fakespike

Austin Ekeler 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Looks like I’ll have to get up at 6am pacific time to see if Ekeler is getting the start for my team this week. He’s been electric all year, except last week when he got his first start

 

Huh?? He didn’t start last week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin Ekeler & Justin Jackson left as #Chargers 2 healthy RBs. Jackson, a 7th-round rookie, has played 7 snaps.

 

Ekeler (5'8/195) has never topped 11 carries in an NFL game but likely in line for near-full workload if Gordon cant go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Never want to wish an injury to any player but I knew MG wouldn’t hold up. He’s been getting massive workloads. Was only a matter of time. 

 

Captain hindsight, anyone?

 

MG's workloads have been less than before. They are making sure he hovers in the 20-22 touch range. Gurley and Conner are the ones getting ridiculous workloads. If anyone breaks down, it's those guys.

 

MG didn't miss a game last year. This is a ridiculous take.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Captain hindsight, anyone?

 

MG's workloads have been less than before. They are making sure he hovers in the 20-22 touch range. Gurley and Conner are the ones getting ridiculous workloads. If anyone breaks down, it's those guys.

 

MG didn't miss a game last year. This is a ridiculous take.

 

But he’s got a bum hammy. Surely he slipped in the shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

 

Huh?? He didn’t start last week

On my team.  Dynasty.  I’ve had him rostered since August ‘17. Love his skill set 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gordon sits I doubt they use Ekeler just like Gordon but it should be interesting to see what Ekeler can do in a bigger role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a former Fournette owner, I think the smart thing to do is to buy this guy now. 

 

His owner may not have gotten the news and may not be paying attention.

 

Do it before he has a big game tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

As a former Fournette owner, I think the smart thing to do is to buy this guy now. 

 

His owner may not have gotten the news and may not be paying attention.

 

Do it before he has a big game tomorrow.

As an ekeler owner is this the time to trade him to the Gordon owner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is any of this true? I haven't heard any news on Gordon being injured.

 

As a Ekeler owner I am estatic right now since my roster is in dire need of a spark with DJ not producing due to his dumb a** coaching.

 

Do I start Ekeler for tmrw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Is any of this true? I haven't heard any news on Gordon being injured.

 

As a Ekeler owner I am estatic right now since my roster is in dire need of a spark with DJ not producing due to his dumb a** coaching.

 

Do I start Ekeler for tmrw?

You're gonna have to wake up early tomorrow to make that decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

As an ekeler owner is this the time to trade him to the Gordon owner?

yes. and you need to send them out today as the bye week for them Is next week so if it is minor then ecklet trade value returns to little.

(offered eckler and dt for Hilton and eckler and dak for brady in 2 qb league)

 

I think that would be the best approach to get an upgrade somewhere.

could the hammy inj be more serious and eckler gains trade value? sure but for the price eckler costed if you can get a nice upgrade now I would take it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt he gets the workload that Gordon gets if Gordon sits out. Worth persuing trade offers however

Edited by Guwop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I doubt he gets the workload that Gordon gets if Gordon sits out. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

giphy.gif

 

This is rotoworld. People ready to call him RB1 ROS off of a hamstring. Gotta nip this in the bud quickly lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I doubt he gets the workload that Gordon gets if Gordon sits out. Worth persuing trade offers however

Ekeler very likely is an RB1 in games where Gordon is out. He doesn’t need to be near Gordon’s workload to achieve such a status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone firing him up without waking up early to check on Gordon’s status? Really want to use Ekeler but trying to decide if I just play it safe and start Murray cause I’m not waking up early to find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Anyone firing him up without waking up early to check on Gordon’s status? Really want to use Ekeler but trying to decide if I just play it safe and start Murray cause I’m not waking up early to find out.

I’ll set my alarm, put him in if he’s playing, and go back to sleep. He’s a free RB1 if Gordon is out. Either way, Gordon may be limited so he’s a solid play regardless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Anyone firing him up without waking up early to check on Gordon’s status? Really want to use Ekeler but trying to decide if I just play it safe and start Murray cause I’m not waking up early to find out.

 

Firing him up regardless as a FLEX. Should get a lot of playing time no matter what.

 

When a team brings up a backup from practice squad, it usually mean the injured player is out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Anyone firing him up without waking up early to check on Gordon’s status? Really want to use Ekeler but trying to decide if I just play it safe and start Murray cause I’m not waking up early to find out.

Was firing him up before I even heard about this news. Now I'm feeling even better. Ekeler over Crowell and Lamar Miller.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.