colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

4 SP thus far. 0 QS. Less than a k/IP.  ERA hovering around 6.  WHIP around 1.50.

2nd place here I come.  f--- the following dip****s:

wheeler

holland

rodon.

thanks for nothing you worthless ****bags.

8 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

5 days in a row my guys havent cracked .200. Come on man!

It's like most everybody but a handful of guys we don't own have hung it up already.  It's ridiculous when you can follow up a good hitting day with an absolutely dreadful one.  I've lost track of how many single digit .200 or below hitting days I've had in the second half of this season.  That is something that almost never happened unless you had a completely awful team.  Yeah, maybe you had a day where you got basically no HRs and hardly any counting stats, but not this.  It's the main reason why I sadly can't wait for the season to be over.

I have Goldschmidt, J.Ramirez, Suarez, Lindor, J.D. Martinez, Merrifield, a red hot Conforto, T. White, Villar, and a mostly hot A.Rosario and I followed up a 18/52 (.308) day with a 8/49 (.163) day with 3 Runs, 0 HRs, and 2 RBIs.  This is far from an isolated incident too.  There's obviously more to my roster, but you get the idea.

• Like 3

Getting trounced in the 3 week playoff (4 teams, total points scenario).  Just hope to salvage 3rd by some miracle.

I had a good run until this year.  The new guy is a ringer and killing it.

7 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

It's like most everybody but a handful of guys we don't own have hung it up already.  It's ridiculous when you can follow up a good hitting day with an absolutely dreadful one.  I've lost track of how many single digit .200 or below hitting days I've had in the second half of this season.  That is something that almost never happened unless you had a completely awful team.  Yeah, maybe you had a day where you got basically no HRs and hardly any counting stats, but not this.  It's the main reason why I sadly can't wait for the season to be over.

I have Goldschmidt, J.Ramirez, Suarez, Lindor, J.D. Martinez, Merrifield, a red hot Conforto, T. White, Villar, and a mostly hot A.Rosario and I followed up a 18/52 (.308) day with a 8/49 (.163) day with 3 Runs, 0 HRs, and 2 RBIs.  This is far from an isolated incident too.  There's obviously more to my roster, but you get the idea.

No no no...the guy im competing with is able to hit well over .300 every day and have anibal sanchez outpitch madbum. Nobody over on that side of the fence seems to have hung it up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

4 SP thus far. 0 QS. Less than a k/IP.  ERA hovering around 6.  WHIP around 1.50.

2nd place here I come.  f--- the following dip****s:

wheeler

holland

rodon.

thanks for nothing you worthless ****bags.

5 SP thus far.  0 QS.  ERA still hovering around 6.

add flaherty to the list.

bats ice cold.

just absolutely embarassing showing in the championship.

5 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

No no no...the guy im competing with is able to hit well over .300 every day and have anibal sanchez outpitch madbum. Nobody over on that side of the fence seems to have hung it up.

Ok, maybe I was a bit off, but everything else I said after the first sentence about people hanging it up still applies unfortunately.

I'm still not sure how my team with the players I listed is struggling to get any sort of positive consistency for several weeks now.  I'm sure your team is pretty well off roster wise too, otherwise you wouldn't be frustrated as well.

I wish I was able to count down the days until the end of the season because of just wanting to hang on and win, but it's still more just me wanting it to end just so I don't have bother dealing with all of this season's bs anymore.

Good luck.  I hope your team still ends up winning if it's in a position to.  It'd just be nice to be able to actually enjoy it all.

• Thanks 1

Start Clevinger in a weekly playoff matchup and now he's not starting until 9/26....meanwhile Burucki on my bench with 33 pts and another start.

????

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Ok, maybe I was a bit off, but everything else I said after the first sentence about people hanging it up still applies unfortunately.

I'm still not sure how my team with the players I listed is struggling to get any sort of positive consistency for several weeks now.  I'm sure your team is pretty well off roster wise too, otherwise you wouldn't be frustrated as well.

I wish I was able to count down the days until the end of the season because of just wanting to hang on and win, but it's still more just me wanting it to end just so I don't have bother dealing with all of this season's bs anymore.

Good luck.  I hope your team still ends up winning if it's in a position to.  It'd just be nice to be able to actually enjoy it all.

Ha! Thanks. Right back at you buddy. Not sure about you,but my situation is like a marathon where me and the other guy have only 400 m to go after 26 miles.  He is handed a cup of gatorade and im shackled with a ball and chain....now theres 300m to go.  After 6 days of absolute garbage (other than my new man crush Blake Snell who never dissapoints) im starting to worry about the guy behind me.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Ha! Thanks. Right back at you buddy. Not sure about you,but my situation is like a marathon where me and the other guy have only 400 m to go after 26 miles.  He is handed a cup of gatorade and im shackled with a ball and chain....now theres 300m to go.  After 6 days of absolute garbage (other than my new man crush Blake Snell who never dissapoints) im starting to worry about the guy behind me.  

No problem.

I've actually been in first place for months now, but my lead did start to dwindle a bit right before the All-Star break when a couple of pitchers and almost all of my closers imploded.  Now my pitching is pretty solid for the most part aside from me giving up on closers (Walker Buehler would be my Blake Snell right now I suppose).  Like you, like I said earlier, the offense is the issue, and it's obviously not due to lack of highly ranked players.  Even tonight, it looks solid on the surface with a .324 average (11/34), but it's about as hollow as it can get (0 Runs, 0 HR's, 3 RBI's).  If it wasn't for Astudillo and Rosario, I would have nothing at all.  The only saving grace is I've managed to put together enough guys that I usually get a couple of steals a day (Rosario with 2 tonight).

The Astros and Indians hitters looking like minor leaguers against Dylan Covey and a whole bunch of Mariners relievers…..It's embarrassing.

Some of these hitters aren't even trying anymore. They're already looking ahead to the postseason. Waiver wire hitters are doing better.

• Haha 1

Bauer and Sale are killing me.  Stupid keeper h2h. Can't drop em as i have to keep em, can't use em for anything at 3ip per start.  

On 9/19/2018 at 1:44 PM, crotchcrickets said:

5 SP thus far.  0 QS.  ERA still hovering around 6.

add flaherty to the list.

bats ice cold.

just absolutely embarassing showing in the championship.

7 pitchers. 1 QS. ERA still floating around 6.

thabns shoemaker!

at this point I’m not even mad.  I’m impressed.  

My offense can f--- off though.  

38 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Piscotty is single handily beating my whole team ?

Brother, I hear you. The guy that had EVERYTHING go right for him this year,picked up piscotty like 4 days ago. Argh!!!!! Enough!!!! Seriously....enough!  

Close race for first. Last week I start Voit and Laureano. Get next to nothing, figure their mojo might be gone, bench them this week. Now they're collectively launching homers, stealing bags and driving in runs left and right from my bench. Jerks.