colepenhagen

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

Thanks Mets. For sitting Rosario two nights in a row. Because the immortal legend Jose Reyes really ******** needs to hit lead off one last time. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I think last night was partially because of Wright "starting" since Rosario came in right after Wright's lone AB.  I wish I would have known that then as he stole 2 bases, but today is solely because this will likely be the last game ever for Reyes as a Met.  Just play him at 3B if they wanted to do that like they did last night.  No reason not to play Rosario.

Edited by KilloWertz

throwing this in here too

OMG

I WAS WINNING MY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME BY 1 STEAL AND JOEY FREAKING WENDLE AND WHIT MERRIFIELD JUST HAD TO GO AND STEAL IN THE 8TH/9thINNING OF THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

OMG

I WAS WINNING MY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME BY 1 STEAL AND JOEY FREAKING WENDLE AND WHIT MERRIFIELD JUST HAD TO GO AND STEAL IN THE 8TH/9thINNING OF THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON

Even though I'm happy that Whit got what he did, I'm still sorry that you might have lost because of 1 SB.  I'll blame it on Wendle.

Lost my Dynasty league 7-6-1.

The turning cat was average which he won with a.279*. To make it worse he went 17/26 and I was 4/25

• Like 1

In my big money league, with a 4-figure payout difference between 1st and 2nd, my team surged back in several needed categories with a 1.33 ERA and a pile of steals. I beat the odds to go into the last day tied for first.

i wound up missing 1st by about .0001 in batting average. Or a single steal plus a strikeout. And I was laid off from my job a few weeks ago, so I really could have used the extra $$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

Lost my Dynasty league 7-6-1.

The turning cat was average which he won with a.279*. To make it worse he went 17/26 and I was 4/25

Man...sorry buddy,thats one of the worsr ones ive ever seen.

To all the relievers and "closers" that blew wins for my SPs this year. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Buehler pitches on Sunday I would’ve won.  Probably, even if Nats let Scherzer pitch.    In another league, I lost because Rich Hill got a win.    That whole NL West tie, cost me 2 chips

I had Buehler and Scherzer, both were set to go, Sunday in one league and I lost 6-4 and ERA   3.76 to 3.69,     WHIP   1.23 - 1.27   and,    wins 4-3    I owned tie breaker.   I just needed to win 1 of those

other league I lost 5 - 4  and lost wins  3-2   he owned Rich Hill who was not scheduled to start.   I owned tie breaker.      

cost me several $$$$$$$

Edited by Ratso1022

On 9/30/2018 at 12:42 PM, DidiFan said:

Thanks Mets. For sitting Rosario two nights in a row. Because the immortal legend Jose Reyes really ******** needs to hit lead off one last time. 

giphy.gif

he just missed 1 AB each game   he didn't sit.   Rosario went 1 for 6 with 2 SB last 2 games    i got it,  my guess is you benched him because you saw he wasn't in starting lineup.   right?

Edited by Ratso1022

On 9/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, KilloWertz said:

I think last night was partially because of Wright "starting" since Rosario came in right after Wright's lone AB.  I wish I would have known that then as he stole 2 bases, but today is solely because this will likely be the last game ever for Reyes as a Met.  Just play him at 3B if they wanted to do that like they did last night.  No reason not to play Rosario.

Wright had 2 AB    one was a walk

On 9/30/2018 at 6:04 PM, jfazz23 said:

OMG

ouch, bro    :o

Won my keeper league, but had to trade away Snell, Acuna, Baez, and Guerrero Jr to do it. Thrill of winning is wearing off and I'm thinking of the hit I took over the next few years...

nCy7PTz.gif

25 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Won my keeper league, but had to trade away Snell, Acuna, Baez, and Guerrero Jr to do it. Thrill of winning is wearing off and I'm thinking of the hit I took over the next few years...

Eh, I'd rather be you than the guy who's always trying to build a dynasty but never quite does what it takes to win.

3 hours ago, Ratso1022 said:

he just missed 1 AB each game   he didn't sit.   Rosario went 1 for 6 with 2 SB last 2 games    i got it,  my guess is you benched him because you saw he wasn't in starting lineup.   right?

Yes exactly that post was an over reaction when I saw he was out of starting lineup. I later saw that Reyes would come out after one AB. I was a bit testy admittedly because I was in a really tight race in a roto league on the final day and one SB away from another point. 

When you Drop Ryan Braun on the 21st of September because he had missed 3 straight with a bad back. Waivers clear and he proceeds to hit 5 homers to end the year. And you check your final roto stats and see that you were 3 home runs away from Winning first Place. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

When you Drop Ryan Braun on the 21st of September because he had missed 3 straight with a bad back. Waivers clear and he proceeds to hit 5 homers to end the year. And you check your final roto stats and see that you were 3 home runs away from Winning first Place. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Yes exactly that post was an over reaction when I saw he was out of starting lineup. I later saw that Reyes would come out after one AB. I was a bit testy admittedly because I was in a really tight race in a roto league on the final day and one SB away from another point. 

that sucks.   I'd have done same thing.   I guess most of us would've.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

giphy.gif

i dropped him around same time.  it was the right move.   he was hardly playing.   we all thought the back issue would persist rest of the year.  plus they had the reserves.  i don't think this cost me anything, sorry if it cost you.    btw.   i kept using him in my NL only weekly league.  there were no other 1B's to replace him with.  He helped me win that league.   I guess it helped me overlook the league I dropped him in.  

• Like 1

I dropped Marcell Ozuna when he came off DL, in the same league Buehler and Scherzer were scratched game 162.   Worse yet, my opponent, in the finals picked him up.  Just a further punch in the nose   2 runs, HR, 3 RBI, .389 BA   

the last week  other than that    7 HR  19  RBI   .319  in September

Edited by Ratso1022

I was 1 HR short of finishing in the money in my 5x5 league - Judge does close to nothing the last week and I finish out of the money - leads off 1st playoff game with a HR    :angry: