Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

This is from Yahoo Fantasy Baseball 3/27

Cam Bedrosian is likely to enter the 2018 season in a setup role.

Advice: That's the opinion of Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register, who follows the Angels as closely as anyone. Bedrosian had a far better spring than Blake Parker, but Parker was way steadier throughout the 2017 season and appears poised to get the majority of early save chances for Anaheim. Bedrosian is probably worth a stash in most fantasy leagues in case Parker's Cactus League struggles bleed over.

Blake Parker will be the closer for now. If does well like last year, it's his job. 

Edited by Miketrout009
1 minute ago, Miketrout009 said:

This is from Yahoo Fantasy Baseball 3/27

Cam Bedrosian is likely to enter the 2018 season in a setup role.

Advice: That's the opinion of Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register, who follows the Angels as closely as anyone. Bedrosian had a far better spring than Blake Parker, but Parker was way steadier throughout the 2017 season and appears poised to get the majority of early save chances for Anaheim. Bedrosian is probably worth a stash in most fantasy leagues in case Parker's Cactus League struggles bleed over.

Just FYI, the yahoo blurbs are copied from Rotoworld.

Leone is still a HOLD for now. Holland probably needs 2-3 weeks to be ready and if Leone does well I could see Holland starting in set up to gear himself up. So at worst still getting Leone as a closer for 2-4 weeks.

With Iglesias on paternity leave, I don't see anyone in the Cincinnati bullpen worth streaming the next couple days.  I love to swoop in and vulture a save or two if I can, but who the heck would it possibly be, if the Reds even get a Save Opportunity?

Cards make the most logical sense - even before the Gregerson injury they didn't really have anyone with a solid footing as closer.  If you're planning to contend this year, you're in a lot better spot using Gregerson and Leone as setup guys than closers.  

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, Greg Holland's deal with the Cardinals will be a one-year, $14 million pact.

That's a big number for it being Opening Day, but one-year deals are never really all that risky for MLB teams with deep pockets like the Cardinals. Holland gives St. Louis an answer in the ninth inning, pushing Dominic Leone, Luke Gregerson (oblique), and Tyler Lyons back into setup roles. The 31-year-old right-hander obviously won't be available for Thursday's season-opener at Citi Field in New York, but he's been working out at agent Scott Boras' facility and could be ready to jump in rather quickly.

Your official Rotoworld Blurb on the matter.  So glad this will end the endless pages of St Louis speculation and argument.  At least for a few hours anyway, hah.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Leone is still a HOLD for now. Holland probably needs 2-3 weeks to be ready and if Leone does well I could see Holland starting in set up to gear himself up. So at worst still getting Leone as a closer for 2-4 weeks.

Doubtful. He’s reportedly been throwing so I surmise a week or two.