Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Sale not getting the QS just ended my season. You got to be Fn kidding me 

These Dodgers pitchers are going to tank my season.

Jansen out for who knows how long, don't trust Alexander to pick up the slack - seems like a committee in the making. Stripling moved to the pen and who knows what kind of limit Buehler might be on...

37 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

Sale not getting the QS just ended my season. You got to be Fn kidding me 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying anything bad about the situation.  I've had many many instances of wanting to vent in here and have had several times over, but you've said multiple times in the last week that something has ended your season.  Just pointing something out, that's all.

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying anything bad about the situation.  I've had many many instances of wanting to vent in here and have had several times over, but you've said multiple times in the last week that something has ended your season.  Just pointing something out, that's all.

Yeah, reactionary posts. See, mom is dying in hospice so I’m a little on edge. I know this is super important stuff so I hope I didn’t offend you. 

26 minutes ago, Grace17 said:

Yeah, reactionary posts. See, mom is dying in hospice so I’m a little on edge. I know this is super important stuff so I hope I didn’t offend you. 

Same thing was happening to me 2 years ago.  Its weird, but fantasy baseball was a great distraction when i needed one.  I remember being extra upset over stupid stuff,its natural..vent away!

Oh yeah..i dropped Aguilar to keep cron in may.

2 hours ago, Grace17 said:

Sorry to hear that.  You didn't offend me at all.  It was just something I noticed that you posted multiple times, that's all.

Went 10-3 to start the season.  Started telling people I was worried that my team was peaking too early and couldn't sustain that level of success.  On cue, have gone 1-4 since, including this past week I lost to an inactive owner by a margin so thin that one single sit/start decision would have won the week.

In summary: the sky is falling.

League one:  beat my opponent 8-2 this week.  Benched Sale and D-Rod because I was ahead in ERA and WHIP and didn't need any QS either.  His Keuchel, Giles, and Wade Davis combined with my Rondon and Osuna allowed him to pass me in both, and I lost 3.65 to 3.55 in ERA and 1.17 to 1.15 in WHIP.  Would have won both if I had my two starters in and swept the week.

League two:  was up 7-3 and of course the only potential pitcher I had in the night game on Sunday, Ryan Madson, blew up my ERA enough to lose that and only win 6-4.  Almost caused me to lose WHIP as well.  

Obviously neither situation is disastrous, just very frustrating.  Such is Sunday.....

Dropped Matt Carpenter back in May when he was murdering my batting average. Every time he homers I die a little inside.

Every time I read this thread my first and only thought is "glad I don't play head to head."

I feel like this is maybe the 4th or 5th time this year I have gone vs Porcello in H2H when he decides to pitch like Cy Young...:angry:

Vargas with his first QS of the year, and yes it's the first time all year I was able to stream anyone against him.

Dunno why this luck still bothers me, should be used to it, but it does.

I'm a big Sox fan and I also happen to own Ronald Acuna Jr. in a keeper league. 

Before the season I randomly picked a Sox/Braves Sunday afternoon game to take my family to Fenway Park. I was hopeful Acuna would be called up by then and sure enough he was. Then it turned out Sale was pitching that day! What luck!

Temps that day were in the low 50s, cloudy, windy, and a light rain off and on throughout the game. In April I would expect such terrible weather, but this was late May (May 27 to be exact). Brutal weather for a day game. 

Mookie Betts AND J.D. Martinez were given days off. What?! Why would they BOTH sit?

Sale turned in easily his worst start of the year: 4.2 IP, 5H, 3BB, 6 ER. 

Acuna twisted his knee in gruesome fashion beating out an infield hit and left the game in the 7th inning. 

By the time Sale was lifted the Sox were down 6-0, and they went on to lose 7-1. Is it even possible there was a worse Red Sox home game to attend all season?

Thanks for listening to my vent/rant... 

10 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I'm a big Sox fan and I also happen to own Ronald Acuna Jr. in a keeper league. 

Before the season I randomly picked a Sox/Braves Sunday afternoon game to take my family to Fenway Park. I was hopeful Acuna would be called up by then and sure enough he was. Then it turned out Sale was pitching that day! What luck!

Temps that day were in the low 50s, cloudy, windy, and a light rain off and on throughout the game. In April I would expect such terrible weather, but this was late May (May 27 to be exact). Brutal weather for a day game. 

Mookie Betts AND J.D. Martinez were given days off. What?! Why would they BOTH sit?

Sale turned in easily his worst start of the year: 4.2 IP, 5H, 3BB, 6 ER. 

Acuna twisted his knee in gruesome fashion beating out an infield hit and left the game in the 7th inning. 

By the time Sale was lifted the Sox were down 6-0, and they went on to lose 7-1. Is it even possible there was a worse Red Sox home game to attend all season?

Thanks for listening to my vent/rant... 

You're an acuna owner living in BOSTON and are complaining about anything sports related?!?!?!  Was the silver plate your caviar was served in while in your private jet not shiny enough too?

After losing 3 OFers to long term injury and domingo santana being the other one i have been forced to cobble together a bunch of 4th OFer types.  Being down 10 games at OF i decide to shrewdly pick up nimmo last night because hes playing a double header.  Plunk!!

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

After losing 3 OFers to long term injury and domingo santana being the other one i have been forced to cobble together a bunch of 4th OFer types.  Being down 10 games at OF i decide to shrewdly pick up nimmo last night because hes playing a double header.  Plunk!!

His sub had 7 rbis!!!  Ghaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Imagine owning Sale, Paxton, McCullers, Stripling and Votto all in your one big $ league. My 4 best pitchers all DL'd in less than a week.

Good bye world.

I traded severino and arenado for trout and judge... Trade was in approval process when judge got hit on his hand. Few days later trout jams his wrist and has the family situation. 

I'm super far ahead in all pitching so this still hasn't hurt me at all but never had trout in fantasy and was looking forward to it. Still in first at CBS by about 13 points fortunately 

Currently in second and playing the third place team.  Top two teams get a first round playoff bye, and I have to play the first play team in two weeks (our final regular season week).  Lose my ace (Sale) and my WW Ace (D-Rod) this week in what is currently a tightly contested pitching cat matchup.  Just @$&@!! great.....

Apparently Bumgarner and harvey switched bodies tonight.

Trout,  Judge,  Sale, Bauer, Skaggs and Morrow. In order,  the cause of my stresses lol

42 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Trout,  Judge,  Sale, Bauer, Skaggs and Morrow. In order,  the cause of my stresses lol

Ouch..good thing only your support cast was affected.

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

Ouch..good thing only your support cast was affected.

Wendle and Peralta saving my arse

On 8/14/2018 at 12:03 AM, secretcandy said:

Dropped Matt Carpenter back in May when he was murdering my batting average. Every time he homers I die a little inside.

I had him in both leagues that I play in....same. One league im killing it the other league I'm in fourth and hurting for hr/rbi.... Was first in both at the ASB and plummeted offensively,Carpenter probably would've saved that. Instead I stuck it out with JOEY VOTTO