affliction

Jay Ajayi 2018 Outlook

12 minutes ago, austin316 said:

NAILED IT!

Sure Ajayi is talented and I like his British accent but this is the secret sauce right here. At the bare minimum, Clement is going to be used a lot to keep Ajayi healthy .

Ajayi is in his last year. Obviously, saving him for the playoffs is great and all but they have to lock up the 1st seed first in a very tough division. You can make a bigger case for preserving miles on Clement as he will be their guy after this year. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Ajayi is in his last year. Obviously, saving him for the playoffs is great and all but they have to lock up the 1st seed first in a very tough division. You can make a bigger case for preserving miles on Clement as he will be their guy after this year. 

Fair point, but they're not going to run Ajayi into the ground just because he gone after the year. How is that effective for their ball club in the present moment?... They will want to keep him fresh and able to play.

16 minutes ago, austin316 said:

NAILED IT!

Sure Ajayi is talented and I like his British accent but this is the secret sauce right here. At the bare minimum, Clement is going to be used a lot to keep Ajayi healthy .

Now hold the f--- up.

Jay Ajayi is British?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gohawks said:

Now hold the f--- up.

Jay Ajayi is British?

giphy.gif

Yes. He was born there.

34 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

If you drafted Ajayi and didn't cuff him with Clement you done messed up. Clement will have stand alone FLEX appeal with a healthy Ajayi as he was the preferred red zone RB and they like to utilize him in the passing game. A lot of people are understandably worried about Ajayi's knees and believe he's on borrowed time. The Eagles have a great offense and a potentially dominant offensive line. Theyre going to run the ball a lot and I believe both Ajayi and Clement will be a great 1-2 punch. New Orleans proved that it's totally possible for a backfield to produce 2 RBs that you can depend on every week. With Ajayi likely getting 15-18 touches I believe that will leave at least 10-12 for Clement. If Ajayi were to miss time Clement will be a league winner and he requires a very inexpensive investment, it's honestly completely inexcusable to not have drafted Clement. I would also strongly encourage any Ajayi owners that missed out to aggressively pursue him before the unsuspecting Clement owners realize what they have with him on Thursday.

But if jay is your 3rd rb and you have shallow benches, what’s the point?

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

Lol this made my night.

Hah, i watched that as well. The bit at 5:50 is hilarious.

What's so bad about Clement? Ajayi won't get ALL of the caries. Clement is a good 3rd-down guy. Could form a good 1-2 punch.

If it keeps from Ajayi getting hurt, I'm all for it! 

Just now, ponza88 said:

What's so bad about Clement? Ajayi won't get ALL of the caries. Clement is a good 3rd-down guy. Could form a good 1-2 punch.

If it keeps from Ajayi getting hurt, I'm all for it! 

Nothing is bad about him but thinking he will be a weekly flex seems unrealistic. People love to go to the Super Bowl but in the playoffs Ajayi got 42 carries and Clement got 6. There's nothing to indicate that it will be even near a split unless Ajayi gets injured in which case Clement becomes a very good play. However, you can say that for a lot of cuffs.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Nothing is bad about him but thinking he will be a weekly flex seems unrealistic. People love to go to the Super Bowl but in the playoffs Ajayi got 42 carries and Clement got 6. There's nothing to indicate that it will be even near a split unless Ajayi gets injured in which case Clement becomes a very good play. However, you can say that for a lot of cuffs.

There was also the 200 Blount touches that aren’t being accounted for. In addition to it being fair to expect the Eagles to lean on the run game & D while Wentz gets healthy. Clement was a rookie UDFA that earned the backup job and played well enough to be a siginificant contributor to the best team in the NFL. He’s going to be a big part of the offense. Furthermore I think there’s a strong case hes a flex play.  

57 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

But if jay is your 3rd rb and you have shallow benches, what’s the point?

That he’ll be THE guy if Ajayi goes down where as a lot of other backfields will likely form a committee if the main RB goes down.

16 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

That he’ll be THE guy if Ajayi goes down where as a lot of other backfields will likely form a committee if the main RB goes down.

RB1 to the fantasy championship

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, davedavedave said:

Is this guy still not practicing?  Any other news or details on this lower body injury?

Foot injury, can't find any more details though. 

From cbs:

by RotoWire Staff
(19 hrs ago) Ajayi (foot) was limited in practice Monday, Adam Caplan of SiriusXM Radio reports.

Despite an inability to practice Sunday due to a foot injury, Ajayi is expected to suit up for Thursday's regular-season opener against the Falcons. After joining the Eagles last season, his touches wavered between six and 21 in the team's march to a Super Bowl win, so his workload could be game-dependent with capable reserves Corey Clement and Darren Sproles also on hand.

Jay Ajayi (foot) is practicing Tuesday.

It is the second practice in a row after Ajayi sat out two weeks with a foot injury. He looks to be on track for Thursday night's opener against the Falcons. Ajayi will be a mid-range RB2 in that matchup.

Source:

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

Jay Ajayi (foot) is practicing Tuesday.

It is the second practice in a row after Ajayi sat out two weeks with a foot injury. He looks to be on track for Thursday night's opener against the Falcons. Ajayi will be a mid-range RB2 in that matchup.

Source:

Should be an RB1. I'm not saying he is an RB1 for the year but Falcons have an extremely small front 7 and Eagles will be likely looking to pound the ball more without Wentz.

I tried not to overthink this one: high game-to-game ceiling based on talent, great O-Line, great handcuff with a good price, starting RB on a team that's gonna be leading and winning a lot. 

I bet heavily on this dude.  And cuffed the hell out of him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clintonj8 said:

I tried not to overthink this one: high game-to-game ceiling based on talent, great O-Line, great handcuff with a good price, starting RB on a team that's gonna be leading and winning a lot. 

I bet heavily on this dude.  And cuffed the hell out of him.  

What was the price you paid to get this guy? He fell really far in my draft to me, like 5.11 (pick 59 or 60.) Seems ludicrous that I landed him that late. Silva's all over him in the matchups column. Eagles may be able to dominate time of possession in this one.

Ajayi getting 20 touches on Thursday? We'll find out! Think he's an easy start this week.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

I got him in the 4th and cuffed with Clement.

Is he the highest risk RB to draft right now not named Lesean McCoy? Seems like everyone's worried about the kids health. 

i took him in the 4th right after hyde, miller and lewis all went and before burkhead, ingram and j williams.  i mentioned this in the clement thread, but clement went in the 8th round in our draft and i sadly missed out on him.  for those that havent drafted yet, you may have to reach a bit to cuff him.

17 minutes ago, herschel said:

i took him in the 4th right after hyde, miller and lewis all went and before burkhead, ingram and j williams.  i mentioned this in the clement thread, but clement went in the 8th round in our draft and i sadly missed out on him.  for those that havent drafted yet, you may have to reach a bit to cuff him.

Thats about where he landed in my drafts as well. I nabbed him early in the 5th which felt like good value.

any projections on his performance tonight?  assuming everyone that drafted him is starting him....

i think im sitting him for james white in my ppr.  no real reason other than i need to work tonight and wont be able to watch the game....

• Haha 1