fakespike

Austin Ekeler 2018 Outlook

21 hours ago, Guwop said:

Definitely trending to be a better version of Lindsay without competition as long as the offense keeps up the production 

I'd argue he's a worse version of Lindsay without competition but that's still not bad at all. I know people hate it when I say this, but just going by the eye test, Lindsay is a far more dynamic runner than Ekeler is. It isn't terribly close IMO. But that said, as long as Ekeler is productive enough to fend off Jackson he'll be in that 12-15 RB range until Gordon returns.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd argue he's a worse version of Lindsay without competition but that's still not bad at all. I know people hate it when I say this, but just going by the eye test, Lindsay is a far more dynamic runner than Ekeler is. It isn't terribly close IMO. But that said, as long as Ekeler is productive enough to fend off Jackson he'll be in that 12-15 RB range until Gordon returns.

Bold statement for a player like Ekeler who has been at a Kamara-like efficiency level his first two seasons backing up Gordon.

Give me Ekeler with the lead gig over Lindsay any day. The Chargers offense with Rivers is a lot more productive. Even if Lindsay were the better back, which might be by a small margin, Ekeler will have a lot more scoring opportunities and chances for points.

• Like 3

Ekeler is not better than Lindsay running the ball, he is a great catcher of the ball though. We have not seen the best of Lindsay but I’m sure we have already seen the best of Ekeler.

4 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Ekeler is not better than Lindsay running the ball, he is a great catcher of the ball though. We have not seen the best of Lindsay but I’m sure we have already seen the best of Ekeler.

Well, since the best of Ekeler has been better than the best of Lindsay so far...Lindsay better pick up the pace a bit. LOL

Seriously though, they are both good. And I think both would do well in the others' offense as well.

22 minutes ago, devaster said:

Bold statement for a player like Ekeler who has been at a Kamara-like efficiency level his first two seasons backing up Gordon.

Give me Ekeler with the lead gig over Lindsay any day. The Chargers offense with Rivers is a lot more productive. Even if Lindsay were the better back, which might be by a small margin, Ekeler will have a lot more scoring opportunities and chances for points.

I wouldn't argue their opportunity or role in the offense, but ceteris paribus, meaning you put Ekeler on Denver or Lindsay on SD, I'd expect better production from Lindsay. And not to beat a dead horse, but in terms of eye test, Kamara blows Ekeler out of the water.

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I wouldn't argue their opportunity or role in the offense, but ceteris paribus, meaning you put Ekeler on Denver or Lindsay on SD, I'd expect better production from Lindsay. And not to beat a dead horse, but in terms of eye test, Kamara blows Ekeler out of the water.

Kamara blows ekeler AND Lindsay out the water bro

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I get what you're saying and I agree Lindsay is a better runner But Ekeler is in a better offense and that trumps Lindsay slightly imo. If Lindsay was the lead back on the chargers he would right outside top 5 fantasy wise (he's 11th for RBs in ppr). I'll be running both into the playoffs so I hope they feature Ekeler more (especially in the passing game) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

"Kamara-like", not as good as Kamara. Ekeler has been one of the better change of pace RB's in the league with a very high efficiency on a per touch basis. Ekeler had standalone flex value all season in 1/2 or full PPR leagues.

Now Ekeler has the lead gig for a while on one of the better offenses with a borderline HoF QB. Lindsay isn't on the Chargers offense and won't be. It is also way too early to be declaring Lindsay a top RB in the NFL.

• Like 1

He ain’t built for the lead role, that much is certain after this game. And Justin Jackson will demand more touches after tonights performance. Ekeler is elite only as a COP back, and catching passes. Granted the whole Chargers offense was having a bad first half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just reading the last 15 comments or so...I already went through my bowl of popcorn. Ekeler better than Lindsay? Yeah- ok.

The sound you heard was ekelers train going off the rails and back to his scatback role that he does well in like Chris Thompson. Justin Jackson looked incredible.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Live on the scene from thousands of Fantasy Football teams:

GET. THE. FUK. OUT EKELER !! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That being said...after his first dud against the titans I said that Ekeler wouldnt give you anything close to Gordon level production. I was talked back into feeling good about him after a boom week (in which Gordon played and got hurt) and now he duds again while his own handcuff out scores him. 

I need the Ekeler apologists to come defend this s---

Yikes 13 rushes for 21 yards...I guess the London game wasn't a fluke this guy just doesn't seem cut out to be a lead back at this point. Justin Jackson looked really good though so Ekeler will likely return to his more comfortable change of pace back role. He was very productive in that role early in the season but puts him in more of the RB3 area since he is more big play/ TD-dependent. 

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Just reading the last 15 comments or so...I already went through my bowl of popcorn. Ekeler better than Lindsay? Yeah- ok.

The sound you heard was ekelers train going off the rails and back to his scatback role that he does well in like Chris Thompson. Justin Jackson looked incredible.

The point was that Lindsay was better as a runner but Ekeler was on the better offense and wasn't limited by his qb. That is still true however we were wrong about Ekeler being a better option solely because he plays on the better team. That should be settled by now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guwop said:

That being said...after his first dud against the titans I said that Ekeler wouldnt give you anything close to Gordon level production. I was talked back into feeling good about him after a boom week (in which Gordon played and got hurt) and now he duds again while his own handcuff out scores him. 

I need the Ekeler apologists to come defend this s---

Ekeler is COP, always has been, always will be.

• Like 1

was listening to fantasy football experts on a local espn radio sunday morning. some guy had a first world problem to start 2 of  conner, ekeler, and ware. the expert sold the caller well, " u have to start ekeler and ware because of the opponents. they are both top 10. Conner is good but he hasnt done much past month...."

end of discussion. 

8 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Trash JAG 

LOL.

He is a great COP back, arguably one of the better in the league. He just might not be cut out to be a lead back which is no knock on him. That does not make him a JAG though. 

He'll be a Patriot soon enough. Perfect fit for their system. I can make a guess that Bill is already looking.

N0wsjVE.gif

• Haha 3

Man, a week ago my team looked unstoppable.  Sunday developed a slow leak and by night time, it was completely flat.  Stuck now with Ekeler, Ware, Josh Adams, Sony Michel.  My only sure thing is Fournette as my RB1.  Hopefully Adams separates himself tonight to give me a RB2.

20 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

He'll be a Patriot soon enough. Perfect fit for their system. I can make a guess that Bill is already looking.

N0wsjVE.gif

:lol:

man, this whole thing is gonna get so much less interesting once this curmudgeonly s.o.b. hangs 'em up. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grayson2401 said:

LOL.

He is a great COP back, arguably one of the better in the league. He just might not be cut out to be a lead back which is no knock on him. That does not make him a JAG though. 

Flex value as cop. 0-2 as a lead back. He needs Gordon or Jackson as lead back. The only reason I'm not dropping him is because I'm facing the Gordon owner in the first round of playoffs so I'm playing keep away just in case lol

His production as the lead back is just dreadful. He is actually worse as the lead back than as the COP. Only a two game sample size though. Efficiency will drop as the lead back with more touches, but it shouldn't be this bad.