affliction

Jay Ajayi 2018 Outlook

Ajayi is a tough dude there is no denying that between back issue and playing through torn acl. Sucks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

You would think it would be hard for a team to fake a torn ACL.  But I am sure his comments didn't help the matter.

Update: Pederson threw a paper ball at Ajayi, resulting in a broken back and torn ACL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

the question is has he played his last down as an eagle ?

free agent next year 

That's probably his last down as a football player

Just now, Zig Zag said:

tumblr_nxj9kjagn71ufl1nbo1_500.gif

See you in a year. You think anyone's gonna make him even a second stringer next year?

Feel bad for the guy. But thankfully now I can cut him and use the roster spot on somebody with upside.

Just now, pushaZ said:

See you in a year. You think anyone's gonna make him even a second stringer next year?

Uhh yeah absolutely.  

3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Of course. Start printing his Pats jersey.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still don't understand the hate for this guy. He's a talented workhorse back who with the exception of one season hasn't been given workhorse duties. Peterson is as much of a headcase as Adam Gase so hopefully he gets out of Philly next season. It will be interesting to see where he will land and I could see him being a Carlos Hyde like value next year (probably unhyped middle round veteran back on a new team who can return high end RB2 value).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

this guy became droppable and irrelevant with that goalline fumble, but injury is sad in general.

It would be great to see the Eagles trade for LeVeon Bell and then watch Pederson give him 8 carries while giving a combination of Smallwood, Clement, and Sproles a combined 15-20 carries per game. 

Absolutely railroaded.... so from his lips wanting more carries to the coaches ears to the coach agreeing he needs used more to IR all within 4 hours after practice.... that was an absolute oh more carries sure by the way you're on injured reserve :angry: eff...

So what do you guys think his outlook is in 2019? He'll be coming back from an ACL injury and he may not be an Eagle anymore. I kind of get a bad gut feeling about where this is heading.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:31 AM, Spyplane said:

So what do you guys think his outlook is in 2019? He'll be coming back from an ACL injury and he may not be an Eagle anymore. I kind of get a bad gut feeling about where this is heading.

He's an unrestricted FA, so I don't see him going back to Philly. I think someone is going to sign him as a backup, but health is going to be a huge question mark next year. I see no scenario in which he is signed by anyone to be a lead back, so I just don't see a good outlook for him in 2019. Back injuries don't just go away.