Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Deshaun Watson 2018 Outlook


Arrowhead

Recommended Posts

On 12/24/2018 at 11:04 AM, akooreman180 said:

Watson’s going to be a steal next year with Fuller healthy. He will be overshadowed by Mahomes too which might give him a lower ADP.

I hope people still put Rodgers/Brady over him 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

I think his performance under expectation puts him as a steal going into next year. Somewhere around 8-10th QB off the board, and could easily be vastly improved if the Texans sure up the line through FA and the Draft. 

Why would a young top 5 QB, that wasn't at 100% most of the year, fall to the 8th QB off the board?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Why would a young top 5 QB, that wasn't at 100% most of the year, fall to the 8th QB off the board?

 

Because most leagues view the QB position as a throwaway position.

 

Look at where guys like Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees went this year....Usually later than the 8th.  While it seemed like Watson was always going a couple rounds ahead of those guys.

 

Next year all those guys will likely go ahead of Watson and he'll turn into the value pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

Because most leagues view the QB position as a throwaway position.

 

Look at where guys like Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees went this year....Usually later than the 8th.  While it seemed like Watson was always going a couple rounds ahead of those guys.

 

Next year all those guys will likely go ahead of Watson and he'll turn into the value pick.

I'm thinking Watson is the 2nd QB off the board after mahommes. Mahommes will probably go 3rd/4th and Watson 4th/5th

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

 

Because most leagues view the QB position as a throwaway position.

 

Look at where guys like Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees went this year....Usually later than the 8th.  While it seemed like Watson was always going a couple rounds ahead of those guys.

 

Next year all those guys will likely go ahead of Watson and he'll turn into the value pick.

 

Correct. I owned him this year and overpaid. There was a stretch of 6 games he didnt throw the ball over 24 times and was producing QB2 numbers. He started to come back on the last few games. He is Currently the QB 8 this year, and realistically without Cam sitting, Trubisky sitting, and the combo of Fitz/Winston played more like the QB11. 

 

I think he is better then that. But I think people probably take

 

Mahomes, Luck, Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Newton and Brady ahead of him minimum. Ben and Matt Ryan also had strong years but we know they ride the roller coaster. 

 

I like Watson, Garrapollo, Trubisky and I might puke in my mouth a little Goff and Cousins as value QB's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

 

Correct. I owned him this year and overpaid. There was a stretch of 6 games he didnt throw the ball over 24 times and was producing QB2 numbers. He started to come back on the last few games. He is Currently the QB 8 this year, and realistically without Cam sitting, Trubisky sitting, and the combo of Fitz/Winston played more like the QB11. 

 

I think he is better then that. But I think people probably take

 

Mahomes, Luck, Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Newton and Brady ahead of him minimum. Ben and Matt Ryan also had strong years but we know they ride the roller coaster. 

 

I like Watson, Garrapollo, Trubisky and I might puke in my mouth a little Goff and Cousins as value QB's. 

Bree's the soon to be 40 year old QB who just threw less than 4K yards for the first time in 13 years?

 

Brady the soon to be 42 year old QB who just threw his lowest td total since 2013?

 

Those 2 I think for sure should be after Watson.

 

you could make a case for the others but I bet Houston fixes the oline so Watson isnt running for his life and getting his a** kicked every game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

 

Correct. I owned him this year and overpaid. There was a stretch of 6 games he didnt throw the ball over 24 times and was producing QB2 numbers. He started to come back on the last few games. He is Currently the QB 8 this year, and realistically without Cam sitting, Trubisky sitting, and the combo of Fitz/Winston played more like the QB11. 

 

I think he is better then that. But I think people probably take

 

Mahomes, Luck, Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Newton and Brady ahead of him minimum. Ben and Matt Ryan also had strong years but we know they ride the roller coaster. 

 

I like Watson, Garrapollo, Trubisky and I might puke in my mouth a little Goff and Cousins as value QB's. 

 

What kind of scoring does your league have? He finished 4th for my 4pt passing TD league and 10th in my 6pt passing TD league that gives bonsues to 300 yard games. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RicFlair said:

 

What kind of scoring does your league have? He finished 4th for my 4pt passing TD league and 10th in my 6pt passing TD league that gives bonsues to 300 yard games. 

 

5th in my league

Link to post
Share on other sites

Were 1 pt per 20 yards, 1 point per 10 completions, 3 pt bonus at 300, 4 at 400, 5 at 500. 6 pt TD's. 

 

Name value for Brady and Brees coming off a nice year...argument for TB can be made, Brees....I dont know. 

 

Listen I owned him this year and ponied up to get him and I am huge Texans fan...so I am in your corner with loving him. But If I am going to pay #2 money for him I will just buck up #1 money and grab Mahomes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

 

Because most leagues view the QB position as a throwaway position.

 

Look at where guys like Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees went this year....Usually later than the 8th.  While it seemed like Watson was always going a couple rounds ahead of those guys.

 

Next year all those guys will likely go ahead of Watson and he'll turn into the value pick.

go back...re-read

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RicFlair said:

 

What kind of scoring does your league have? He finished 4th for my 4pt passing TD league and 10th in my 6pt passing TD league that gives bonsues to 300 yard games. 

 

4th in my league

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...