Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

16 hours ago, papasmurf said:

So I picked up white hot Pederson. He went ice cold. Dropped him for Gordon against a struggling CHW SP. Gordon does sith, and Pederson homers.

The team I am chasing. Picked up Mancini yesterday. Two games two homers. How do good managers do this? I mean I try to look at numbers and play the odds, but inevitably I always shut down hot streaks no matter who. If I pick 1 player out of 10, that player for sure will have the worst game that day. Pederson batted about .125 for me even though I had him during his hot stretch.

Worst fantasy baseball player ever. Rosario has been garbage the last month. I kept starting him. The only game I sat him, against a tough lefty Snell, he homers.

If I put my team on autopilot from Day 1, probably would be winning by 15 pts now instead of trailing by 15 pts.

I've been wondering what happened to Rosario. 

Injury bug.  Not even close to the the team with the second most injuries.  Still in 2nd place.   Can't catch a break at catcher either.

Streamed guys against giolito due to injury. He pitching like seaver. 

Amazing costanza skill. 

Got three rays starting against goddam giolito. Era like 7. Yet...

100% fail rate. Yet i still try.

Nice 3/36 from my team today with 3 walks.  

glad dip ***** like odor and peraza can have career weeks against me.  i look forward to them fading back into oblivion next week.

f--- them

Starting the year in a 20 teamer dynasty with my pitchers Cueto, Robbie Ray, Ohtani and McCullers felt really good. And I was in the top 5 for the first half of the year, now Cueto is done for most of 2019, Ohtani is one injury away from Tommy John, McCullers could possibly have TJ surgery it looks like. 

I went from playoff hopeful to playing for 2020 in the span of a month or so.

Great owning Knebel, Allen and Rondon for closers...all 3 job statuses are "up in the air".

4th in K/9 , 4th in K/BB...yet somehow my team is 10th out of 11 teams in WHIP.....just bad luck with BABIP and stranding players all year..frustrating.

Im down 7 games at OF so i picked up another one to make up the ABs.  Saw eaton wasnt playing in game 1 pf a double header,but figured hed play on game 2 so i left him.  Check in a few hours later to see hes not playing game 2....oh and managed to pinch hit in game 1 to burn the game (0-1.)

Traded for Realmuto, the best catcher in fantasy, last week. Dirt bag hasn’t  got one hit 

Loading up on Rays hitters vs white sox and orioles pitching turning out to be a disaster. Tb making those guys look like the second coming of the 86 Mets.

Opponent has Scherzer, deGrom, Cole, Bauer and Morton...among others. I had Arrieta and Rodriguez throw gems last night. Needed dominant start out of Carrasco....

Heaney and Carrasco ended my season tonight. No hyperbole. No shock either, this year these two always seem to have a bad game when I need them most. Losers 

53 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

Heaney and Carrasco ended my season tonight. No hyperbole. No shock either, this year these two always seem to have a bad game when I need them most. Losers 

And their outings weren’t even that bad. No room for error for my team. 

Can't buy a turnaround in my pitching ratios.  They blew up just before the break when Kluber slumped badly and continued to implode when the Pirates rocked Kluber and Bieber, and now my starting pitching turns things around, only to have closers blow up the last two days to ruin a good start from Bauer (Seranthony and Smith) and then Ken Giles implodes last night.  WTF!!!!!!??????

That stretch where you're leading your league in ratios, easily, and starting to think about how to use the wire to catch up in strikeouts because of that cushion, when all your starters and relievers collectively take a dump in the same week. 8.75, 1.85 for the week. Ratios cushion -- gone.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:49 AM, KilloWertz said:

Can't buy a turnaround in my pitching ratios.  They blew up just before the break when Kluber slumped badly and continued to implode when the Pirates rocked Kluber and Bieber, and now my starting pitching turns things around, only to have closers blow up the last two days to ruin a good start from Bauer (Seranthony and Smith) and then Ken Giles implodes last night.  WTF!!!!!!??????

That last one's on you. Why would you roster Ken Giles? That's like punching yourself in the face. 

What was the deal with Dickerson? He was DTD so I started a different guy in LF. Wasn't able to check lineups and at night when I checked in he had gone with a 2 for 4 and SB, which I need...

Same BS luck.

6 hours ago, phillyphan21 said:

That last one's on you. Why would you roster Ken Giles? That's like punching yourself in the face. 

Hehe, haha, funny man.  As it turns out, sure, but he actually was a good closer before this year.  Maybe the change of scenery would have helped, and at the first sign of that not being the case, I was going to cut him.  Unfortunately he had to go out and do that rather than just a bad game.  Although I guess I deserved that comment somewhat given that I preach on here not to roster closers that don't produce good ratios.  Oh well I guess...

So 2-3 weeks ago, my closers looked rock-solid. I had Jansen and Allen anchoring my bullpen...Rondon pitching great...Barraclough in control of the 9th in Miami...Smith running away with the job in SF. 

Then Cleveland trades for Hand...Houston trades for Osuna...Barraclough forgets out to pitch...and now Jansen is going to miss a month. Ugh. 

4 hours ago, MireLurker said:

Verlander blowup followed by Eovaldi blowup :angry:

Verlander, Eovaldi, Berrios, Peralta, Velazquez here.  I feel your pain.  

I have more HR on my bench this week than I do in the lineup and I’m down by 1 Hr and 4 RBI. Playoff run, great time for me to completely s--- the bed as a manager