colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Went to add Kopech after the report of him being called up and before deciding who to drop my phone dies. Once it’s charged back up I turn it back on and kopech is gone... COME ON!

Edited by Csiebert5
  • Haha 4

So who else sat pivetta at Boston and started him tonight? 

• Like 1

This is less a vent than just an oddity. But since the All-Star break I've streamed Albert Pujols in search of homers, and I promptly got a steal. This week I stream Greg Allen in search of steals, and he hits a homer in the first game. Maybe I'll stream Bartolo next week and get a save?

• Haha 5

Such a stressful time of year for me in fantasy.  Getting ready for baseball playoffs, while also having to actually pay attention to football as drafts amp up.  Don't have to deal with this overlap at the beginning of baseball season.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Such a stressful time of year for me in fantasy.  Getting ready for baseball playoffs, while also having to actually pay attention to football as drafts amp up.  Don't have to deal with this overlap at the beginning of baseball season.

Haha every year I feel this way.

Well crap today on my .. 20 team league I lost Justin Upton & Jose Abreu. Replaced by Greg Bird & Melky Cabrera. 

I fall asleep last night thinking I did the lineup and a wake up my lineup wasn’t set and Rodon pitches good and gets the win. Just my luck I’m in 4th place with the most points and a H2H league.

Edited by Dontrelle Willis

I made lineup moves last night at yahoo. Just found out they didn't save...

I am stuck with Nola on the bench.

Lost Chris Sale, James Paxton, Corey Knebel, Hector Rondon, and possibly Cody Allen after last night's game along with George Springer and Tommy Pham. Wilson Ramos barely exists too.

On top of that, facing Kendrys Morales this week.

Edited by Gryfter

^heaney proved you right

Verge of missing the playoffs!  Look at 3-6 (top 4 get in, I am 4th).  Last weekend of Reg season is here right now!!!

Davis Glove III 8112.50
Bayou Bengalz 8110.33
Playaz Club 8108.83
That's a Winner 7991.67

Thank you Blackmon for losing 200 plus points off OPS, Correa doing nothing, Sanchez doing nothing, and finally Judge missing last month plus. All that equals season over.

my team went into tank faster than this message board

same... started year 9-2 and then this happens when I lost trout, judge, correa, Bryant. have to win next week or im out

3 logo Rhody Rams Loss 2 - 8
14 logo I'mStealingTheTowels Loss 4 - 6
15 logo Amish Rake Fight Loss 2 - 6
16 logo Nomenklatura 9 Win 6 - 4
17 logo VP2 Loss 3 - 5
18 logo Abba On The Jukebox Loss 2 - 7
19 logo Save This! (250) (8) Loss 2 - 8
20 logo Lead Hill Tigers Loss 1 - 9
21 logo Death Star Bombers   3 - 7
Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

same... started year 9-2 and then this happens when I lost trout, judge, correa, Bryant. have to win next week or im out

3 logo Rhody Rams Loss 2 - 8
14 logo I'mStealingTheTowels Loss 4 - 6
15 logo Amish Rake Fight Loss 2 - 6
16 logo Nomenklatura 9 Win 6 - 4
17 logo VP2 Loss 3 - 5
18 logo Abba On The Jukebox Loss 2 - 7
19 logo Save This! (250) (8) Loss 2 - 8
20 logo Lead Hill Tigers Loss 1 - 9
21 logo Death Star Bombers   3 - 7

How do you get trout, judge, correa, Bryant all on the same team?

38 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

How do you get trout, judge, correa, Bryant all on the same team?

drafted correa and bryant

trade correa and acuna for trout when acuna was called up

traded my gleyber and Porcello to get back correa 

traded votto mikolas upton for judge

also own trea and Kershaw (moved c seager, pham, b ham preseason and moved cole for Kershaw when Kershaw went down

not that it matters as my team is in shambles without judge (need trout, Bryant, correa to give me something next week or im done)

6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

wow lost avg because yahoo just missed an at bat from Contreras? WTF? how is that possible?

Wont there be one of those "corrected stats" bulletins (that annoyingly stays on your team page for a week?) Yahoo is pretty gold for that if they mess up.

Edited by Cesare13

Are you serious!!!?  Giolito has been great since his adjustments, shuts down the Red Sox, and then I pick him up to fill out a spot in the backend of my rotation after a trade and he couldn't even get out of the second inning.  Story of my whole #$#$$ing second half of this #$#%ing season.    Can't do a damn thing to fix my ratios after implosions right before the break. Get great pitching to actually make some progress in the ratios, and then somebody goes out and lays a giant turd and there that goes. You've got to be kidding me, especially against the Tigers...................

I swear to ******** god every pitcher this year seems to go 5.2 and pitch good without a quality start or the manager leaves them out there to give up multiple hits and pull them before they get through the 6th inning as they melt down immediately after 6 IP.