Arrowhead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Watson outlook in the last week...

Wed: "ugh I need a QB, this guy is toast"

Thu: "Wow, what a stud QB1 ROS"

Fri: "Ugh lost Fuller. I don't know if he can be a QB1 with only Hopkins"

Today: "DT! He may not be Fuller but with him & Coutee coming back I think hes a definite QB1 ROS"

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Today: "DT! He may not be Fuller but with him & Coutee coming back I think hes a definite QB1 ROS"

You share my sentiments

2 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Thomas is better than a practice squad player or forcing Keke out of position.

but this guy is NOT Fuller, DT is more like a TE these days. 

Hell, even if they put DT in the TE position, it would still be an upgrade over no Fuller and a limping Keke. 

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

If you had him paired up with Jameis it was a full sharknado

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

If you had him paired up with Jameis it was a full sharknado

I'll do you one better. Not only did I have him paired with Winston, I actually traded for him Wednesday to start him over Watson.

Broncos starting CB Bradley Roby and FS Darien Stewart were both just ruled out for Sunday. Still not too confident in his atrocity of an o-line being able to block Miller/Chubb, but this at least raises his floor.

43 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Broncos starting CB Bradley Roby and FS Darien Stewart were both just ruled out for Sunday. Still not too confident in his atrocity of an o-line being able to block Miller/Chubb, but this at least raises his floor.

Yea if he can get any semblance of protection, he should be fine. Could easily see Miller and Chubb being game breakers in this one though 

I’m loving Watson ROS!  Here comes some big time YAC, DT will get his without a doubt, Keke gets great separation and will be catching most balls on the move and Hopkins is sick! Add 3 TEs that can run and some decent RBs. Yeah Watson will pop some long runs too and for me that’s more than enough. 

Would love to see him go on a tear the way he started last year. That would be lovely. Losing Fuller hurts, but I do believe that Watson is the kind of talent that can produce numbers despite who is starting at the skills positions by his side

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Would love to see him go on a tear the way he started last year. That would be lovely. Losing Fuller hurts, but I do believe that Watson is the kind of talent that can produce numbers despite who is starting at the skills positions by his side

Be very very careful using this word regarding Watson.

Totally agree, to start a career Mahomes, Marino and Watson top 3 best starts. Can’t argue it’s a great start. Stock on the rise! It’s insane that his ceiling is so high like Mahomes. I’m pretty sure we have seen the best of most QBs already but the super studs PM and DW are in the process of changing the position. If Cam had any touch he could have set the bar fairly high but these cats are such professionals and honing their craft. The new NFL is taking shape.

Watson is a baller no doubt. Definitely a set it and forget it player regardless of the opponent and location. I think that’s the general consensus in regards to Watson especially in this thread. I’m down with that since I believe he’s the real deal. 

There’s just 1 concern I have this week. A major one (to me). 

Altitude. 

https://www.stack.com/a/denvers-edge-how-altitude-provides-their-teams-with-the-greatest-home-field-advantage-in-sports

I don’t think Watson played any college games at elevation so I’ll be curious to see how he reacts to his first game at Mile high. 

37 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Kind of weird how the team wouldn't let him fly two weeks ago due to altitude and no mention of it as a concern this week. 

Jets cruise above 30000 feet. Denver is 5100-5600’. 

Archived