Arrowhead

Deshaun Watson 2018 Outlook

On 12/24/2018 at 11:04 AM, akooreman180 said:

Watson’s going to be a steal next year with Fuller healthy. He will be overshadowed by Mahomes too which might give him a lower ADP.

I hope people still put Rodgers/Brady over him 

34 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I hope people still put Rodgers/Brady over him 

Maybe Rodgers. I don’t think Brady will be ranked above him though.

• Like 1

I've had this guy pegged as my QB for the 2019 season for a few weeks now.  I just hope his ADP is reasonable.

I think his performance under expectation puts him as a steal going into next year. Somewhere around 8-10th QB off the board, and could easily be vastly improved if the Texans sure up the line through FA and the Draft. 

14 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

I think his performance under expectation puts him as a steal going into next year. Somewhere around 8-10th QB off the board, and could easily be vastly improved if the Texans sure up the line through FA and the Draft. 

Why would a young top 5 QB, that wasn't at 100% most of the year, fall to the 8th QB off the board?

28 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Why would a young top 5 QB, that wasn't at 100% most of the year, fall to the 8th QB off the board?

Because most leagues view the QB position as a throwaway position.

Look at where guys like Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees went this year....Usually later than the 8th.  While it seemed like Watson was always going a couple rounds ahead of those guys.

Next year all those guys will likely go ahead of Watson and he'll turn into the value pick.

37 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Look at where guys like Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees went this year....Usually later than the 8th.  While it seemed like Watson was always going a couple rounds ahead of those guys.

Next year all those guys will likely go ahead of Watson and he'll turn into the value pick.

I'm thinking Watson is the 2nd QB off the board after mahommes. Mahommes will probably go 3rd/4th and Watson 4th/5th

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Correct. I owned him this year and overpaid. There was a stretch of 6 games he didnt throw the ball over 24 times and was producing QB2 numbers. He started to come back on the last few games. He is Currently the QB 8 this year, and realistically without Cam sitting, Trubisky sitting, and the combo of Fitz/Winston played more like the QB11. 

I think he is better then that. But I think people probably take

Mahomes, Luck, Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Newton and Brady ahead of him minimum. Ben and Matt Ryan also had strong years but we know they ride the roller coaster. 

I like Watson, Garrapollo, Trubisky and I might puke in my mouth a little Goff and Cousins as value QB's. 

Edited by mpat15

34 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

Correct. I owned him this year and overpaid. There was a stretch of 6 games he didnt throw the ball over 24 times and was producing QB2 numbers. He started to come back on the last few games. He is Currently the QB 8 this year, and realistically without Cam sitting, Trubisky sitting, and the combo of Fitz/Winston played more like the QB11. 

Mahomes, Luck, Rogers, Brees, Wilson, Newton and Brady ahead of him minimum. Ben and Matt Ryan also had strong years but we know they ride the roller coaster. 

I like Watson, Garrapollo, Trubisky and I might puke in my mouth a little Goff and Cousins as value QB's. 

Bree's the soon to be 40 year old QB who just threw less than 4K yards for the first time in 13 years?

Brady the soon to be 42 year old QB who just threw his lowest td total since 2013?

Those 2 I think for sure should be after Watson.

you could make a case for the others but I bet Houston fixes the oline so Watson isnt running for his life and getting his a** kicked every game 

37 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

What kind of scoring does your league have? He finished 4th for my 4pt passing TD league and 10th in my 6pt passing TD league that gives bonsues to 300 yard games. 

4 minutes ago, RicFlair said:

What kind of scoring does your league have? He finished 4th for my 4pt passing TD league and 10th in my 6pt passing TD league that gives bonsues to 300 yard games. 

5th in my league

• Like 1

ESPN released their early cheat sheet for 2019. Watson is pegged the second overall QB by them. 

Whether you agree with that ranking or not, it's going to drive up his price. 

Were 1 pt per 20 yards, 1 point per 10 completions, 3 pt bonus at 300, 4 at 400, 5 at 500. 6 pt TD's. 

Name value for Brady and Brees coming off a nice year...argument for TB can be made, Brees....I dont know. 

Listen I owned him this year and ponied up to get him and I am huge Texans fan...so I am in your corner with loving him. But If I am going to pay #2 money for him I will just buck up #1 money and grab Mahomes. 

Edited by mpat15

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

go back...re-read

1 hour ago, RicFlair said:

4th in my league