fakespike

Austin Ekeler 2018 Outlook

Still thinking rivers airs it out. Maybe if you're an underdog and need a big day you roll him out if MG sits

8 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:

Any chance Justin Jackson gets some looks here ?

Absolutely. Chargers have not used him much at all this season and probably want to see what hes got but I doubt it will be enough the really effect Ekeler's fantasy production. 

10 hours ago, ragrag said:

As a MG owner, I'm just so thankful on this Friday after Thanksgiving that the Ekeler owner dropped him to pick up a bye week fill-in and I had priority.  Have been wanting to cuff MG properly all damn season.

Same, I scooped up Dez Bryant on his 1 day in the NFL and traded him for Ekeler to finally get the cuff.

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Didnt he have a TD called back vs TEN?

Probably....seems like he’s had 3 or 4 of those this year

3 hours ago, Guwop said:

Still thinking rivers airs it out. Maybe if you're an underdog and need a big day you roll him out if MG sits

Totally possible but the cards weakness has been in run defense....definitely a favorable matchup for ekeler.  As a Gordon owner, I’ll happily plug ekeler in with slightly lowered expectations.  My biggets disappointment is that I traded Zeke 3 weeks ago to get Gordon following that Dallas vs Tennessee game.  Whoops

Any of you Gordon owners just rolling with Ekeler this week instead of Gordon, even if Gordon is declared able to play? I'm worried MG will be limited at best and that they'll just roll with Ekeler and see how the game's going. What are the rest of you doing? 

16 minutes ago, PeteM said:

Totally possible but the cards weakness has been in run defense....definitely a favorable matchup for ekeler.  As a Gordon owner, I’ll happily plug ekeler in with slightly lowered expectations.  My biggets disappointment is that I traded Zeke 3 weeks ago to get Gordon following that Dallas vs Tennessee game.  Whoops

Yea he'll have a shot to put up numbers if Gordon sits. Bad thing is that it's a late game. If the chargers are gonna sit him they better do it before noon on Sunday  

29 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Any of you Gordon owners just rolling with Ekeler this week instead of Gordon, even if Gordon is declared able to play? I'm worried MG will be limited at best and that they'll just roll with Ekeler and see how the game's going. What are the rest of you doing? 

Same dilemma and don’t know yet.  If Gordon plays, I think I have to start him, but can totally understand rolling ekeler instead given the situation and matchup.  Hoping Gordon just sits it out to avoid that decision.  Rest up that knee and hammy for the stretch run

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, metalmat said:

Absolutely. Chargers have not used him much at all this season and probably want to see what hes got but I doubt it will be enough the really effect Ekeler's fantasy production. 

Feeling like Jackson could be a dark horse this week, especially if the chargers are up early.

Is Ekeler an auto-start if Gordon sits? His production was crap against Tenn but I think that was due to game flow. Home to the cards should be much juicier. I'm thinking if I don't start him this week, I'll probably just drop him because what's the use having him if I don't start him v arizona with Gordon gone. I'll probably start Ekeler this week, I'd be sickened if he racked up a huge score on my bench, more sickened than my other options (Boyd and J.Gordon)

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Is Ekeler an auto-start if Gordon sits? His production was crap against Tenn but I think that was due to game flow. Home to the cards should be much juicier. I'm thinking if I don't start him this week, I'll probably just drop him because what's the use having him if I don't start him v arizona with Gordon gone. I'll probably start Ekeler this week, I'd be sickened if he racked up a huge score on my bench, more sickened than my other options (Boyd and J.Gordon)

Yes he’s an auto start he is dynamic with the ball. It’s not like he wasn’t used he had 17 touches in 45 plays. The chargers had the ball under 20 mins for the game. He will be good for 100 total yards and ants and 4 catches tomorrow 

• Thanks 2

Welp, looks like Gordon is going to start. 

shzcHrH.gif

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Melvin Gordon (questionable, hamstring/knee) "plans" to play Week 12 against the Cardinals.
There was some thought Gordon would sit out for maintenance purposes against an inferior opponent, but apparently he convinced the coaching staff to let him play. Even at less than 100 percent, Gordon will be a must-start in a can't-miss home matchup against the Cardinals. Austin Ekeler would have been an enticing RB2/low-cost DFS play had Gordon sat out, but now he's not an option. Nov 25 - 7:44 AM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is still a really good match up. In 1/2 or 1pt PPR he is flex-worthy this week.

17 minutes ago, devaster said:

It is still a really good match up. In 1/2 or 1pt PPR he is flex-worthy this week.

I would say he is still flex worthy. If Chargers are up big in second half, he’ll get good usage, especially with Gordon a bit gimpy

Edited by Conscious Pilot

I think the chargers brought back Melvin Gordon too early. Theres no way they make that mistake again. I could see him being out for several weeks, if not longer, not sure what he tweaked or reinjured today. Especially if they continue to win, all the more incentive to bring him back slowly for playoffs. Ekeler is a high upside RB2 until further notice. 

If Gordon misses 3-4 weeks Ekeler is an auto start. I was down on him before but as long as they don't play the titans each week he could win you some FF playoff games 

Edited by Guwop

4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I think the chargers brought back Melvin Gordon too early. Theres no way they make that mistake again. I could see him being out for several weeks, if not longer, not sure what he tweaked or reinjured today. Especially if they continue to win, all the more incentive to bring him back slowly for playoffs. Ekeler is a high upside RB2 until further notice. 

they didnt bring him back too early, he didn't re-injure himself, he had a completely different injury in a freak manor

5 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

they didnt bring him back too early, he didn't re-injure himself, he had a completely different injury in a freak manor

Actually they did bring him back too early.  What typically happens for players is their bodies try to compensate for current injuries and they create new injuries.   

It happens all the time. 

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Actually they did bring him back too early.  What typically happens for players is their bodies try to compensate for current injuries and they create new injuries.   

It happens all the time. 

except that is not what happened even in the slightest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

except that is not what happened even in the slightest

I get arguing that they didn't bring him back too soon.. But how can you say that's not "even in the slightest" of what happened when it was reported he had to convince the coaching staff to let him play?  That fact alone is enough to say maybe they brought him back too soon. It's not some outlandish claim like you're making it out to be. 

Edited by Biw

18 minutes ago, Biw said:

I get arguing that they didn't bring him back too soon.. But how can you say that's not "even in the slightest" of what happened when it was reported he had to convince the coaching staff to let him play?  That fact alone is enough to say maybe they brought him back too soon. It's not some outlandish claim like you're making it out to be. 

I think he is pointing to the specific play he got injured on. It was an awful play call that left Gordon kind of vulnerable and he got hit awkwardly. I don't care how healthy you are getting hit in your plant leg like that can do some serious damage. Early speculation is its an MCL injury and not season ending but Chargers could/should be more cautious in bringing him back. All in all playing him at less than 100% against the Cardinals probably wasn't the smartest move but the specific play he got injured on didn't seem to have any direct tie to his previous hamstring and left knee ailments. 

Ds46675VAAACPXc.jpg

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 2