affliction

Jay Ajayi 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Non-story. Who rents a mansion to an NFL player after the SB not expecting parties? House owner was just looking to make some additional money and publicity.

He’ll still have to pay for damages, and maybe + some if he signed a contract.

No league discipline obviously.

Ajayi isn’t the best RB on the roster, so this is a non event for Phili.

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

Clement is the best RB on the roster? I don't see it. Nice to see him get some hype after everyone wrote him off last pre-season and were touting Smallwood again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

This is TMZ news. 

Nothing wrong with sharing it here. I, myself, find these things interesting. 

However, this has no bering on football and the Philly backfield. Ajayi is still the 2 down banger in this backfield. 

I am personally interested to see if Matt Jones will make this team and what (if any) impact he might have on Ajayi role in this backfield. 

Last year the eagles tried to have a 4 headed RBBC. If this was to happen again then everyone in this backfield is officially dead to me. 

53 minutes ago, devaster said:

Clement is the best RB on the roster? I don't see it. Nice to see him get some hype after everyone wrote him off last pre-season and were touting Smallwood again.

Blount & Clement made Ajayi irrelevant in the Super Bowl.

Maybe Josh Adams can fill the Blount role...

Ajayi is boom/bust, I’d only be interested in him in “best ball” and since I don’t play that way... no thanks.

13 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Blount & Clement made Ajayi irrelevant in the Super Bowl.

Maybe Josh Adams can fill the Blount role...

Ajayi is boom/bust, I’d only be interested in him in “best ball” and since I don’t play that way... no thanks.

One game doesn't make a season. Ajayi was very good in the other playoff games. And still did well in the SB when asked to carry the ball. Ajayi had a big catch and run if I remember right.

Josh Adams probably won't even make the 53-man roster. Adams is a poor man's Latavius Murray. As long as Smallwood is healthy throughout the pre-season, I expect Smallwood to be the #4.

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

One game doesn't make a season. Ajayi was very good in the other playoff games. And still did well in the SB when asked to carry the ball. Ajayi had a big catch and run if I remember right.

Josh Adams probably won't even make the 53-man roster. Adams is a poor man's Latavius Murray. As long as Smallwood is healthy throughout the pre-season, I expect Smallwood to be the #4.

What do you consider "very good"? 

Are you also using very good in filling a role to help a team win or fantasy relevance? 

1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

C'mon, you don't really believe that.  He's obviously the best running in Philly. Yes, he's not a "franchise" running back but he is the best they got. I like Clement and Sproles as well but Ajayi is clearly the top dog.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

C'mon, you don't really believe that.  He's obviously the best running in Philly. Yes, he's not a "franchise" running back but he is the best they got. I like Clement and Sproles as well but Ajayi is clearly the top dog.

Even if Ajayi is the “top dog” it’s still a committe.  Ajayi isn’t worth a 4th round pick... maybe a 6th.

41 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

This is TMZ news. 

Nothing wrong with sharing it here. I, myself, find these things interesting. 

However, this has no bering on football and the Philly backfield. Ajayi is still the 2 down banger in this backfield. 

I am personally interested to see if Matt Jones will make this team and what (if any) impact he might have on Ajayi role in this backfield. 

Last year the eagles tried to have a 4 headed RBBC. If this was to happen again then everyone in this backfield is officially dead to me. 

I think Matt Jones will make the team. They don't seem in love with Smallwood or Pumphrey. I think it will be:

- Ajayi 

- Clement

- Sproles

- Jones 

- Adams (Practice Squad)

Just now, seanismorris said:

Even if Ajayi is the “top dog” it’s still a committe.  Ajayi isn’t worth a 4th round pick... maybe a 6th.

You may very well be correct. But you said he's not the best on the roster. Not where he'll be drafted.

1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

You may very well be correct. But you said he's not the best on the roster. Not where he'll be drafted.

I’m betting someone emerges as the top dog.

Ajayi had zero games where he had 15+ points (PPR).  He got is @#$& kicked by the Jets.  He played them 2x for a total 34 carries & 66 yards.  He also had a stretch of 4 games where he had < 10 carries.

Ajayi’s averages look ok because of big plays, but he’s the same guy he was in Miami.

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

Ajayi had zero games where he had 15+ points (PPR).  He got is @#$& kicked by the Jets.  He played them 2x for a total 34 carries & 66 yards.  He also had a stretch of 4 games where he had < 10 carries.

Ajayi’s averages look ok because of big plays, but he’s the same guy he was in Miami.

Yeah but you need to understand their offense. Pederson runs 4 deep at you. He doesn't use a "feature back". So of course his stats look average. He'll never have an all-pro RB in his offense. There's not enough ball to go around.

7 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

None of the RB's in Philly's backfield get enough touches for any of them to be worth a high draft pick in fantasy. Until we see evidence of that changing it is a backfield I'm staying away from. Ajayi is the best bet for TD's next season though.

18 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

I think Matt Jones will make the team. They don't seem in love with Smallwood or Pumphrey. I think it will be:

- Ajayi 

- Clement

- Sproles

- Jones 

- Adams (Practice Squad)

I agree with what you said here. I do believe they have 5 RB's on the active roster as well. 

Smallwood has shown versatility with the special teams squad as well and for that reason I believe he has a decent shot of sticking with the team, even if his RB role with the team is quite small. 

Pumphrey was a 4th round pick just last year. I'm not saying they won't cut him, but I'm unsure if they will. This whole backfield is gonna be very interesting for me to watch. 

2 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Yeah but you need to understand their offense. Pederson runs 4 deep at you. He doesn't use a "feature back". So of course his stats look average. He'll never have an all-pro RB in his offense. There's not enough ball to go around.

So... you’re saying it’s a committe to avoid.  And, Ajayi is nothing special.

All but Barkley (out of the rookies) is being taken behind Ajayi.  I’d take 4 (at least) before him...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

So... you’re saying it’s a committe to avoid.  And, Ajayi is nothing special.

All but Barkley (out of the rookies) is being taken behind Ajayi.  I’d take 4 (at least) before him...

I wouldn't touch any of the Eagles RB's in fantasy. As a whole they are very good. Individually they won't get enough touches each to warrant RB1 consideration. 

Edited by South Carolina

3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

I wouldn't touch any of the Eagles RB's in fantasy. As a whole they are very good. Individually they won't get enough touches each to warrant RB1 consideration. 

Strongly disagree with that. The lead RB, whoever it is, will get enough GL carries in that offense to be a low-end RB1 IMO.

Just now, joshua18 said:

Strongly disagree with that. The lead RB, whoever it is, will get enough GL carries in that offense to be a low-end RB1 IMO.

I’m pretty sure Ajayi’s failures at short yard situations (like goal line carries) is why he got traded...

Just now, joshua18 said:

I don't see any of them as an RB1. Perhaps Ajayi as a higher end RB2 but not an RB1. I think Clement/Sproles will see the bulk of red zone touches.

3 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

I don't see any of them as an RB1. Perhaps Ajayi as a higher end RB2 but not an RB1. I think Clement/Sproles will see the bulk of red zone touches.

Wentz can also run them in unless the injury dials him down 

Just now, JSA2422 said:

Your right. There's just too many red zone options. They can score with anybody from anywhere. They don't rely on any 1, 2 or 3 players.

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I think they’re going to avoid any situations with Wentz running, unless there’s easy yardage.  I like the Sproles/Clement at the goal line.

Sproles will probably be used sparingly in the NE White role (saving him for the post season) but at the goal line I’d trust Sproles.

Just now, seanismorris said:

I think they’re going to avoid any situations with Wentz running, unless there’s easy yardage.  I like the Sproles/Clement at the goal line.

Sproles will probably be used sparingly in the NE White role (saving him for the post season) but at the goal line I’d trust Sproles.

I could definitely see a lot of goal line plays going to Sproles/Clement out of the backfield. Pederson loves to throw it from there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Your right. There's just too many red zone options. They can score with anybody from anywhere. They don't rely on any 1, 2 or 3 players.

Handing off, or faking to Sproles is a deadly scenario.  Short passes to either Clement or Sproles also works.  The Eagles will be tough to stop...  

RBBC’s are terrible for fantasy, but they work.

Matt Jones going to a SB winning team and carving out a useful role would be the most Redskins thing ever.   

• Haha 1