TheWrightStuff

Joey Lucchesi 2018 Outlook

As a Lucchesi owner, I'm more than OK with this. It buys him time to rest, reset, and potentially nets him a longer duration on the team contributing stats deeper into the fantasy season. 

4 minutes ago, bank said:

As a Lucchesi owner, I'm more than OK with this. It buys him time to rest, reset, and potentially nets him a longer duration on the team contributing stats deeper into the fantasy season. 

As a Lucchesi owner, I am less than OK with this. I've been trying to trade him for a while now and his perceived trade value just hit the skids (for the time being). Every single DL-slot I have is filled, and there is a spillover (5 hurt players and 2 slots). 

• Like 2

I dumped him he's not going to get you many wins on a bad Padres team and the chances of getting a QS from him are 50% so i'm supposed to keep him for ratios and k's i just picked up Heaney and Cahill who have better chances of getting the other stats

Long-term view comment.   Good to see that Colorado didn't rock him as they are the first team to see him three times. 

Latest from the San Diego Union-Tribune

LHP Joey Lucchesi (hip) is throwing from 150 feet out and threw about 20 pitches off a mound earlier this week. The Padres have not announced who is replacing him in the rotation on Friday and it’s becoming increasingly unlikely that Lucchesi will return to the rotation the next time through. “It’s getting to the point in time where he’ll have to go throw three to four innings (on a minor league rehab assignment) before he’s back in the rotation,” Green said.

Honestly, keep him out another two weeks. Let him heal and rest.

DL stints like these ones - mid season, not that serious, on young pitchers - are a blessing because it increases the chance they will pitch into September.

provided you play in a league with DL slots

4 perfect innings and 6 Ks (1 HBP) in his rehab start for Lake Elsinore tonight. 

Edited by machine3
  • Like 3

I haven't seen any official word yet, but he only threw 47 pitches in his rehab start last week, so logically you'd think he has to build up a bit more strength before getting activated.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:52 AM, Noles said:

Does anyone know if he is being activated this week?

starting tomorrow vs Oakland

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WTP333 said:

starting tomorrow vs Oakland

Anyone rolling him out today? I certainly would but he's in my DL slot and I can't activatr him until tomorrow, which knowing my luck means he'll pitch a gem tonight. My keeper team welcomes you back Joey!

21 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

Anyone rolling him out today? I certainly would but he's in my DL slot and I can't activatr him until tomorrow, which knowing my luck means he'll pitch a gem tonight. My keeper team welcomes you back Joey!

That yahoo rule sucks. I cannot understand why they won’t allow adds the same day before any games start.

You can’t stream a pitcher for a day on yahoo it’s called stream a pitcher two days in advance. 

Unless those are the settings every league I have played in on yahoo has. Those pro thingeees are the same. 

Edited by shakestreet

I want to roll him out today the only thing that worries me is with only 47 pitches his last time out I can see him being on a 70-75 pitch count which only gives him 4-5 innings.

Love this kids stuff. Not sure if I wanna drop anyone on my team for him though. I'm trying to figure out if he's a better fantasy asset than Tyson Ross.

45 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

I want to roll him out today the only thing that worries me is with only 47 pitches his last time out I can see him being on a 70-75 pitch count which only gives him 4-5 innings.

I hear you. I feel like if that was an issue they'd have given him another rehab start. But I can certainly see it. 

1 hour ago, neljak25 said:

I also doubt he goes very long into this game, they were already babying him before the injury so it’s a long shot he gets to 80 pitches.

Well he definitely didn't go too deep into this game lol. Not bc of pitch count though, bc he got rocked... Anyone watch this one? I just know the box score is really ugly, I'm just curious if there were any good/bad takeaways if you watched him actually pitch. 

He is garbage is what I saw