JFS179

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

Just now, duke of queens said:

Also of note, career saves:

Mexecutioner:205

Nate Jones: 3

True, and I'm not buying or selling Jones or Soria here, I don't own shares of either.  I'm just trying to provide some objective reasoning.

And objectively speaking, I don't think Renteria is deciding who pitches which inning based on past stats.  I'm sure it plays some factor, but Jones is a 32 year old vet, not a 20 year old callup, so past saves should be a relatively small detail.

2 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

I wouldn't say it's "who cares" with Jansen. I care, and so do his owners. You better care if you were willing to spend a 3rd or 4th on him like we all did. However, I think it's more of a "wait and see" with Jansen right now. Let's see how his velocity looks in a week or two after he pitches more and builds his arm back up after not pitching much in ST.

i spent a 4th in 3 leagues, and I don't care yet.  Barely concerned, just a wee bit.  His problem was he walked 2 in a row and threw a "get me over" fast ball.   He was sitting at 92-93 prior to that.    It's like Mariano.   Every time he had 2 bad outings, in a row, (with decreased velocity) everyone was questioning.   this is just a blip,  but stay tuned

2 hours ago, mjuevos said:

what do you guys think of brach? after the opening day booboo he hasnt really had another chance other than some 8th inning work..

he's, always, been a very good pitcher

Colome can't put anyone away, been ahead of every batter.  Look out ratios. 

Much needed DP

Xander kinda owns him though in career

Annnnnnd there it is

Edited by Gumbo_Ghost

there was a time last year when Colome was brutal (I remember arguing about it) and yet he wasn't replaced. unless he gets real bad I can't see TB making a change.

Cutters are a difficult to maintain over a long period.  Outside of the great one Mariano Rivera these cutter pitchers seem to lose there effectiveness after a few seasons.  It is still early but Colomé and Janesen might be both losing their effectiveness.

I told you Hand isnt Champan or Kimbrel. 

Is Champan in the Y! database?

Time to grab Kirby Yates in SD.  

2 minutes ago, mtw02 said:

Time to grab Kirby Yates in SD.  

Is this typical overreactionary closer thread talk or should we add now and ask questions later?

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Is this typical overreactionary closer thread talk or should we add now and ask questions later?

If you got space I'd add. He'll help your ratios in the meantime

16 minutes ago, smeeze said:

In my leagues saves are scarce and its a competitive landscape so speculative adds like this are a must.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mtw02 said:

In my leagues saves are scarce and its a competitive landscape so speculative adds like this are a must.  

Yeah in our league you have to roster handcuffs well ahead of time to get a possible source of saves. Someone will grab Yates and hold him to see if Hand blows two-three more saves, the good ones will help your ratios anyways. I appreciate the info. Did anyone see Phillies bullpen and Neris today?

Also Rodney time rn

Edited by loro1991

1 minute ago, screaming_vultures said:

Amazing how Rodney is still a closer in 2018

He's not a closer, he just plays one on TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not dropping hand but he will be on the bench next week.  I’m staying far away from the San Diego situation.  They’re terrible