affliction

Jay Ajayi 2018 Outlook

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Dark horse to lead the league in rushing TDs

The Eagles had 9 rushing tds last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

The Eagles had 9 rushing tds last year.

Right. They had an unsustainably high rate of passing TDs. When that regresses, the rushing TDs will have to increase for them to stay a top offense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Right. They had an unsustainably high rate of passing TDs. When that regresses, the rushing TDs will have to increase for them to stay a top offense.

Did they trade away their redzone targets?

Alshon seems to be carrying a serious shoulder injury, and maybe they'll lean on the run game this year inside the 10? To protect Wentz from doing dumb things like diving for the end zone and getting his leg twisted like a pretzel? I owned Wentz last year and losing him was a big blow to my team. 

Blount being gone frees up 180 touches (10 GL carries). He even had a receiving touchdown last year from inside the 5. Hopefully those plays go to the J train now. 

Big on him this year. Yeah the Eagles will use a committee of sorts. Yeah they oddly only had 9 rushing tds last year. But this is a high end offense with a high end OL that will run the ball a lot. Blount was 1/10 scoring inside the 5 yard line in the regular season and then he scored 3 tds in 3 playoff games further highlighting that the 2 rushing tds scored in the power back role were likely flukishly low. 

The Blount role last year netted Blount 14.3 carries per game prior to Ajayi’s arrival and once Ajayi was in the fold the two combined to average 20.5 carries per game. I feel pretty good about Ajayi averaging 16 or so carries per game which is 256 over 16 games. He averaged 5.3 ypc across 10 games as an Eagle last year. Bringing that down to 4.6 gets him about 1180 yards on the ground. Ajayi caught 16 balls in those 10 games while averaging 11.2 carries. With more time on the field I’d give him at least 2 catches to get to 32/256 on the ground. That leaves him sitting at 1436 yards and there’s room to believe those touches are conservative. Do what you will with the tds.

• Like 3

Yea hes a good value after the sexy names go

should be a michael turner comp ala Td dependent but Td's are worth a good amount of points ive heard

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Dark horse to lead the league in rushing TDs

Not a chance in hell considering how Philly likes to use Corey Clement.

• Like 2

I he gets enough touches and goal line work, he'll be good. Just hard to know what Philly will do with the 3 back combo.

Don't want anything to do with Ajayi.  He's in a committee, won't be the primary 3rd down back, and the Eagles prefer Clement near the goal line.  I'll let someone else take Jay and grab Clement in the later rounds.  

• Like 1

Just now, TommyKramer said:

Don't want anything to do with Ajayi.  He's in a committee, won't be the primary 3rd down back, and the Eagles prefer Clement near the goal line.  I'll let someone else take Jay and grab Clement in the later rounds.  

Exactly 

Ajayi is getting 15-20 touches a game in an elite offense behind a very good line. Feeling good with him as my RB2 and fantastic with him as my flex. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrastersCreep said:

Ajayi is getting 15-20 touches a game in an elite offense behind a very good line. Feeling good with him as my RB2 and fantastic with him as my flex. 

He'll get the touches. But come red zone it's all Ertz & Clement.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:30 AM, South Carolina said:

He'll get the touches. But come red zone it's all Ertz & Clement.

Source? Why all the sudden "Ajayi wont get the GL carries" hate? Ajayi is just as large a back as Clement - has Jay shown in the past he cant score in the redzone?

Also, does no one remember this guy can break away an score from outside the redzone? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Source? Why all the sudden "Ajayi wont get the GL carries" hate? Ajayi is just as large a back as Clement - has Jay shown in the past he cant score in the redzone?

Also, does no one remember this guy can break away an score from outside the redzone? 

Ajayi had 208 carries last year and 1 touchdown.

27 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Ajayi had 208 carries last year and 1 touchdown.

In 2016 on the other hand, he had 260 carries for 1200 yd and 8 TDs. So it's not as if he can't do it.

Ajayi is a steal in the 4th round or beyond IFF he stays healthy. He'll be the lead back on one of the league's best offenses, which also has a good defense. That means game flow will mostly work in his favor.

His backups are already dinged up, so he may end up staying in on a bunch of passing downs as well. 3-down back on the Super Bowl Champs? Sign me up.

The main question is if he's durable enough to be a 3-down back.

6 hours ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Ever watch Dougy P or the Eagles last season? If you did you'd know what I'm talking about.

3 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

what? lol

Alshon Jeffery has had shoulder surgery in February that should take at least 6 months to recover. He may start the season, but then again, he may not, and in Yahoo he is on PUP.

26 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Alshon Jeffery has had shoulder surgery in February that should take at least 6 months to recover. He may start the season, but then again, he may not, and in Yahoo he is on PUP.

Yes it sucks but they are still deep at WR. Factor in Ertz/Goedert and suddenly they are a very good bunch. It doesn't hurt that they have an elite QB.

1 minute ago, South Carolina said:

It doesn't hurt that they have an elite QB.

...who himself is hurting. As is the backup. As is the backup WR.

34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

...who himself is hurting. As is the backup. As is the backup WR.

All the more to feed the rock to Ajayi. No Blount, more running = big year...........