Rotoworld.com Forums

Deshaun Watson 2018 Outlook

Arrowhead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Its true to say that if you drafted Watson in rnds 4-7 you probably reached in hopes of him duplicating what he did last year.  You were probably disappointed throughout the season, but perhaps this week 16 performance put you over in the playoffs. 

Yes, Watson plays pretty smart. He lost a lot of offensive weapons this year, terrible line, but he still finds a way to make the best of it. The fumble today had me thinking maybe 20 points was it for today, but he pressed on to end with 36 in ESPN. Those 2 rushing TDs are like 3 passing TDs.

20 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Its true to say that if you drafted Watson in rnds 4-7 you probably reached in hopes of him duplicating what he did last year.  You were probably disappointed throughout the season, but perhaps this week 16 performance put you over in the playoffs. 

Into the win!

He really wasnt disappointing during the season. Hes been pretty consistent

58 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Unfortunately my team with Watson wasn’t in the playoffs.  He wasn’t horrible during the year but definitely a disappointment.

What do folks think of him for 2019?  Were the OL issues due to injuries or is the OL just bad? 

2 hours ago, ZappB said:

Unfortunately my team with Watson wasn’t in the playoffs.  He wasn’t horrible during the year but definitely a disappointment.

What do folks think of him for 2019?  Were the OL issues due to injuries or is the OL just bad? 

I think he's a stud but it really depends on their defense if he's a stud fantasy QB. Still obviously a qb1.

2 hours ago, ZappB said:

Stud. He just got off to a slow start because of injury

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Thank you Watson for coming through the most when I needed you.  Somehow swung a Tom Brady for Watson trade back in week 10 or 11.  

He's a stud.  I never draft QB's early, but I am so glad I picked him in the 6th round this year.  He came through when it mattered most.  

One of the best and brightest futures in football. He will be a top ten all time player if he avoids injury. Just a few guys to have a better start to a career (Warner, Mahomes and Marino) he’s just scratched the surface of his ability to play in the NFL and I think this is a great measuring stick for what’s to come. Cam was at his best his rookie season and then everyone realizes he can’t make half the throws= he Dante Culpepper. Watson is going to be a pure QB who will make all the throws and has great speed when needed. Furthermore I think a bad coaching philosophy or game plan is holding him back. Just imagine if the offense wasn’t so stagnet. Seems like they only play fast and loose is when trailing. They need to put the game away early and play fast and loose all 4 quarters. No need to play mistake free football when you can score at will.

Archived