TheWrightStuff

Joey Lucchesi 2018 Outlook

Draft him next year, but I'm in a 16 team league that doesn't count QS. Nothing extraordinary, but I'm inclined to hold onto him as he gets further and further away from that injury

Moved up to start tonight @ NYM vs. Degrom. I liked him a lot more for tomorrow vs. Vargas.

He is not a good bet for a QS, so vs. Vargas would be hoping for 5 IP and leave with a lead and get a W. But I'm not sure the Padres offense can get to DeGrom in 5 innings so not as great a play now.

10 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

Moved up to start tonight @ NYM vs. Degrom. I liked him a lot more for tomorrow vs. Vargas.

He is not a good bet for a QS, so vs. Vargas would be hoping for 5 IP and leave with a lead and get a W. But I'm not sure the Padres offense can get to DeGrom in 5 innings so not as great a play now.

Agreed.  Thought about picking him up until I saw he was facing DeGrom.  Definitely not a good bet for wins leagues — but possibly a QS and decent ratios.

Problem is he is 0-9 in quality starts, his season high is 6 K's, and was roughed up in his AAA start during the ASB. Think I'm going to sit this one out but I like him long term.

The Mets offense is putrid. They have scored the fewest runs and have the third lowest team OPS in the NL. On top of that, they have the worst AVG and worst OPS vs LHP in the NL. If you're not starting him now, then when?

1 hour ago, neljak25 said:

Problem is he is 0-9 in quality starts, his season high is 6 K's, and was roughed up in his AAA start during the ASB. Think I'm going to sit this one out but I like him long term.

Hes had 7, 8, and 9k games in his first three starts bro

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShaneMT said:

Hes had 7, 8, and 9k games in his first three starts bro

my bad, I only went back to April 28th, didn't expand it. I stand corrected. Thanks!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, neljak25 said:

He's not roster able in Q's leagues. Rookies usually aren't. Anywhere else, he gets you solid ratios and K's. Nothing special, buy quietly useful.