Rotoworld.com Forums

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

IMO Holland isn't even that good anymore. Leone is probably the better pitcher now. But throwing a dude in there with name value does give the GM and manager political cover.

But it does suck if you got any STL dudes as speculation.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

There were whispers this spring that the Phils wanted to use Neris as a fireman. 

Watch out for Edubray Ramos here. Nasty, nasty stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, JFS179 said:

There were whispers this spring that the Phils wanted to use Neris as a fireman. 

Was literally just about to post the same regarding Ramos.

I've been watching him closely for two years now.   

• Like 1

A random note on Strickland...

I didn't have the chance to watch him this spring but apparently he worked with John Smoltz this offseason on his slider.

10 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I didn't have the chance to watch him this spring but apparently he worked with John Smoltz this offseason on his slider.

Spring stats were filthy too. I'm speculating on him over Dyson and Watson and crossing my fingers. Both were atrocious this spring and Dyson had dumpster-fire stretches last year.

Edited by Caelum
1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Was literally just about to post the same regarding Ramos.

I've been watching him closely for two years now.   

1 hour ago, JFS179 said:

In the past, Neshek has openly stated he doesn't like closing. Wonder if that's still the case.  Any Phillies fans have insight on if Ramos has looked the part of closer this spring?  

14 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Doesn't he have a  "thing" where he doesn't like the closer role?  I feel like it came up in past when he was in line for it before.  

3 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

In the past, Neshek has openly stated he doesn't like closing. Wonder if that's still the case.  Any Phillies fans have insight on if Ramos has looked the part of closer this spring?  

Ramos' Spring Training stats:
11H, 1HR, 8R, 7ER, 7.27 ERA is concerning. 17/2 K/BB is good however. Gives up way too many hits. Seems like once he gives up hits, he loses confidence

4 minutes ago, chrisrfu said:

Ramos' Spring Training stats:
11H, 1HR, 8R, 7ER, 7.27 ERA is concerning. 17/2 K/BB is good however. Gives up way too many hits. Seems like once he gives up hits, he loses confidence

Yikes.  Anyone have a consensus on who the best potential pickup would be in this pen if they do indeed use Neris as a fireman? Ramos, Neshek, Morgan?  FWIW Closer Monkey has it listed as Neris, Neshek, Morgan before this news came out...

1 hour ago, swingbatter said:

Yikes.  Anyone have a consensus on who the best potential pickup would be in this pen if they do indeed use Neris as a fireman? Ramos, Neshek, Morgan?  FWIW Closer Monkey has it listed as Neris, Neshek, Morgan before this news came out...

May end up like Cincinnati last year where they wanted 3 or 4 guys pitching 2 inning saves all the time.  Starters couldn't last 4 innings and all the relievers but Iglesias sucked.  Had to abandon that plan in a matter of weeks.  

Was almost hoping it would be Dyson first so he could implode right away and give Strickland a longer leash. I think Sticksland's leash is a bit shorter in this scenario but hopefully he runs with it and the point is moot.

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

Anytime there is a closer situation to watch i try and find the beat writers for that team on twitter. Every SF beat writer was behind on this guy from the LA times. Any particular reason you followed him? Just wondering.