colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Went to edit my lineup @ 5:35 on Monday, getting Bellinger out for Soto. Was literally 30 seconds late as rosters locked just before I set my lineup.FACK!!!

My team is currently hitting .086 right now (3-35).  Mind blowing with the roster I have right now.

I'm in the semifinals of my league's playoffs. All is going well, I'll have an 8 to 7 GS advantage for my rotation. My rotation for the week, Kluber,Corbin, Arietta,Clevinger and Cobb. Kluber goes less than 2IP, gets pulled and will not make his second start this week. Later on, Cobb gets pulled after 2IP with blister issues and looks likely he wont make his 2nd start either so I've now gone from an 8 to 7 GS advantage to a 7-4 nearly insurmountable disadvantage. Nothing like having your playoff match up end before it even really got started.

Now that's why you build a team around Paul Goldschmidt.  "Oh, your team is hitting under .100 tonight?  Here's a hit in my 1st AB to get you back over .100."  You're the man, Goldy.

Hilariously horrible hitting night update...  Now at 4-38 (.105)....

Having by far the top offense on the league hit under .200 for all of last week to get me eliminated for playoffs, only to dominate for my 5th place game, is really cruel. 

Sure, take the day off Mookie.  You too Charlie.  Wilson Contreras?  You haven't done much all year, why start now.  

Way to do it on a short schedule day during Semifinals week.  No better time... 

• Haha 3

Following up a 8-54 day with a 1-9 day so far.  Iannetta up with the bases loaded and lines out to Goldschmidt.  What the f#@ ever....

I needed a good line from Marquez tonight.  That does not appear to be happening 

2 hours ago, beauso79 said:

I needed a good line from Marquez tonight.  That does not appear to be happening 

Ended up with an OK line, just the Rockies can't buy a run in SF so far this series.

Edited by murraygd13

Semi-finals on the line today, need offense and Jose Ramirez and Tommy Pham not in their lineups... wtf. And Nimmo is facing Sale so that could be an 0-fer too.

25 minutes ago, supac720 said:

Semi-finals on the line today, need offense and Jose Ramirez and Tommy Pham not in their lineups... wtf. And Nimmo is facing Sale so that could be an 0-fer too.

Take heart Sale is on a pitch count. I went with Conforto today because of that (not that little tidbit of information should help you).

Leclerc not being used may have just cost me a chance at the f***ing championship game.  Stripling still has to pitch a QS.  But if he gets it, they save would have propelled me to a huge comeback win and spot in the final.  Absolute horse ****

2 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Leclerc not being used may have just cost me a chance at the f***ing championship game.  Stripling still has to pitch a QS.  But if he gets it, they save would have propelled me to a huge comeback win and spot in the final.  Absolute horse ****

That really sucks.

Them not using Leclerc also cost me a win since I had Minor and every win is a big deal for me to hold onto 1st place.  I think he would have survived being used a third day in a row.  Or maybe they shouldn't have used him for work when it wasn't even that long since he last pitched and then he would have been available.

Trying to catch a guy in saves in roto. I have FIVE closers,he has 2. This has been the case for a month.  In 30 days,i have gained -1 saves on him.

• Like 2

Championship round and I have Mookie, Gallo as DTD. And I have Story who's season likely is done. My hitting is what has been carrying me all year and now a good chunk of it is out.

1 hour ago, GC Tacos said:

Lost Trevor Story, Asdrubel Cabrera and Eddie Rosario on the first day of the championship round ?

Ouch. Why doesnt it ever happen to the other guy?

• Like 1

Really Nola? Can’t even QS the damn Mets? You let Matz homer and give up 2 hits to the cerebral .210 hittin’ Dominic Smith?

I’m done.

• Like 1