.

I'm current tied for first place, and tied with the person in 2nd place for saves.

I think that’s pretty far from a sure thing, honestly

Altuve, Correa, Snell, Devers, A Miller, Stripling and Cueto (dropping in pending waiver) all on DL right now while trying to hold onto my position 4 games out of 1st place....This should be interesting.

Like F-ing clockwork the Giants give up a late lead.  I knew when they didn't score a single run with bases loaded and no outs that it was a precursor to something bad.  Absolute BS

So I now have Sale, Stripling and Strasburg on the DL and Happ with Foot Hand and Mouth Disease looking to miss a start. I have no pitching this week. 

Traded Harper and Thor for Sale and Muncy and Knebel 5 day ago.

Since then, Sale has gone to the  DL, Muncy has gone 1/19 and looks droppable, and Knebel looks to be losing the job as closer.

Great outing by Carrasco to provide much needed ratio help. Then Rodney comes on...

6 hours ago, roscobangs said:

Traded Harper and Thor for Sale and Muncy and Knebel 5 day ago.

Since then, Sale has gone to the  DL, Muncy has gone 1/19 and looks droppable, and Knebel looks to be losing the job as closer.

Sale should be ok. If he gets to play Muncy should be alright.

Better than me one year. I accepted Harvey and Longo for Goldschmidt in 2013. Harvey goes down while the trade was still in the 3 day review window. So by the time the trade went thru Harvey was already gonna get Tommy John.

I pick up Albert Pujols because I have nothing at 1B and need HR/RBIs even at the expense of AVG and SB. Through two weeks, he has only 3 RBIs, but of course is hitting .308 with a steal.

Got kicked out of a league just now because I traded Carrasco for Dozier (both keepers until end of 2019 season), and some other irrelevant pieces (draft picks, minor leaguers). WTH?

Inactive owner who took over for a cheater back in April just traded Gleyber Torres and Acuna for Carlos Martinez, Ian Happ and Brett Gardner.

When I say inactive I mean this owner who took over in April has had Eugino Suarez on the DL all year. Firs thing he's done since April is this trade.

5 minutes ago, yeah!magnets! said:

Inactive owner who took over for a cheater back in April just traded Gleyber Torres and Acuna for Carlos Martinez, Ian Happ and Brett Gardner.

When I say inactive I mean this owner who took over in April has had Eugino Suarez on the DL all year. Firs thing he's done since April is this trade.

Man,i hate that. 2 years ago,a replacmement owner traded stanton and keuchel for Logan forsythe and j.a happ (hot starts for cold ones). The benefactor beat me by 1.5 points to take the $. The one in yours is bad,but not gonna throw off the entire pool.

I left that pool becaus of that even though it was easy money.

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Man,i hate that. 2 years ago,a replacmement owner traded stanton and keuchel for Logan forsythe and j.a happ (hot starts for cold ones). The benefactor beat me by 1.5 points to take the $. The one in yours is bad,but not gonna throw off the entire pool.

I left that pool becaus of that even though it was easy money.

Yep, i'm quitting after this year I think. I'm in 3rd right now so hopefully I at least get my money back.

Your trade is much worse, so I feel a little better. Still hurts though lol

well same team with no trout, judge, bryant, correa... also have cano and vlad jr. great not to mention fiers gets inj in stream and have wacha and matz inj

2 hours ago, yeah!magnets! said:

Yeah I think if I had a league 1) had to get rid of a cheater, 2) replaced him with an inactive owner who makes ridiculous trades and 3) the trade doesn't get vetoed - I would probably leave said league.

Gordon swinging the bat good. Facing a struggling CHW SP today. So I stream him. Iced him down once again. Including a strikeout with  men on first and third and no outs.

Just happened with Pederson.

Goddam.

If you see a (mixed league fringe) hot hitter suddenly turn ice cold, you know I just picked him up to stream.

Streamers hitting below .200 this year. Can't do this bad if I tried. Touch of death.

I could make Trout hit .215 if he ended up on my team.

Pivetta streamer: phillies get shut out by some guy no ones ever hears of and then score 4 against bear claw.

7 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Gordon swinging the bat good. Facing a struggling CHW SP today. So I stream him. Iced him down once again. Including a strikeout with  men on first and third and no outs.

Just happened with Pederson.

Goddam.

If you see a (mixed league fringe) hot hitter suddenly turn ice cold, you know I just picked him up to stream.

Streamers hitting below .200 this year. Can't do this bad if I tried. Touch of death.

I could make Trout hit .215 if he ended up on my team.

So I picked up white hot Pederson. He went ice cold. Dropped him for Gordon against a struggling CHW SP. Gordon does sith, and Pederson homers.

The team I am chasing. Picked up Mancini yesterday. Two games two homers. How do good managers do this? I mean I try to look at numbers and play the odds, but inevitably I always shut down hot streaks no matter who. If I pick 1 player out of 10, that player for sure will have the worst game that day. Pederson batted about .125 for me even though I had him during his hot stretch.

Worst fantasy baseball player ever. Rosario has been garbage the last month. I kept starting him. The only game I sat him, against a tough lefty Snell, he homers.

If I put my team on autopilot from Day 1, probably would be winning by 15 pts now instead of trailing by 15 pts.