fakespike

Austin Ekeler 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Looks like I’ll have to get up at 6am pacific time to see if Ekeler is getting the start for my team this week. He’s been electric all year, except last week when he got his first start

Huh?? He didn’t start last week

Austin Ekeler & Justin Jackson left as #Chargers 2 healthy RBs. Jackson, a 7th-round rookie, has played 7 snaps.

Ekeler (5'8/195) has never topped 11 carries in an NFL game but likely in line for near-full workload if Gordon cant go.

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Never want to wish an injury to any player but I knew MG wouldn’t hold up. He’s been getting massive workloads. Was only a matter of time. 

Captain hindsight, anyone?

MG's workloads have been less than before. They are making sure he hovers in the 20-22 touch range. Gurley and Conner are the ones getting ridiculous workloads. If anyone breaks down, it's those guys.

MG didn't miss a game last year. This is a ridiculous take.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Captain hindsight, anyone?

MG's workloads have been less than before. They are making sure he hovers in the 20-22 touch range. Gurley and Conner are the ones getting ridiculous workloads. If anyone breaks down, it's those guys.

MG didn't miss a game last year. This is a ridiculous take.

But he’s got a bum hammy. Surely he slipped in the shower.

23 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Huh?? He didn’t start last week

On my team.  Dynasty.  I’ve had him rostered since August ‘17. Love his skill set 

If Gordon sits I doubt they use Ekeler just like Gordon but it should be interesting to see what Ekeler can do in a bigger role. 

As a former Fournette owner, I think the smart thing to do is to buy this guy now. 

His owner may not have gotten the news and may not be paying attention.

Do it before he has a big game tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

As a former Fournette owner, I think the smart thing to do is to buy this guy now. 

His owner may not have gotten the news and may not be paying attention.

Do it before he has a big game tomorrow.

As an ekeler owner is this the time to trade him to the Gordon owner?

Is any of this true? I haven't heard any news on Gordon being injured.

As a Ekeler owner I am estatic right now since my roster is in dire need of a spark with DJ not producing due to his dumb a** coaching.

Do I start Ekeler for tmrw?

14 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Is any of this true? I haven't heard any news on Gordon being injured.

As a Ekeler owner I am estatic right now since my roster is in dire need of a spark with DJ not producing due to his dumb a** coaching.

Do I start Ekeler for tmrw?

You're gonna have to wake up early tomorrow to make that decision.

18 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

As an ekeler owner is this the time to trade him to the Gordon owner?

yes. and you need to send them out today as the bye week for them Is next week so if it is minor then ecklet trade value returns to little.

(offered eckler and dt for Hilton and eckler and dak for brady in 2 qb league)

I think that would be the best approach to get an upgrade somewhere.

could the hammy inj be more serious and eckler gains trade value? sure but for the price eckler costed if you can get a nice upgrade now I would take it 

I doubt he gets the workload that Gordon gets if Gordon sits out. Worth persuing trade offers however

Edited by Guwop

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I doubt he gets the workload that Gordon gets if Gordon sits out. 

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

giphy.gif

This is rotoworld. People ready to call him RB1 ROS off of a hamstring. Gotta nip this in the bud quickly lol

27 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I doubt he gets the workload that Gordon gets if Gordon sits out. Worth persuing trade offers however

Ekeler very likely is an RB1 in games where Gordon is out. He doesn’t need to be near Gordon’s workload to achieve such a status.

Anyone firing him up without waking up early to check on Gordon’s status? Really want to use Ekeler but trying to decide if I just play it safe and start Murray cause I’m not waking up early to find out.

2 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Anyone firing him up without waking up early to check on Gordon’s status? Really want to use Ekeler but trying to decide if I just play it safe and start Murray cause I’m not waking up early to find out.

I’ll set my alarm, put him in if he’s playing, and go back to sleep. He’s a free RB1 if Gordon is out. Either way, Gordon may be limited so he’s a solid play regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Firing him up regardless as a FLEX. Should get a lot of playing time no matter what.

When a team brings up a backup from practice squad, it usually mean the injured player is out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Was firing him up before I even heard about this news. Now I'm feeling even better. Ekeler over Crowell and Lamar Miller.

• Like 1